Monastery of Ice (RA5603.ARE )

Sometimes CTD!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

In the Region of terror mod, at the second level of the Monastery of Ice (RA5603.ARE ) there are at least two rooms at the points: x1958 y690 about and x987 y1761 about, but I don't know if there are more, where there are creatures named "Spirit of the Monk" (MONKSS3.CRE , MONKSS5.CRE , MONKSS9.CRE , MONKSS10.CRE , MONLSS11.CRE ) that sometimes throw spells that are not part of their inventory and the game crashes to windows with the black screen.

I get CTD not always but sometimes and I don't understand what it depends on (perhaps from their script?).

In the first level (RA5603.ARE ). It had never happened to me but I have not verified!

The only solution would seem enter in the places where there are these creatures not with all the party suddenly but slowly, in this way seems that the creatures cast spells of their inventory and everything goes well.

There are not messages of error neither in “Baldurr.err” nor in “Tobexe note”

If anyone interested I was be able to save the game just before CTD (if anyone of the party move forward CTD),

Thanks for any help!!!!!!

here is the save game:

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 13 November 2013 - 12:51 PM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Weidu.log's content in spoilers please ?

You do it with these:

[spoiler]-text-[/spoiler]

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Here is my weidu (thanks Imp :)) and the creatures, if it interest.....

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by ilot, 14 November 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

ilot dude I was thinking you could help narrow down which spell causes the crashing ;)

Could you CLUAConsole:CreateCreature() one of those CREs in your game and immediately Ctrl+Q it into your party? Then you'll be able to access its spell book so you can start casting spells one by one :P

If it's a spell causing the crash, that should help find out which :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

I tried all spells of creatures in their spell book and I used Ctrl+Q for have the creatures in my party and I casted all their spells and all works fine: then the spells NOT causing the crash!!!

But I noticed that when I get the Crash to Desktop the creatures not use the spells in their spellbook but others types that do not causing crash the desktop if I cast them separately, instead if the creatures cast the spells in their spellbook I no get CTD (if I confused you tell me :shifty: ).

It is a curious situation

To sum up:

In Area: RA5603

- The follow situations are random and I don't know why!!!

- first situation: the creatures cast the spells in their spellbook (no CTD)

- second situation: the creatures NOT cast the spells in their spellbook (CTD)

Thanks for your time!!!!!  :new_thumbs:

Edited by ilot, 16 November 2013 - 12:50 PM.