Photo

Fix the mouse lag

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

hey, I've got a weird issue with baldur's gate II.
Mouse seems to be working properly, but sometimes it will slow down and after a bit it will go back to the normal speed.

I've got a nvidia geforce 640 gt
and a quad core amd cpu
with 8 gb of ram

Does anyone have a solution?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2 Vlar

Vlar
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:48 AM

It happens to me sometimes in maps with a lot of creatures that have 'enhanced' scripts running on them (SCS), it improves after I reduce the map 'population', but maybe it's a different issue, my PC is over 5y old.

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

Well, the problem is that it seems that this problem is even present on the main menu. I was just toying with the cursor a bit and I noticed this issue.

Edited by Sergio, 14 May 2014 - 05:19 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5151 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

The in game lag and mouse lag in the menues and so forth is probably a different thing. Hmm, it could be that some sort of software is enabling and un-enabling the mouse acceleration.

Of course it could also be that the mouse is not really suited for the game, or it's environment, or the connectors being fiddly and in need of cleaning. And if it's cordless mouse, there could be something interfering the signal. So I would never play with a cordless... :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:40 AM

The in game lag and mouse lag in the menues and so forth is probably a different thing. Hmm, it could be that some sort of software is enabling and un-enabling the mouse acceleration.

Of course it could also be that the mouse is not really suited for the game, or it's environment, or the connectors being fiddly and in need of cleaning. And if it's cordless mouse, there could be something interfering the signal. So I would never play with a cordless... :devil:

I've already followed all the suggestions listed there.

I'll have to re-do them all , by the way, because I'm planning to install Baldur's gate II in English instead of playing it in Italian.

By the way,

1- Does the point 4 refer to the screen where you get the three colum that have a button that you can move high or low according to your taste?
2- What does the point 6 refers to?

By the way, I don't use a cordless mouse. I'm actually thinking that it could be an issue relative to 3d accelleration. I'll have to check.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5151 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

1- Does the point 4 refer to the screen where you get the three colum that have a button that you can move high or low according to your taste?

1. Erhm, well it's supposed to refer the "Gameplay" -> "Speed Adjustment" one, and not the "Basic" -> "Hardware", but I wrote the guide way too long ago to get this fixed now. But anyways the effects of adjusting the game to the top ones are not that great as it only adds in the foot steps and ambient sound that the point 2 removes, and more path points to the AI usage, which can be manually adjusted later on. 

2. Well, it ... refers to the fact that everything affecting the characters affects the game speed. As it brings about more calculating for the processor.

Of course you can't actually actively avoid mods that do this specifically without knowing the content of them, but expecting the game to roll x100 times better just cause you have x100 times the original processor speed is a likely failure.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

1. Erhm, well it's supposed to refer the "Gameplay" -> "Speed Adjustment" one, and not the "Basic" -> "Hardware", but I wrote the guide way too long ago to get this fixed now. But anyways the effects of adjusting the game to the top ones are not that great as it only adds in the foot steps and ambient sound that the point 2 removes, and more path points to the AI usage, which can be manually adjusted later on. 

2. Well, it ... refers to the fact that everything affecting the characters affects the game speed. As it brings about more calculating for the processor.

Of course you can't actually actively avoid mods that do this specifically without knowing the content of them, but expecting the game to roll x100 times better just cause you have x100 times the original processor speed is a likely failure.

1- By the way, there is an option inside gameplay > speed adjustment that has to be ticked, called "automatically adjust the speed". Should I untick it?
2- Ok, thank you :D

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5151 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

1- Does the point 4 refer to the screen where you get the three colum that have a button that you can move high or low according to your taste?1- By the way, there is an option inside gameplay > speed adjustment that has to be ticked, called "automatically adjust the speed". Should I untick it?

Only if you really want the game to have the chance to lag like every other second. :devil:

#9 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:08 AM

Ok, thank you.