• 969 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

File Name: ALMATERIA'S IWD2 FIXPACK
File Submitter: Almateria
File Submitted: 14 Jun 2014
File Category: Icewind Dale

ALMATERIA'S IWD2 FIXPACK
v6 29/01/23

Icewind Dale 2 is the clearly superior game, and yet it has next to no mods. Obviously this is because people thought you can't improve perfection. Well, they were clearly wrong. 

FIXES:
- Fixed the triggers for the shapechanger letter questline.
- Fixed a trigger for the Diviner kit in Elytharra's dialog.
- Fixed triggers in Koluhm's dialogue about the ghost-touched bottle. Also, the dialog with Veira's ghost. 
- Fixed multiple instances of wrong globals framing.
- Ulbrec can now recognize whether the ship has landed.
- Fixed triggers pertaining to Valin's note.
- Isherwood is no longer main quest-critical after helping him.
- About 40 creatures had faulty See() triggers which, while not an error in themselves, keep coming up as errors in trigger serch.
- You can now mention the retributive strike to Oria, if you have enough Knowledge (Arcana).
- Your friendly Remorhaz will now properly clear his actions.
- Kurttu can now recognize you as a halfling.
- Malavon can now recognize you as a drow.
- Iyachtu Xvim can now recognize you as good.
- Multiple cutscenes have had their resource name fixed.
- Guthma, Nathan, the statues in Severed Hand and a cat had their dialogues restored.
- A wrong OR() action in the ritual script has been fixed and trimmed to 20.
- Both existing shorthorns now play a sound while used.
- A whole lot of Orogs and Neo-Orogs now carry 1/4 plate armor.
- Changed all undead's gender to NIETHER.
- Fixed lots of non-existing SPECIFIC calls.
- Fixed weapon proficiencies for the Star Metal Cudgel.
- Fixed Pudu's Blight's, Stunning Arrows +1's and Stun Flail +1's stunning chance value. [Weimer]
- Fixed spelling errors in the HoF drop table. [Weimer]
- Phaen drops his correct staff. [Weimer]
- The Bastard Sword of Heroism now gives you the proper attack bonus. [Weimer]
- Screamer gives a strength bonus while thrown. [Weimer]
- Shambling Mounds' weapon now properly cast Entangle. [Weimer]
- Fixed slowdowns in Goblin Warrens, Chult jungle and the Dragon's Eye. [Quint&Extremist]
- Symbol of Hopelessness and Symbol of Pain are now scribable by Diviners. [Gimble]
- Returning File Dagger +1 now has a fixed item type and deals the correct damage type while meleeing. [Gimble]
- Selune's Blessing item type has been fixed to Maces. [Gimble]
- Charged Short Sword of Wounding no longer hurts the wielder. [Gimble]
- Battleaxe of Decay now deals extra damage to Lawful creatures. [Gimble]
- Mace +5 now has the correct enchantment. [Gimble]
- Shortbow of Spell Resistance +1 now correctly grants spell resistance.
- Fixed the typo in crelight.2da which incorrectly caused half-orcs to have wrong Hide results.
- Fixed the script in Oswald's ship crash incorrectly targeting Player2.
- Fixed the typo in rt_norm.2da which made the Tower Shield of Spell Resistance unobtainable on normal difficulties.
- Tymora's Melody now adds +2 to Alchemy skills just like it's supposed to.
- Normalized the undead status between all undead.
- Provided padding IDS files to make the mod install smoothly.
- Niles can be sold a bottle of braehg.
- Nathaniel will now give the player a scroll of Sunbeam for laying Egenia's spirit to rest.
- Jerre will properly disappear after being freed.
- The player can now receive a ship's prow from Gohar. Not of use, but nice to have.
- Jorun can now give the player a crane wheel which can be used to fix the crane.
- Mooncalf's shield and Tabard's shield now appear as large shields on the character. [KC]
- The Winged Blight greatsword's description has been matched to its effect. [KC]
- The Footman's Folly shield's description has been adjusted to list 5% spell failure chance. [KC]
- The Wandering Sky greatsword's description now mentions recharging afer resting. [KC]
- The cleric of Selune's Moon shield spell has been fixed to not stack with itself. [KC]
- Great White Wyrm's Maw has been fixed to pause the caster when using the cone of cold breath ability. [KC]
- Renamed the ATTSTYL.IDS to ATTSTYLE.IDS, fixing multiple scripts.
- Fixed multiple instances of erroneous class masks in the MarkSpellAndObject() action.
- A large number of armors have been adjusted to no longer disable Arcane spells.
- Smaller number of armors had their categories match the listed type.

UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
- Restored the following spells:
-- Produce Fire
-- Dimension Door
-- Translocation Trick
-- Lutzaen's Frequent Jaunt
-- Righteous Wrath of the Faithful
- Restored an encounter with Ubchug Babblemug in Severed Hand. [Redrake]
- Restored a chat with Goublika and his giants. [Redrake]

[Weimer] - Original fix by Weimer.
[Quint&Extremist] - Original fix by Quint & