SoBH: Part 2 started but I didn't started Part 1 yet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leandor

leandor
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hey there,

So, I don't know if this is a problem or not, I wont call this a bug... The truth is that I tend not to read spoilers too much before playing a mod, and so I don't know exactly what to expect, or when or where the mods will start. 

So, in this case, I didn't knew until now that I was supposed to talk to some guy in the Temple of Lathander at some point after Nashkel Nines to start Part 1. 

But I didn't, so I never played Part 1 at all, and now is a bit too late to do that, and since I was asked for help "again" (all the time I was like *I'm supposed to know who this guy is?*) I'm afraid that Part 1 will be blocked from now on... right?

I didn't even knew what mod was about when Fabio force-greeted me after leaving Candlekeep at the start of Chapter 8.

So, I guess my question is: What would happen if I continue playing Part 2? Or say that I say 'No' at the request for help, will I be able to start Part 1? And after that, will I be able to play Part 2 without problems?

Also, I would add a suggestion to make more visible the mod content to new players: perhaps use the built-in game rumors? I normally use the rumor button a lot when I stay at every Inn, but it never tells anything new/useful... is a shame that mods aren't using those more often.

Or perhaps, as last resort, when you reach Chapter 7 and you didn't started part 1, a messenger comes looking for you at Baldur's Gate so you have a chance to go to see the guy and start Part 1 before running to Candlekeep?

I don't know, just a few ramblings from my part... I'll wait for responses and decide what to do... at worst I could rollback to a save just before entering Candleekeep at the end of Chap. 7, and start Part 1 from there.

Best wishes to all,

Leandro

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

I think I've found the problem but can you confirm this for me please? :P This is a bug - Fabio shouldn't have spawned it you skipped part 1. Continuing with part 2 will cause problems because lots of stuff (that should have been set in part 1) would not be set.

Please do a CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL") and tell us what its value is. Fabio spawns when it's >3 and I have a hunch it's 9 in your game ;)

As for using rumors to spread info about quests - SOMEONE FRIGGIN MAKE THIS MOD NOW!!!! :woot:

Edited by Lollorian, 21 October 2013 - 08:16 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 leandor

leandor
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hey Lollorian, thanks for the reply man!
And sorry for taking so much time to get back... I completely forgot about checking back :blush:

I didn't proceed with the game yet, and now that you said that, I'll definitely rollback to a previous save just before entering candlekeep, and try to start part 1.

I think I've found the problem but can you confirm this for me please? :P This is a bug - Fabio shouldn't have spawned it you skipped part 1. Continuing with part 2 will cause problems because lots of stuff (that should have been set in part 1) would not be set.

Please do a CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL") and tell us what its value is. Fabio spawns when it's >3 and I have a hunch it's 9 in your game ;)

As for using rumors to spread info about quests - SOMEONE FRIGGIN MAKE THIS MOD NOW!!!! :woot:

This is the quicksave, in which I already accepted to help and I'm standing in Restenford just before talking to Pelltar.
Global: BHQUESTACCEPT GLOBAL set to 9

In the hard-save I made just after leaving the catacombs before talking to Fabio the variable has the same value: '9'.
And lastly, I have a save just before entering candlekeep and that one also says: '9'

About the rumors thing: It would be great... I wish I had the modding knowledge to do that... but sadly all the WeiDU stuff is just a bit alien to me for now :P

Thanks again!
If you need any information just say, I'll keep the saves just in case.

Cheers!
Leandro

Edited by leandor, 22 October 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Ok that confirms it then thanks :) 9 is the absolute final state of the Bonehill main quest - which is set if you visit the Temple of Lathandar after chapter 6 :lol: (Fun fact: setting it removes Pelltar from said temple)

Adding GlobalLT("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL",9) checks to the blocks that spawn Fabio/Pelltar in AR6526.BAF should prevent part 2 from starting if part 1 is skipped :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 leandor

leandor
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Just wanted to add that I was able to start part 1 (going back to a previous save) and also tweaking some of the trigger conditions (I was on chap. 7 and the conditions check for chap. 3 to 6), and just now I finished the whole playthrough without problems.

Now back to the main quest :)

Thanks for the help!

Cheers! :)
Leandro.

#6 Nathan82

Nathan82
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

moved

Edited by Nathan82, 10 March 2014 - 08:44 AM.