[BWP/BWS] Canderous keeps gaining the same new spells, over and over..

Big World Project Big World Setup Glitch Bug

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 -SomethingAwesome-

-SomethingAwesome-

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:21 AM

After start/crashing several times, I finally got the game to crash with an error message.

"An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 1246
Programmer says: ChDimm.cpp CDimm::Demand(): CRes pointer
invalid (Check Baldur.log for missing resource)"

So it sounds like a null pointer dereference. Earlier, I had tried to spawn Tazok outside of camp. the creature "tazok" spawned fine, but that's the ToB Tazok, since there's a dialogue sequence that references me having killed Tazok at Baldur's Gate, and also to Firkraag. The creature "tazok2" didn't spawn anything at all.

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

I just realized (on doing a reinstall) that, despite Lost Crossroads Spell Pack for BG2 (Beta) and Spell Revisions saying that they're fundamentally opposed (sorry, "conceptually different") fixes, there isn't a conflict between the two of them under BWS (20140215), and in fact, the BWP Standard selection has them both included for installation. Is this intentional?

#23 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

I just realized (on doing a reinstall) that, despite Lost Crossroads Spell Pack for BG2 (Beta) and Spell Revisions saying that they're fundamentally opposed (sorry, "conceptually different") fixes, there isn't a conflict between the two of them under BWS (20140215), and in fact, the BWP Standard selection has them both included for installation. Is this intentional?

They can be installed in the order, so it's intentional, but is the result good, no. Just like installing the Spell Revision mod on top of the BiG mods(TDD, SoS etc), the result is that you actually get just the Spell Revisions revised spells, the spell pack does quite much the same to the Spell Revision. Some of the TDD's spells are overpowered, to a point, but they have their balance to what comes to their usage, and the Spell Revision just whips the new spells away, to "make room" while there's plenty still left after even. So the consequence is not a perfect game, but more of a compromise. 

And nearly everyone really should be always using the BWS's BWS setting, as the .bat is for those that actually modify the bat and then use it to install the things. ...

Edited by The Imp, 24 March 2014 - 10:10 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#24 -SomethingAwesome-

-SomethingAwesome-

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

I'm not actually using the .bat, I'm using the Standard selection in BWS. Are you saying I shouldn't do that at all, but go with the happiness/happiness plus/etc. selections instead?

#25 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'm not actually using the .bat, I'm using the Standard selection in BWS. Are you saying I shouldn't do that at all, but go with the happiness/happiness plus/etc. selections instead?

Use the customization button "..." right next to that selection. It allows you to fully customize the mods and components you wish to install.

Edited by The Imp, 24 March 2014 - 09:37 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#26 -SomethingAwesome-

-SomethingAwesome-

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Yeah, that's what I mean. I'm using that, starting out with the Standard selection and then modifying it from there.

#27 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

They can be installed in the order, so it's intentional, but is the result good, no. Just like installing the Spell Revision mod on top of the BiG mods(TDD, SoS etc), the result is that you actually get just the Spell Revisions revised spells, the spell pack does quite much the same to the Spell Revision. Some of the TDD's spells are overpowered, to a point, but they have their balance to what comes to their usage, and the Spell Revision just whips the new spells away, to "make room" while there's plenty still left after even. So the consequence is not a perfect game, but more of a compromise. 

And nearly everyone really should be always using the BWS's BWS setting, as the .bat is for those that actually modify the bat and then use it to install the things. ...

Spell Revisions doesn't consciously try to handle compatibility with either Spell Pack or the megamods at this time (SR v3.1).

I believe Spell Pack Beta 6 is completely technically compatible with SR when it is installed after SR.  Spell Pack adds some new spells and it revises some old ones.  It has separate components for each spell, so if you prefer the SP version of a particular spell, you can install that component to replace the SR version.  I can't comment on how well SR and SP match up conceptually.

When SR starts using ADD_SPELL, it should become technically compatible with the spells added by megamods.  It's generally agreed that a number of megamod spells stray far from the balance desired by SR, so SR will probably remain conceptually incompatible with them unless those spells get rebalanced.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Big World Project, Big World Setup, Glitch, Bug