Photo

BWPv14

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#181 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

Ok so if I use Finch v3 and grab the old fixpack fix it should work?

#182 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

i have downloaded BiG World english-14.3 BiG World english-14.3,but i can't find what changes in 14.3 from history

who can tell me what changes in 14.3,which mod is updated,

thanks

#183 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

From the German one:

v14.3 changed install order
minor corrections/updates
- updated mods: Almateria's Restoration Project 7.2.1, Saerileth v18, Tsujatha Melalor v15, Yasraena v15, The
Vault for BGT v7.2a, TeamBG's Armor Pack v1.05, TeamBG's Weapon Pack v1.05, Every Mod and Dog v7, Assas-
sinations v10, Tales of the Deep Gardens v10.0, Innershade v7.0, Eilistaree's Song v3.4, LavaIt! v2.2, The Big
Picture v181 4611, Ding0's Tweak Pack v21, BP Series Party AI for BG v0.3121, aTweaks v4.32, Item Randomiser
v6.8, I Shall Never Forget v4.1, Restored BG1 Sounds v3.42, Chantelame v4, Unfinished Business for BGII v24,
White v1.4, Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour 1.20, Freedom's Reign/Reign of Virtue v8, Derat's Unused Kits
Pack v0.9.8, The Undying v2.51, BG2 Tweak Pack v16, Garrick's Infatuation BETA b20140925, Kivan and
Deheriana Companions for BG2 v14, Song and Silence: A Mod for Bards and Thieves v6, Widescreen Mod
v3.06, NPC Kitpack v4, BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters v9,Quest Pack v3b5, S, Rogue Switch v1.3, Gar-
rick - Tales of a Troubadour 1.22, haer'Dalis Romance v2.1, BG1NPC v21 pre release 20141017a, Ajantis
BG1 Expansion v10, Finch v4.0 BETA, Indira v12.0 BETA 2, Unfinished Business v25, Sarah ToB v4, Kivan
and Deheriana Companions for BG2 v15, Divine Remix v8 beta
- additional mods: Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters v1.2, Vynd v1, TeamBG BG2EE Armor Pack v1.01,
TeamBG BG2EE Weapon Pack v1.01, New travel system between Baldur's Gate City areas v1.0d, Poly-
tweak v2, hidden Adventures ALPhA 8, Wedges BGT Adventure Pack ALPhA 0.2
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#184 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:55 AM

thank you very much

dabus

#185 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:08 PM

The bug with the install-option 3 is fixed now.

Why are you ingoring me

#186 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

Why are you ingoring me
What do you want me to do?

#187 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

Why are you ingoring me
What do you want me to do?

http://www.shsforums...wpv14/?p=572881

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#188 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 07:37 AM

With release of BWPv14.3 this is already obsolete. In conjunction with the former overwriting component from "TheUndying" one component was interfering but this is rectified now.

#189 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

i cannot download Polytweak from http://www.mediafire...ytweak_v2.0.rar

who can tell me another doanload link of Polytweak

i have found it

Edited by new(Mike), 20 January 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#190 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

Yo, Leonardo

the mod language array mistakenly does not state that ARP's got Italian translation. It got added in v7.

#191 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:23 AM

Hi Leonardo,

There's compatibility problems with how Weimer's Solaufein mod overwrites multiplayer dialogue files with other mods that write multiplayer dialogues. Instead of appending it destroys all previous changes. this causes issues with mods like the latest version of Almateria's Restoration Project as discussed in that forum starting on post 263.

#192 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

Hi Leonardo,

There's compatibility problems with how Weimer's Solaufein mod overwrites multiplayer dialogue files with other mods that write multiplayer dialogues. Instead of appending it destroys all previous changes. this causes issues with mods like the latest version of Almateria's Restoration Project as discussed in that forum starting on post 263.

This might be the reason why the  Almateria's Restoration Project mod was installed previously before the Fixpack... ahh, well, those things &%#" for everyone.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#193 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Isn't it better to correct via the Big World Fixpack (changes to Solaufein tp2, append instead of overwrite) and avoid future problems?

Could post a corrected version if I knew how to code a tp2 (edit: BWF already contains a patch for Solaufein tp2 file, so someone would need to update on that one.)

(Also hi all! to everyone who remembers me =], been a long time.. BG games have this thing of bringing people back xD)

Edited by Himself, 30 January 2015 - 11:58 AM.

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#194 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

Isn't it better to correct Solaufein tp2 ..

Well yes, but see the long standing fixpacker(Lollorian) is still missed and away. And no body has stepped into his boots. Or so I believe.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#195 Himself

Himself

CEO of the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE

• 230 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

Wich may be in a permanent fashion.. been there myself ^^

These days we have to make do with whoever is around I guess ( :shifty: looks at Alma, 858 and YOU! who is reading right now  8)) ... its not like the person would have to write a whole new tp2, just dig the instances and change.

Edited by Himself, 30 January 2015 - 11:53 AM.

...to be isn't important, we're no longer than we're :)

#196 manwe858

manwe858
  • 139 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

I don't think Almateria's kick-out dialogs were written to take in consideration other kick out dialogs so even if it were written to be appended to the multig.dlg file it would either never be properly initiated or Almateria's dialogs would never be initiated. Also Amber writes to the MULTIG.DLG too :huh: which actually makes it so Almateria's dialogs never initiate either. So... really it would be better if the sola's kickout dialog was a separate component instead of being installed with the main component.

#197 Torpille

Torpille
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to get BWP Installpack to work.  I'm on W7, runnign with admin privileges, and I get the error:

Cannot open BWP-Settings.txt.

Hello,

I am having the same problem as Vanderveclen: I try running BiG World Install.bat as an administrator (on Windows 8.1 though), but get the error saying that BWP-Settings.txt is missing. If I launch the installer without executing as an administrator, everything works fine until the installation itself that fails (it just stops doing anything after a while).

I tried finding BWP-Settings.txt using Windows Search and the file is indeed missing.

Is there an easy way to fix this ? I am completely new to using mods and BWS seems more complicated.

Thanks !

(Sorry if this question was answer somewhere else, I did a search of the forum but could not find it anywhere)

#198 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:28 AM

on Windows 8.1 though
Where did you install the game to ?
Because if it's is in the C drive and not in the c:/user/<username>/ sub-folders, then nothing you do to the files actually matter at all, because the Windows 8.1 doesn't allow even the admins to change files anywhere else.

#199 Torpille

Torpille
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

My hard drive is divided into the C: and D: drives. I installed the game in the D: drive. Does it make a difference or should I reinstall the game in c:/user/<username>/ as you said ?

#200 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

My hard drive is divided into the C: and D: drives. I installed the game in the D: drive. Does it make a difference or should I reinstall the game in c:/user/<username>/ as you said ?
My guess is that it depends a bit about the OS subtype... but if I were you, I would go and install the game to the c:/user/<username>/ sub-folders anyways.

Edited by The Imp, 01 February 2015 - 09:55 AM.