Little question about installation error

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hey there,

can somebody please tell me what the problem with this component of the Ding0's Experience Pack is?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ERROR: parsing [J#KLS25D.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [J#KLS25D.BCS] -> [override/J#KLS25D.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50% (Ding0's Experience Fixer (DEFJAM)) was not installed due to errors.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was able to isntall every component of the pack but this (really important) one.

Is some file missing and can I manually fix it after the BWS installation?

I am using the newest BWS (13.9).

Edited by Vlan, 03 October 2013 - 04:59 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:06 AM

Open up the setup-xpmod.debug file with Notepad and copy paste it's content to a post... and --change-log the "J#KLS25D.BCS" file.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Open up the setup-xpmod.debug file with Notepad and copy paste it's content to a post... and --change-log the "J#KLS25D.BCS" file.

that's the entry which I found in the setup file. Won't post the whole thing beause it's 1.800.000 lines.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[./override/J#KFIGHT.BCS] loaded, 5213 bytes
[./override/J#KLS25D.BCS] loaded, 4802 bytes

[J#KLS25D.BCS.BCS] PARSE ERROR at line 58 column 1-7
Near Text: %KSONG%
    syntax error

[J#KLS25D.BCS.BCS]  ERROR at line 58 column 1-7
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [J#KLS25D.BCS] -> [override/J#KLS25D.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Reduce to 50%], rolling back to previous state

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

that's the entry which I found in the setup file. Won't post the whole thing beause it's 1.800.000 lines.

[./override/J#KFIGHT.BCS] loaded, 5213 bytes
[./override/J#KLS25D.BCS] loaded, 4802 bytes

[J#KLS25D.BCS.BCS] PARSE ERROR at line 58 column 1-7
    syntax error

[J#KLS25D.BCS.BCS]  ERROR at line 58 column 1-7
    Parsing.Parse_error

That's sufficient... the syntax error says the mod is wrongly coded as it cannot make the %KSONG% a variable, the patching fails and so the component rolls back to the original, it might be due to multiple reasons, someone should be able to trace this on that and possibly the... so what about the --change-log of the requested file then ? :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Hey there,

just tried to install it (before you answered) manually and got this this time:

[./override/AR0452.BCS] loaded, 12006 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert %MATCH2% or %%MATCH2%% to an integer
ERROR: [AR0452.BCS] -> [override/AR0452.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("int_of_string"))

Unable to Unlink [xpmod/backup/12/OTHER.12]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "xpmod/backup/12/OTHER.12")

should I still make a change-log because the old value which I posted first can't be found anymore?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

Hmm, what version does the "WeiDU v xxx Log" say it to be ? It's the very first line in the debug file.

Well, erhm some of the lines are more important than the other and I bet you can't tell which ones they are, cause I don't... so it's all guess work on my part.

Edited by The Imp, 03 October 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#7 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Hmm, what version does the "WeiDU v xxx Log" say it to be ? It's the very first line in the debug file.

Well, erhm some of the lines are more important than the other and I bet you can't tell which ones they are, cause I don't... so it's all guess work on my part.

Weidu20200.

but I decided to drop the exp quest thingy for now and doing another custom installation without it.

I was not able to start / test the game for the last 3 days (not even sure if it works at all after the installation).

If I am sure that the game itself seems to run fine I maybe will try another installation with the quest exp thing.

Edited by Vlan, 03 October 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Weidu20200.

So it's not v23200 ...
This is very likely the explanation why the function fails... the weidu.exe(v20200) that's renamed as the setup-xpmod.exe doesn't have the functions nessasary to identify what the mods have done to the game files... you could just unpack the latest version of the weidu.exe(in the Windows Archive), and rename that as the setup-xpmod.exe and then run it, and it should be able to do what's requested.

#9 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Weidu20200.

So it's not v23200 ...
This is very likely the explanation why the function fails... the weidu.exe(v20200) that's renamed as the setup-xpmod.exe doesn't have the functions nessasary to identify what the mods have done to the game files... you could just unpack the latest version of the weidu.exe(in the Windows Archive), and rename that as the setup-xpmod.exe and then run it, and it should be able to do what's requested.

Thanks! Will try that out later!

edit: it did not help ... welp

Edited by Vlan, 03 October 2013 - 01:40 PM.