Photo

I broke the music :c

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zoya

Zoya
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

To make a long story short: I installed Full SotSC Music component from Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music some time after using Generalized Biffing (at least that's what I think is responsible) and now the music is all messed up. Battle themes play in inns and stuff. I tried reinstalling the component, changing the setting, reinstalling TobEx and uninstalling biffing, but the music is still wrong. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the whole game?

Okay, I did some more checking and it seems that the music is only messed up for one playthrough. I don't think it has something to do with looping battle music, as it only plays in certain locations as if it were background music. Weeeeird.

Edited by Zoya, 18 December 2013 - 02:10 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

I tried reinstalling the component, changing the setting, reinstalling TobEx and uninstalling biffing, but the music is still wrong. Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the whole game?
What you did there sounds quite bad... why not just uninstall the BGT-music ? You can do that by running the setup-bgtmusic.exe and selecting the U from it, you know that, don't you ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Zoya

Zoya
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Yeah, by reinstalling the component I meant BGT-music. It's either no music at all or misplaced battle themes. No matter what I do, that savefile has some weird stuff going on with the soundtrack.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, by reinstalling the component I meant BGT-music. It's either no music at all or misplaced battle themes. No matter what I do, that savefile has some weird stuff going on with the soundtrack.
Well to fix that, you just got to remember the rule number one, when installing mods, you need to start a new game right after the last one.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Zoya

Zoya
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:40 AM

Thanks anyway ;__;

#6 -Marty-

-Marty-

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Yep. I also find that, when changing the BGT Music settings, the music in my BGT save is totally scrambled in areas I've already visited (specifically, there's no music at all in them - not even for battle). When entering a new area, however, the music sounds just fine.

Since I updated my music settings from "Hybrid BG1/BG2/ToB Music" to "Full BG1/BG2/ToB Music" (the only reason why I originally used the former is because it was recommended by the GOG.com Baldur's Gate Modding Guide - which was clearly written before "Full BG1/BG2/TOB Music" was implemented into BGT), I plan on restarting the game this weekend. I'd first like to ask a few questions:

1. Just to be sure: All the BG1/BG2/ToB music will now be included, right? There are no omissions like in the Hybrid (where the Night Falls On Baldur's Gate music would play at night for all the game's towns, the circus music at the fair was replaced with the forest music, etc.)? 

2. I don't need to reinstall the BG2 Tweak Pack (or anything, really), do I?

3. Since BGT copied all the BG1 music to my BGT directory, I don't need to still have my old BG1 install, do I? 

4. I won't lose any of the new Character Themes I got from the Unfinished Business mod, will I?

5. Do I need to uninstall all the BG music first (ie. type "U" in the BGT Music installer), or can I just run the full install over the hybrid install?

Sorry if some of these questions seem a little obvious. Any help would be appreciated!

#7 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

3. Since BGT copied all the BG1 music to my BGT directory, I don't need to still have my old BG1 install, do I?

By this logic you don't actually have to install the BGMusic mod at all, as your songlist is as total as it can be, if you install the BGMusic, it will only reduce the amount of music, which is exactly what you don't wish to do. aka you loose the point 4's songs.

#8 -Marty-

-Marty-

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hmmmm, since I now have "Full BG1 and 2" music installed, what should I do then I wonder? Should I just go into the BGT Music installer and uninstall everything?

#9 -Marty-

-Marty-

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

By the way, it's probably worth mentioning, that I did hear the new character themes when running the game with Hybrid BG1/BG2 Music. So I wouldn't think that I'd lose it after I switched to Full BG1/BG2 Music.

It seems like a question of how buggy BGT still is.