• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#141 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

Done :cheers:

Also, removed the bg1npc patches because v22.1 got out :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#142 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:00 PM

Hello gents. Is this FixPack only for use with BWS? Or can a traditionalist and/or Mac user who installs mods one-by-one also get the benefit of it?

#143 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

It uses the "patch" tool, which is installed by default on OS X, so it is possible.  But right now the fixpack only has a Windows .bat script, so that needs to be rewritten as a shell script for OS X.

See for example:  http://tldp.org/LDP/...l/dosbatch.html

Edited by agb1, 02 December 2015 - 03:34 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#144 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hmm. Any particular reason it's not written in Weidu??

#145 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

Because using the patch tool will only modify the original file if the part of the file being modified hasn't changed from what it was when the patch was created, so using that method instead of weidu means that when the mod itself gets updated, the fixpack doesn't break it.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#146 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:37 PM

What he/she said :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#147 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Got it. Cool.

#148 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:36 AM

Les Exiles de Lunargent AKA Devin (The Exiles of Silverymoon) Fix:

#VNewArea.tp2:

FOR ( i = SHORT_AT 0xc8 ; i ; --i ) BEGIN
    LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ~fj_are_structure~
        INT_VAR
        fj_delete_mode = i - 1
        STR_VAR
        fj_structure_type = note
    END
END

To be added right below:

// Implantation du site de la confrérie

COPY ~Devin/New Area/#VAR20.are~ ~override~

and right before the ADD_MAP_NOTE patching. I also already wrote you a PM with a revised file for Textpack English (this fix is included).

The fix deletes the map notes present in #VAR20.are which mess up the map notes added.

#149 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:43 AM

Hi Lollorian.

I just wrote you a PM for Area Patcher ALPHA 7. I noticed some stupid mistakes in the ALPHA 6 code.

#150 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:15 AM

Shit fuck! Sorry :(

#151 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:21 AM

Don't worry :) At least ALPHA 7 should work as expected and those are "fixed".

It is a fault of mine, in any case. The fact is that at times it is hard to notice, manually writing code on phone. And as I'm still without pc I'm unable to test :)

#152 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:31 PM

1. running BiG World Fixpack.bat does not copy res_fixer and lolfixer to game directory

2. running BiG World Fixpack.bat pauses twice (start and end message) because BW Installpack and BW Smoothpack are not present

This should be handled by the BWS if it doesn't want to use the BWPInstallpack

3. vampiretales:

patching file `vampiretales\american\CMGMIRIJ.tra'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 47.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to vampiretales\american\CMGMIRIJ.tra.rej

patch attempts to add '<' to CHARNAME tag on line @49, but this is no longer necessary (the author fixed this)

4. alora:

patching file `SETUP-alora.tp2'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to SETUP-alora.tp2.rej

patch attempts to change version '1.3' to '1.5 BWP fix' but Alora is now version 1.5
the other patch for bcmalor.d is still working

Bigger issue - opened thread :)

#153 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

I'm not really sure if BWS should be using the BW Installpack for EE.  I see that BWS manually copies and runs some files from the Installpack for BGT games:

Spoiler

Edited by agb1, 26 December 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#154 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

After further analysis, I have added BiG World Installpack and Smoothpack to BWS' BG1EE and BG2EE installs.

Edited by agb1, 26 December 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#155 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 07:46 PM

New question.  BWS copies the contents of BiG World Fixpack\_IDS_ref\ to override for BGT installs.  Should it do the same for EE?

I see a conflict with BPSeries AI:  it looks for STATE_DISEASED_FIX (numbered 134) in Stats.IDS ... but the copy of Stats.IDS in _IDS_ref contains "134 EXTRAPROFICIENCY20"

Further down the rabbit hole, we find in bpseries\lib\bp.tph the following:

Spoiler

While we are on the subject, is any harm caused by duplicate entries in IDS files with different names?

Edited by agb1, 26 December 2015 - 08:08 PM.

#156 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:17 PM

While we are on the subject, is any harm caused by duplicate entries in IDS files with different names?

It depends totally on the context of the .ids, in this case the AI can automatically be programmed to fix the draining attack abilities, aka the above, as they all have the same cure, cleric lesser restoration spell, will fix it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#157 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:46 PM

Things like:

1 RANDOM_NAME

1 RANDOM_NAME2

are OK. But shit like:

1 RANDOM_NAME

2 RANDOM_NAME

will screw the game :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 27 December 2015 - 12:18 AM.

#158 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:24 PM

We have some IDS problems then.

#159 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:18 AM

Things like:

1 RANDOM_NAME

1 RANDOM_NAME2

are OK. But shit like:

1 RANDOM_NAME

2 RANDOM_NAME

Wait sorry I mixed things up... :doh:

#160 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 02:40 AM

Things like:

1 RANDOM_NAME

1 RANDOM_NAME2

are OK. But shit like:

1 RANDOM_NAME

2 RANDOM_NAME

Wait sorry I mixed things up... :doh:

Well, that again depends on the .ids 's link to the actual in game file. But mostly yeah.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.