BGT/BWP - Can't Load Beregost at Night, Get CTD

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Xaneth123

Xaneth123
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Hello Yovaneth,

First off, just wanted to say your mod is awesome! Can't believe all the work you did for the various tilesets in BG1, great stuff!

Unfortunately, I am having a problem with Beregost atm.  Everytime I try to load into Beregost at night, my game CTDs.  This includes loading into Beregost when night time will be present and just waiting for night to come within the area. 

I recently made a post in the Megamod Help forums and someone suggested your mod could be the culprit so I thought I would give you a shout :P.

I installed your mod using the BWS under Recommended settings (Added a couple of standard mods and tactical addons from SCS, don't think that should cause any conflicts, I hope lol).

I have tried deleting everything from my cache/temp/tempsave folders.

This was from my Baldur.err File:

---------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
File: CTiledObject.cpp
Line: 244

Exp: FALSE

Msg: Tiled object resref not found
Run Debugger?

Here is my WeiDU.log incase this information is needed.

Spoiler

Any help you can provide with this would be great.  Thanks!

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Gavin is your problem. Gavin's installer patches a house in Beregost but it doesn't know about BGGO, so whenever you go to Beregost at night the house has no door but the savegame says it should have. Goodbye cruel world... Another way of crashing it is to go to Gavin's house during the day, sleep and then try to exit the house at night. Same result - same reason.

I added a tph patch to the BGGO installer to check for Gavin but to my embarrassment it's incomplete and doesn't add the entire night door. That should be fixed for the next version.

The workround is to only arrive in and depart from Beregost during the day and to only exit Gavin's house during the day.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 03 February 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

The workround is to only arrive in and depart from Beregost during the day and to only exit Gavin's house during the day.

-Y-

I am sure you have the night day time schedule... so at which hours one can be at Beregost ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Use the game timer in the bottom left of the GUI.

-Y-

#5 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Use the game timer in the bottom left of the GUI.

-Y-

<_< Is it from 6 AM to 6 PM or ? :P

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Xaneth123

Xaneth123
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thank you for the quick reply Yovaneth!

I reinstalled without the Gavin mod for now and Beregost works perfectly. 

#7 -moonilein-

-moonilein-

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Is there any possibility to save that via Near Infinity?

#8 -moonilein-

-moonilein-

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Ah sorry. I meant to fix the door via Near Infinity Engine?

#9 -moonilein-

-moonilein-

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Ah sorry. I meant to fix the door via Near Infinity Engine?

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

The real problem here is the install order - BGGraphics is installed before Gavin so BGGraphics' patch won't work (because Gavin isn't there when it's installed)

I've modified the Gavin TP2 to patch BGGraphics' new WEDs if found :cheers: (it's at the bottom of the page :lol:)

Here's the hotfix provided by prozh (I think :unsure:) to fix the crash if you have both already installed. Run it in your BGII folder :)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#11 -moonilein-

-moonilein-

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

Nice work! Hotfix is working absolutley fine! Thank you very much!

#12 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

The real problem here is the install order - BGGraphics is installed before Gavin so BGGraphics' patch won't work (because Gavin isn't there when it's installed)

I've modified the Gavin TP2 to patch BGGraphics' new WEDs if found :cheers: (it's at the bottom of the page :lol:)

Here's the hotfix provided by prozh (I think :unsure:) to fix the crash if you have both already installed. Run it in your BGII folder :)

Thanks Lollorian.That means in future Gavin and BGGO can be installed in any order with no problems. Is it worth trying to get hold of Berelinde to add your updated .tp2 file to Gavin's installer?

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Is it worth trying to get hold of Berelinde to add your updated .tp2 file to Gavin's installer?

Well, she is around in G3 ... just 2 hours ago in fact, so ... I would give it a try.

#14 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

PM sent to Berelinde.

#15 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

Compatibility fix will be integrated in Gavin v10.

#16 Bloodtitan

Bloodtitan
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:45 AM

Same error, similar issue exists for BGGO and Lure of the Sirines Call. The Lighthouse map has an additional door by LotSC and when the game changes from daytime to nighttime (22:00), it crashes with the exact error message posted here for Beregost.

I circumvented this by going to the lighthouse at 21:00 and rested for 8h. You then have to CTRL+T another TWO hours to get daylight back at 7.

EDIT for Jastey: I saw this error described at baldurs-gate.de https://www.baldurs-...nsthread.44510/ but the connection to the solution for Beregost was overseen.

Edited by Bloodtitan, 21 May 2020 - 11:53 PM.

#17 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:26 AM

Wow, thank you for connceting this, Bloodtitan! I read it at Kerzenburgforum, but forgot about the connection to BGGO again.

#18 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:29 AM

Erm, in case someone could provide such a hotfix for the door added by Lure of Sirine's Call, that would be awesome!

#19 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:12 PM

I stopped playing this mod for years because there were so many CTD... It seems you both have identified the culprit. Speaking about inserting doors, I may help. Jastey, can you tell me exactly what needs to be done?

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#20 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:57 PM

No :crying:. I guess I'd need something like Lollorian did for Gavin in this post to that the doors added by Lure of Sirine's Call will be re-added in case Graphics Overhaul was installed later but I just figured that this would be a fix that needs to go into BGGO? :crazy: