Photo

Crafting mods...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coineineagh

coineineagh
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

I was blown away by the total number of crafting items (250+) my current mods offer, and the sheer number of varous needed components was too massive to keep track of easily. I'm putting together a list of items needed for crafting, with a reference to each item it is needed for. It may have the potential to be a useful resource worth uploading in the future, though it's far from complete yet.

I was wondering if I might have missed any big crafting mods that should also be included. Currently I have Dark Horizons, Thalantyr, Ruad Ro'fhessa, Rolles, Weimer's Item Upgrade and Improved Anvil v.4.2. Although I'm only cataloging the BG2 crafts at the moment, it should be easy to incorporate Thalantyr and Dark Horizons' crafts later on. Are there any more large item crafting mods? Please mention any mods with crafting you know of.

I know Imp. Anvil is incompatible with a great deal of mods, but I include it anyway, because the resource is for my own use first and foremost. Once the resource is completed, it should be easy enough to disregard crafting from mods you don't use.

#2 Foggy

Foggy
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

In Vampire Tales 1.3, there's a merchant in Lathander Temple that offer upgrades and forge new items. http://www.baldursga....php?board=92.0

Improved Anvil Lite v5 is a modified version compatible with a megamod install, it contains all improved Anvil upgrades and the ingredients are moved to Adventurer's Mart and sold by Ribald. http://gamingnerdsru....php?topic=72.0

Maybe you can reference the occasional upgrade provided by NPC mods and quests that require the same items as large crafting mods, like Cromwell's upgrade for the Blade of the Roses in Amber mod or Daystar upgrade in Turambar's fixes and tweaks.

" Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes."

#3 coineineagh

coineineagh
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

Well, I can't guarantee my list will include all things in IA lite, because my version is old. There might be different crafting requirements for items, and for sure a few new upgrades I overlook.

I couldn't find a list of the upgrades from the Vampires Tales mod anywhere, unfortunately. That's a problem. I'll post a question on the forun you linked