Wide screen issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -stanton-

-stanton-

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I am brand new and attempting my fist install of the Big Wold Project megamodded. I never have done anything except games out of the box.  Here is my issue. I am using a widescreen laptop with Win7.  I have my UAC disabled and also installed all of the games into a seperate folder in my C drive. I have only about two third of my screen filled with the game.  i know there is a wide screen mod out there.  Should I start with that one.  Here is what I have installedand the order installed.

Complete BG1

TOTSC complete

patch 5512

BG2 Shadows of Amn + bonus disk

BG2 Thrones on Bhaal

patch 26498

I want to do this right the first time so I am asking.  Thanks

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:32 AM

Well dah, and make sure you run the BGConfig.exe before you install the mod and set the resolution to the 1024x768 resolution, in the non windowed mode, then install the widescreen mod to what ever resolution you wish to play with... so you might first wish to try it out a few times, as you can uninstall the mod if you install it manually... by running the setup-widescreen.exe in your game folder.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.