BiG World Project Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#241 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

ERROR: Failure("ERROR: no tabulated charset could be found for language english")

Weird. Seems like a case sensitivity issue? I can see "English" defined in the the ass array.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#242 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

We reached the same conclusion.  See my edited post above.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#243 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

That did the trick! It's working. :new_thumbs:

The Picture Standard  - "Go for the Eyes Bo!"

#244 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hi Lollorian. Just letting you know that next week I get the new case so in one or two weeks I am fully operative. Beside that, I think I solved the Rukrakia worldmap patching thing... but you have to wait a couple of weeks. I have to set up everything again and apply the "fix" to Rukrakia. After that, I will let you have the files. For now, I manually wrote on paper the Rukrakia code changed to make it work.

#245 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:47 AM

Cheers! Maybe someone here can volunteer to test it out before your case comes in :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#246 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

My case should come in by wednesday. I think the week after I should be able to copy the code. I will test it myself. What really worries me is that I have no news after WizardCorp, who should be proofreading all the missing english translations.

#247 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

@ Lollorian

It would be nice if you could remove patch "RU6700.baf.patch" for Rukraria NPC mod from fixpack.

More about the issue here.

Sorry if faulty patch has caused problems for somebody. :crying: Not that anybody notices it until the end of final lovetalk though.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#248 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

No one knows it was even there :ph34r: (but we know where to send people now if their Rukraria cutscene fucks up :lol:)

#249 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:37 PM

Hi Lollorian.

Just letting you know, my pc is all set up :) I will be working on Jarl's mods and Rukrakia :P If I'm right, Rukrakia worldmap issue should be solved (as I was saying you) but I just have to add the code and test :P

And the thing will take time.... A lot of code to add

Edited by Nightfarer, 11 March 2016 - 07:13 PM.

#250 mirandir

mirandir
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:14 AM

Hi Lollorian,

I have added the fixes in the 1.25 version of Garrick: tales of a troubadour.

#251 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:10 AM

A possibly/hopefully 1st version of Rukrakia implementing worldmap patching is ready. Anyone volunteering to test/check?

Yeah, Lollorian, you too :P

#252 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:15 AM

I've made a fairly significant update to the new WeiDU script for this Fixpack.  It now reads tp2 patch files looking for old pre-patch and after-patch VERSION (assuming that properly made Fixpack patches will modify VERSION).

Thanks to this new feature, I discovered that the patches for aTweaks need to be reviewed, since we apparently haven't checked them since 4.50 came out in January!

WARNING: file "atweaks/setup-atweaks.tp2" contains 'VERSION ~v4.50~' instead of expected 'VERSION ~v4.50b1~'!  This is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/atweaks").  This might mean that the patches for this mod were made for a different version of the mod than the one that you are using, or this might mean that the mod was already patched and then removed from the list in the "BWP_Fixpack.installed" file without restoring the original pre-patched files.

Do you want to try to apply the patch anyway?  If the target file is different from the original file that was used to create the patch, then the patch might fail completely (making no changes) or it might fail partially (making some changes) or it might succeed with 'fuzz' (if all of the lines to change are still in the file, but some other lines were added in between).  If partial patching occurs, the mod might fail to install or manifest other problems later, so it might be safer to skip patching unless you know how to check the results.  If in doubt, please visit one of the modding forums and ask for help.

[Enter Y if you want to try patching anyway, anything else to skip patching this mod.]

If you use BWS, you might see messages like this (and it will pause and require input from you) at the beginning of your install, as BWS now uses this WeiDU script instead of the old Windows batch script.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#253 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:50 AM

I've made a fairly significant update to the new WeiDU script for this Fixpack.  It now reads tp2 patch files looking for old pre-patch and after-patch VERSION (assuming that properly made Fixpack patches will modify VERSION).
That's an excellent touch agb1! Now I am thankful not only for you updating Fixpack, but also for making it safer to use! :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#254 Victorp

Victorp
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

Salutations,

First I apologize if this isn't the place to post this. 

I'm having an issue trying to install a game of BGT; the error appears to be one with the BWP Fixpack. I have attached the „ApplyPatches.debug” file and a picture of The BigWorld setup screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached File  _ApplyPatches.debug   78.08K   149 downloads

Spoiler

Edited by Victorp, 01 January 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#255 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

It appears that the Infinity Animations patch includes some files with non-ASCII characters in their names, and for some reason this causes WeiDU's COPY command to fail. I am away from my computer so I cannot correct this at the moment.

Workaround:

Manually copy the contents of the infinityanimations/_copy subfolder from the BiG World Fixpack folder into the BG-game-directory/infinityanimations folder (so the files in BiG World Fixpack/infinityanimations/_copy/contents go into BG-game-dir/infinityanimations/contents -- for example).

After copying the files manually (overwriting any files already there), delete that BiG World Fixpack/infinityanimations/_copy subfolder (keep the BiG World Fixpack/infinityanimations folder though), then re-run the BiG World Fixpack.bat script.

When re-running the script, skip all mod patches before infinity animations (if prompted), since the earlier mods have already been patched but due to the error the Fixpack script did not record the fact that it already patched them. Don't skip infinity animations itself (if prompted).

After this you should be fine to continue the BWS install.

#256 Victorp

Victorp
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Thank you for a such a fast reply!

It worked. I just didn't had to re-run the script as I started it again from scratch. I just copied the files from Content and Restore (23 files overwritten) after the BiG Setup finished extracting everything, and then I deleted them from Fixpack.

Thank you!

#257 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:10 PM

I've updated the Fixpack script to use a fallback method if the built-in copy command fails like this again.

#258 AstroBryGuy

AstroBryGuy
  • Modder
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

@agb1 - I was using the BWF to patch SCS on OSX. I had a TON of "HUNK Failed" messages. I tracked it down to a problem with line endings.

patch on Linux/OSX expects lines to end only with line feed (LF). Of course, Windows uses carriage-return line-feed (CRLF). Patch tries to be smart and automatically converts the .patch files to LF, stripping out the CR. However, the files downloaded in the mod will still have CRLF (unless the mod author/packager specifically strips out the CR), so patch will fail.

I'm working on bash-script to use the command-line utility tr to convert any file to be patched from CRLF to LF. I've got the basic commands done, I just need to think about how to gracefully fail. 

Basically, the commands are:

tr -d '\r' < $(head -1 %patch-file% | grep -e '--- ' | awk '{print $2}') > tmpfile
cp tmpfile $(head -1 %patch-file% | grep -e '--- ' | awk '{print $2}')
rm tmpfile

This ran fine for SCS, but I know patch can be kind of lax about the format of the .diff file. Does BWF ever put patches to more than one file in a single .patch file? Does it always use "--- " in the first line to indicate the original file in the .diff file header? I did some spot checking, and that seemed to be the case. I want to make sure the assumptions I'm making are valid.

Edited by AstroBryGuy, 29 January 2017 - 10:29 AM.

#259 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:33 AM

BWF occasionally puts more than one patch in the same .patch file, yes.

The file(s)-to-be-patched are always preceded by --- 

#260 AstroBryGuy

AstroBryGuy
  • Modder
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:59 PM

Ok. I was afraid of that. I'll have to abandon using 'head' and think of another way to reject non-header lines that happen to contain '--- '.

I'll also have to restructure to loop over the grep results in case there is more than one file processed by the .patch.