BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

After many delays BWPv14 finally is ready to release. I tried again to improve the install order of the tweaks and took into account all the terms given by the mods. Not all is implemented or tested yet, however, I don't want a further delay.

The new Stratagems is extremly delicate (fortunately!) and chucks at every incorrect file. For this reason I found several errors and typos now in other mods that had been undetected until yet. I hope I have fixed them all correctly.

Now I have included the kit mods from Lollorians Kit-List (and a few more). I have also rearranged the install order of Refinements and the kits. Only a few of them should be installed after Refinements according to their readmes. However, I'm not sure about that. Other than one of the readmes states I got not any crash when installing the kits before. That still has to be investigated by some experienced players. For more details see the PDF.

Although the BWP covers more than 500 mods, that does not mean you should install them all, but whatever you choose among them should be installed correctly, at least with the .bat file.

Now the install.bat file supports a manual install. That means, if you select this option the install.bat pauses at every mod with several components and offers the components in question.

Note: The Install.bat not only installs mod after mod, but also restores continuously missing entries in several IDS files. Without this feature installation of many components will fail (you will get the parse error). As a result of this you may not use WeiDU's re-install function. Because the corrections made by the install.bat are not reported by WeiDU you will not get the same result as before when you re-install.

As a workaround the install.bat changes every existing instances of the wrongly 0x0000 BARBARIAN and 0x0000 WILDMAGE which are added by dozens of mods to the correct 0x40000000 BARBARIAN and 0x80000000 WILDMAGE

The install.bat now stops at every warning and parse error - however, with Lollorian's help, there is none! (exept one with w_psionics_unleashed)
Regarding w_psionics_unleashed: With this kit the avatar stutters and shows wrong animations.

If you have any suggestions how and why I should do any changes, please post them here.

#2 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

Leonardo, what about 1PP High Quality Music mod - is it compatible with BWP or not? Erephine has given some installation instructions at http://www.shsforums...-pst/?p=545144. Wondering if you've tried installing it with BWP.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

Leonardo, you have our thanks... yet again.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

:coolthumb:

Can someone help me find the following mods please? :P

InfinityKits

Prêtre de Bhaal

Rôdeur de l'ombre

Runiczny Pieœniarz Klingi

Switch

PS: I can't download any of the mods from the french site for some reason :unsure: For example. (if this is an issue at my end, I'd be grateful if someone could temporarily upload these mods somewhere and send me a link via PM)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hey all happy new year!....glad to see a new version of the BWS...thank you!...............Can somone please explain to a extream laymen what the difference between the BWP and the BWS is ? Or is there other then the name ? I always wondered =p

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

InfinityKits

Prêtre de Bhaal

Rôdeur de l'ombre

Runiczny Pieœniarz Klingi

Switch

PS: I can't download any of the mods from the french site for some reason :unsure: For example. (if this is an issue at my end, I'd be grateful if someone could temporarily upload these mods somewhere and send me a link via PM)

Ok here's the mods you asked.

Attached File  InifKit.rar   681.96K   571 downloads

Attached File  Kit-Pretre_de_Bhaal-v1.1.zip   317.52K   425 downloads

Attached File  Kit-Rodeur_de_l'ombre-v1.0.zip   312.95K   487 downloads

Attached File  RogueSwitch_280610.zip   1.11MB   464 downloads

Attached File  Runiczny_v2.0.zip   241.21K   505 downloads

Here's Runiczny Pieœniarz Kling also even though Alien provided also.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

And I've got all of dem mods 8)

@majikwheel:

The BiG World Project (BWP) is a set of instructions (and tools) that help you make a 500+ mod BGII installation... The BWP Installpack is one of those tools that automate the installation of those 500+ mods. It has boring (and scary) black screens with extremely fast scrolling text in them :D

The BiG World Setup (BWS) is a tool that replaces the BWP Installpack and uses the other BWP tools with a nice GUI interface with buttons and stuff (to click and play with :ermm:) You should try it out sometime ^_^

I use the installpack because I'm hipster and shit :lol:

@ALIEN:

Thanks for the link :cheers:

Now that the textpacks are updated, the BWPFixpack master link is safe to be used (please wait for a single commit that will happen tomorrow that syncs the current master branch with the v14 BWPFixpack - I missed quite a few recent updates - BGGraphics for example) :P

@micbaldur:

Thanks for the effort man - I got all of them via PM though :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 04 January 2014 - 12:27 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Leonardo for this update. :cheers:

Thanks also to Lollorian for maintaining BWP Fixpack. :cheers:

Even though i can't use it for long time. :P

Nice addition to BWP with mods like Jamella's Diablo2 Item Store for BG2TOB v1.3, Crusader Pack v4.3 and Holy Avengers v1.02 (use those or used before). Also great to see comeback of Exnem mod. :lol:

I noticed thar you have reversed install order of TS and NEJ again. Has something changed like update to either mod or some kind of fix to mod or mods.

