Photo

Konva's In game issues

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hello, I have decided to create a topics where I post issues that I find in game, with which I need help to resolve. Hope you will help me :)

First, I have completed NEJ, returned into Irenicus's Dungeons. I went into air plane, where genie asks me for lamp. I have found there is an enterance into earth plane. There was an earth elemental who gave me quest to clear mountains from bandits. I went there, and I find air elementals who just wanna to get back into their own plane. So I explore whole map. Found Maharajah, he dissappears after each option tried. Air elementals gaves me exp and some item "magical book". I found also dust mephit, who wanna from me to kill earth mephits. Done, he went to air elemental. After few sec, he dies. Im stuck, how could I proceed with this quest?

WeiDu log here:

Spoiler

Edited by konva, 23 May 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#2 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:04 PM

Good decision to start your own BWP game topic. :cheers:

Much easier to keep track of problems and get help when info is in one place (and not all over the site) and i'm ready to assist in any way i can (probably not much as Lollorian, Imp and others though :lol: ).

You could post your weidu.log (in spoilers and in first post) it helps in many problems including problem below.

As for your problem and entrance to earth plane (??????.ARE) in Plane of Air (AR0601.ARE) maybe????. I don't have any entrances (only to Irenicus' Dungeon (AR0602.ARE) obviously) there. Could you post area code (press x there).

I'm also interested this mod (maybe i don't have it :o ).

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#3 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

Ahh okay, Area where currently am I is XR1201(that earth elemental plane). Air plane, AR0601 x=373 y1344, there is that enterance.

WeiDu.log also uploaded

Attached Files

#4 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

I'm totally lost with these areas which i also have:

XR0601.ARE same as AR0601.ARE but with Air Elementals and entrances to XR0602.ARE and XR1200.ARE.

XR0602.ARE same as AR0602.ARE but with entrances to XR0601.ARE and 2 to XR0603.ARE.

XR0603.ARE same as AR0603.ARE but with entrance to XR0602.ARE.

XR1200.ARE same as AR1200.ARE but with ectrances to XR0601.ARE and AR1204.ARE

XR2400.ARE empty area

XR2600.ARE empty area

I don't have area XE1201.ARE though.

Areas are in vanilla (original) BG2 too, so probably they not mod added areas. Maybe they are some kind test areas. :blink:

How did you get area XR0601? I can't get there from AR0602. :blink:

Did you finishing dryad's acorns and killing Ilyich? Did you released djinn Malaaq and get Sword of Chaos +2?

Funny though you can probably go to Cottage at Windpear Hills, without getting Waukeen's Promenade cutsecene with Irenicus and losing Imoen. Probably breaks the game though.

Put weidu.log to first post like this:

[spoiler]copy paste your weidu.log here[/spoiler]

Easier that way. :P

Update:

Here's 2 area lists here and here where areas are mention.

Edited by micbaldur, 23 May 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#5 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Ok, edited first post :)

In that air plane, AR0601, in these coords i have map end like in usual maps :) I am still in irenicus dungeons. I still havent got that sword, and I tried to kill Ilych, but he transmutes himself into rat and escapes :D

I really dont know what mod is this :D

// another problem, I was experimenting with new chars. I have CLUA XP points, and with my druid, clerics and mages.... when they get "lvl 8 school" or mage's "lvl 10 schools". I have added them to my spellbook, but they aren't added. I dont have elemental summoning or summon shambling mound as cleric/druid, and i dont have summon planetaar, energy blades as mage(also the rest of top lvl spells)

Edited by konva, 23 May 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#6 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

Ok, edited first post :)

Great thanks much easier this way. :cheers:

Looks like good standard BWP install. Well maybe little "small" BWP though for my taste. :P

In that air plane, AR0601, in these coords i have map end like in usual maps :) I am still in irenicus dungeons. I still havent got that sword, and I tried to kill Ilych, but he transmutes himself into rat and escapes :D

So you haven't been Irenicus Dungeon 2 (AR0603.ARE) then.

