Photo

[MOD] Clara, the Mistshadow (BG2EE)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:32 AM

Romance will be possible for both male and female character. To romance Clara you'll need to first create the right... uh... atmosphere ?...

The romance will be quite different than usual romance and I'm unsure right now whether or not it will be classified as "romance" in the engine. 

Might be forbidden to children.  :ph34r:

#22 Randir

Randir
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

Haha, now that announcement makes me happy! Looking forward to find out what that rather cryptic announcement means!

And I wanted to say thanks again for making this mod!

#23 -Manzor-

-Manzor-

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Uh... is there any news about the project? I really want to try it, and I would feel more comfortable knowing how it progresses.

...Not to sound self-centered and impatient. I even would like to help, but although I have the Near Infinity software, I do not know more than to modify objects and dialogues. Even then, I understand english but can't write it very well... 

#24 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

"Romance" is finished. Friendship is 30% done. Everything else is finished except the main part, which is banters in the main story and massive interjections. (~15% done)

Clara interjects a lot of times and it sometimes does pretty big things. She has a big event in ToB that will also take some time to code as well.

I need to finish the game with her to test that everything works, which will also take time, especially since I don't have a lot recently. ;) I invested a few weeks of real work time in this, now I have to go back to my real work, which means I won't go as fast as before.

#25 -Daniel-

-Daniel-

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

Looks good, will be following this; got to say, 21 wisdom... her stats are better than some min/maxed or nearly min/maxed pc's. Maybe all that extra wisdom should come from a personalized item? And how far into the game will a player be before they get back her thief skills if they dual'd her to a cleric? It might be too problematic for most people to try, just a thought, but regardless looking forward to trying out the new npc.

#26 Randir

Randir
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

Love to see the progress on this and can't wait to play the mod! I'm sure its gonna be great!

#27 -Manuel Sacha-

-Manuel Sacha-

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yup. This was a wasted opportunity in BG2EE, frankly.

They should have gone the Mass Effect 2 way, with the Paragon option being to save the "paladin" Samara, and the Renegade option to save the "assassin" Morinth (SPOILERS, I guess?).

For the same reason, I think Clara should be a Good aligned character. Not only because a single class Good Thief is long overdue, but also because there is no indication that she has some extra talent, other than that. Sure, she is listed as Evil, but that's because she's "representing" Hexxat, at the moment.

She has NO personality, while under Hexxat's "spell".

After she is freed, her personality might be a little more intriguing than the boring zombie she is in the game.

As for the kit... no reason to make her anything else than a regular Thief. Same for the special abilities: if you can come up with something cool and fitting... sure. But nobody ever said that she has to be AS STRONG as Hexxat. Actually, plot-wise, it would make much more sense if she was weaker (she is saved and gets to be free only with YOUR help).

#28 Dommi

Dommi
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

This progression sounds like a good christmas gift. Good job and happy holidays everyone.

I'm not native English. My apologies for grammatical mistakes.

#29 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:17 AM

How else there would be mods if the official version "thinks of everything" ?

Yup. This was a wasted opportunity in BG2EE, frankly.

They should have gone the Mass Effect 2 way, with the Paragon option being to save the "paladin" Samara, and the Renegade option to save the "assassin" Morinth (SPOILERS, I guess?).

Avenger

#30 Vasculio

Vasculio
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

Both happy and sad... happy there will be a option to save Clara. But sad that she is STILL going to be slooow. Can't wait

Jaheira- You are amusing, in a "what the hell is wrong with you" kind of way.
Montaron- Ye live longer if ye don't annoy me. Mayhaps even a week or more.

#31 -Randir-

-Randir-

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Would be great to see some updates on this!

#32 -Epictitus-

-Epictitus-

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

You could have the necklace Clara is wearing removable with a remove curse spell.  Once free of its control over her mind, she tells you that there are many other thieves who are attempting the same mission of obtaining the cloak so Nexxat can walk amongst the living; and confides that if Nexxat is freed before your party reaches her that she will eventually hunt Clara and kill her, in order to prevent her secret from getting out.  Thus the mission becomes to go where Clara has been sent to go (the tomb), but now the group must kill Nexxat before she gets Clara.   At the point that Clara is free of the mind control, her voice could change, as she becomes herself (perhaps very witty and appreciate for the release), and loyal to the main character for saving her from a terrible fate.   The trip into the tomb can play out just as Nexxat has commanded, but at the last second as Nexxat compels Clara to approach Clara defies her, revealing that her mind is free and the fight ensues.  Once Nexxat is dead, Clara can continue as a party member, accessible where you found her at the Copper Coronet, the only thing that needs change is her responses to party interaction. 

#33 Ange Musicien

Ange Musicien
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

Sorry guys, I had important things to do and my professionnal life can be challenging. 

But I don't forget you. I'm working on it from time to time. I love this mod. I will finish it. è_é

#34 LiellaMod

LiellaMod
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

Good to hear - i look forward to seeing the option of -not- utilizing the vampire *grin*.

| The Liella NPC Mod - adding a extensively written, sensual Bardess to the party | 

Comments, Suggestions & Feedback are to be mailed to

LiellaMod (at) Gmail.com

#35 -Emmi-

-Emmi-

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

Can't wait for this mod!

#36 -Randir-

-Randir-

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sooo, is this still happening? Just wondering, since it sounded really really good so far.

#37 -vonVince-

-vonVince-

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

PLEASE tell me that this project's still alive: I absolutely love the idea of having Clara as a companion instead of Hexxat.

#38 -Gimplie-

-Gimplie-

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

Beyond ready to have my Cavalier rescue her. >< I need more fun, not evil party members for my only girls allowed party. (Aerie said something that prompted the party makeup, not something I set out to do...)

#39 -Emmi-

-Emmi-

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

A shame this looks kinda dead... I was looking forward to it quite a bit.

#40 -T1M5N-

-T1M5N-

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

Unfortunately still dead it seems ;-(