I wondered about this in PDF-file.

TS v7.04is designed to be installed after NEJ!

One question about The MTS Crappack v4 why is it deprecated?

It has one important component "Install Charlotte sans Menagerie by Sir Billy Bob (BP/SoS)". Without it Charlotte extremely annoying because you can't control her. Is there fix or component somewhere else?

Also i'm wondering which is right ArcaneArcher mod (i have 2).

"Arcane Archer mod for Baldur's Gate II by Doug Piranha" and "Arcane Archer mod by  aWoundedLion"?

#9 majikwheel

majikwheel
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ahh ok thanks for that !=p

#10 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

@ Lollorian: No problem, glad that you get those mods.

I'm too missing some mods:

Nameless Melody Inn 2
Rukrakia NPC 0.8
Tomoyo and the Underground City 0.9
Umbra of TROW - Arena 1.0
Houyi 1.0
YLItems Pack 1.0

But luckily i don't need those mods anytime soon. :P

#11 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Do you tend to speak Chinese? You are not missing much if you don't. ;)
White Agnus posted some links for the new additions if you need them click.

Edited by dabus, 04 January 2014 - 04:00 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#12 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

Do you tend to speak Chinese? You are not missing much if you don't. ;)
White Agnus posted some links for the new additions if you need them click.

Well actually no, i don't speak chinese but if Nightfarer translate those mods is english then i don't need to. :P

Thanks for the links but i already all those mods. Now i also know which Arcane Archer kit is right one. Thanks for that. :lol:

#13 -Andi-

-Andi-

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

Hey, I used the BiG World Setup program and the .pdf guide to pick and install mods with v13... Will there be versions for v14 and/or should I wait for them to be updated? Installing via a .bat seems too difficult to me.

P.S.

On a related note, I had a weird bug with the ToB start area missing its' background graphics in v13... I hope it'll be fixed in the new version. Other than that, everything was fine from the start, or easily fixable.

#14 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Prêtre de Bhaal

Rôdeur de l'ombre

The list of links you used should be updated... A few years ago, all the mods have been gathered in a new topic : http://www.baldursga...telechargement/

Here are the good links for those you were looking for :

- Prêtre de Bhaal : http://www.baldursga...aal-v1-1-a.html

- Rôdeur de l'ombre : http://www.baldursga...bre-v1-0-a.html

Edited by Gwendolyne, 05 January 2014 - 12:37 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#15 -Guest123-

-Guest123-

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

I have problem to find "Revisions 3 Beta 1.14". Could you give some link?

#16 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Prêtre de Bhaal

Rôdeur de l'ombre

The list of links you used should be updated... A few years ago, all the mods have been gathered in a new topic : http://www.baldursga...telechargement/

Here are the good links for those you were looking for :

- Prêtre de Bhaal : http://www.baldursga...aal-v1-1-a.html

- Rôdeur de l'ombre : http://www.baldursga...bre-v1-0-a.html

Sorry for auto quoting myself, but the download links have been updated : now you can download those files directly from the topic you used the first time.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#17 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

thank Leonardo for your great work!

when i install BWP14,at the beginning,after i choose BG2only ot BGT,when i input o and press enter,the window of BiG World Install disappear and cannot go on install

the content in BiG World Debug.txt is only as follows:

".\BiG World Installpack\English\strings.txt

已复制         1 个文件。

"

i don't know what cause this prlblem and how to resolve it

who can help me,thanks

#18 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'd disable @echo off at various places and see what happens.
What's the text in the last line?

#19 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

What's the text in the last line?

i am a chinese player

it means one file have been copyed

thanks

Edited by new(Mike), 10 January 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#20 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Replace the first line in BiG World Installpack\config,bat:
@echo off
:: replace off with on
@echo on

With @echo on, there'll be additional output that tells you what's going on.
Maybe your system does not find/contain the tools that it needs or they don't work on your system.