I still can't get XP0601.ARE from Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.ARE) only with CLUAConsole. How can you get there (without CLUAConsole) is mystery for me. I can't find anything from my BWP game.

Oh Ilyich thing is from BP mod. Eventually you find him. :lol:

I really dont know what mod is this :D

I don't think these areas are from any mod, probably some Bioware leftovers.

I recommend NOT to go areas XR????.ARE. Just forget those areas, nothing there except probably broken BWP game, maybe.

// another problem, I was experimenting with new chars. I have CLUA XP points, and with my druid, clerics and mages.... when they get "lvl 8 school" or mage's "lvl 10 schools". I have added them to my spellbook, but they aren't added. I dont have elemental summoning or summon shambling mound as cleric/druid, and i dont have summon planetaar, energy blades as mage(also the rest of top lvl spells)

I don't know anything :blink: about these things. Hopely somebody else helps you with this.

#7 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

So you haven't been Irenicus Dungeon 2 (AR0603.ARE) then.

Not yet.

I still can't get XP0601.ARE from Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.ARE) only with CLUAConsole. How can you get there (without CLUAConsole) is mystery for me. I can't find anything from my BWP game.

Here is screenshot: 

http://www.imagehost...=earthplane.jpg

Just hower mouse over that point :)

Oh Ilyich thing is from BP mod. Eventually you find him.  :lol:

Where? :D

I don't think these areas are from any mod, probably some Bioware leftovers.

I recommend NOT to go areas XR????.ARE. Just forget those areas, nothing there except probably broken BWP game, maybe.

This is how it looks inside for me: 

http://www.imagehost...v=earthpxmx.jpg

Hopefully It's all information needed to figure it out :)

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

Here is screenshot: 

http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=earthplane.jpg
Just hower mouse over that point :)

Yes i found that entrance at XR0601.ARE, but i can't find entrance to XR0601.ARE from Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.ARE). I can only CLUAConsole to XR0601.ARE.

You probably can't go back to Irenicus Dungeon (AR0602.ARE) from XR0601.ARE because entrance leads to XR0602.ARE (looks like Irenicus Dungeon) and then to XR0603.ARE (looks like Irenicus Dungeon 2). But you can't get to Waukeen's Promenade from XR0603.ARE.

Oh Ilyich thing is from BP mod. Eventually you find him.  :lol:

Where? :D

Well if you really want to know:

Spoiler

This is how it looks inside for me: 

http://www.imagehosting.cz/?v=earthpxmx.jpg

Hopefully It's all information needed to figure it out :)

Well that's looks like Windspear Hills (AR1200.ARE) but area is actually XR1200.ARE. From XR1200.ARE you can go to Cabin (AR1204.ARE) and then from there you can go to Windspear Hills (AR1200.ARE) but not to XR1200.ARE. Then your game is probably broken, no cutscenes at Waukeen's Promanade and Slums.

Well i can't say for sure how things are in your BWP game, these things are from mine. So anything is possible. :blink:

#9 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

Ha, and how from second level i can get back to first to free dryads? :)

Okay, that area like windspear hills... there are only earth elementals, air elementals and earth mephits.

Ill try then to proceed further :)

#10 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

Why put that into the code tags, when you can put the direct link(which you can gain from going to the above link and right clicking and copy image location) to the image tags and get this:
earthplane.jpg
Image tags:
 [img=http_link]
Just step back into the teleport you stepped in from to the level.

Edited by The Imp, 24 May 2014 - 06:52 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#11 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Like Imp said use same portal that you came into Irenicus Dungeon 2 (where you met Yoshimo).

Okay, that area like windspear hills... there are only earth elementals, air elementals and earth mephits.

Ill try then to proceed further :)

Go for it. Experimenting can sometimes be fun. You probably end up at Windspear Hills (AR1200.ARE).

Hopely you have save before entering XR0601.ARE at Irenicus Dungeon(AR0602.ARE).

#12 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Why put that into the code tags, when you can put the direct link(which you can gain from going to the above link and right clicking and copy image location) to the image tags and get this:
earthplane.jpg
Image tags:
 [img=http_link]
Just step back into the teleport you stepped in from to the level.

I dont have problem returning back, I want to figure out what mod it is :) But after all, it seems not important as I expected :)

Ahh thought u mean in this location :D

Hopely you have save before entering XR0601.ARE at Irenicus Dungeon(AR0602.ARE).

Nope, how do I get into Windspear Hills? :D Explored whole map, and only enterance is back to air plane :)

Edited by konva, 24 May 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#13 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:34 AM

Nope, how do I get into Windspear Hills? :D Explored whole map, and only enterance is back to air plane :)
You get your lazy %&/¤ outside of the Irenicus prison and get to the Slum District and you get invited by the dragon himself and then you get to the gate district and exit out of the city.

PS, the earlier reply was about a totally different thing, not about the elemental planes, but how to get from Irenicus prison level 2 to 1... but that's off the topic, now.
PS, the above is not a slur of rage, but fact that your char is just starting and it needs to take a journey of it's own to get to the place it needs to.

Edited by The Imp, 24 May 2014 - 07:39 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#14 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

Ha, i got it, so thats why I edited that post :D

BTW The Imp do you know something about that another problem I got?

#15 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

There's entrance about (x 915 y 3220) in XR1200.ARE to Windspear Cabin (AR1204.ARE). From there you can go to Windspear Hills (AR1200.ARE). But it probably breaks your game.

Well at least in my BWP game (haven't tested though but when check with NI). Don't know for sure about your BWP.

Update:

Oh if you mean normal way to Windspear Hills do as Imp says.

Edited by micbaldur, 24 May 2014 - 08:08 AM.

#16 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Imp, my char already started in Candlekeep :P :D

But in that loc, originally isnt earth elementals, right?

Btw who has that lamp for genie in air elemental plane?

Edited by konva, 24 May 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#17 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

Ok, went into another portal, appeared in past, in temple where I kill sarevok. Area is AR02JC. NPC talked to me.. Killed Sarevok, Angelo and Tazok, and now I am stucked.

Well, Semaj is missing, but he also cannot be CLUA summoned, he disappears like nothing else.

Edited by konva, 24 May 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:26 AM

Erhm, the game doesn't naturally have those levels, and the GUI doesn't show them either, so it might be hard to actually get to choose the spells to memorize for them... unless we talk about HLAs.
The planetaars etc HLA spells are either memorialized in the 9th level for mages(7th for clerics), or they are gained as special abilities in the ability screen(the star interface) after each time you sleep. Which of this is, depends on what mods you have installed, and the specific HLA.
Btw who has that lamp for genie in air elemental plane?
It's the dryads... you gain it in the triad when you know that you need it and agree to have the corns planted~whatever. So you have to go back from the genie.
Well, Semaj is missing, but he also cannot be CLUA summoned, he disappears like nothing else.
Probably because he goes invisible... you just need to toast his back a bit...

Edited by The Imp, 24 May 2014 - 10:32 AM.

#19 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hmm but, in classic ToB i have memorized those spells as like 9th (7th) level, but not this time. It's like 18 lvl of chars, I can choose them when lvl up, but it doesnt add to spellbook.

Yes thx, found that lamp.

Invisible? CLUAed him while i have active true seeing, but still nothing. If he keeps invisible, it prevents me to save game, but hes like not there.

Edited by konva, 24 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#20 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Invisible? CLUAed him while i have active true seeing, but still nothing. If he keeps invisible, it prevents me to save game, but hes like not there.
It's likely that as the Semaj has an item that makes him invisible and keeps him even if you cast the True Sight cause the item is kept in use... try to consoling in the "scrl1g" items a lots and toast his butt.

EDIT:
Hmm but, in classic ToB i have memorized those spells as like 9th (7th) level, but not this time. It's like 18 lvl of chars, I can choose them when lvl up, but it doesnt add to spellbook.
Yeah, but you also have this:
SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised High Level Abilities: Refinements v 3.31 BWP Fix.
Which makes all the HLA spells be special abilities(innates) instead of 10th or 8th level spells.

Edited by The Imp, 24 May 2014 - 10:41 AM.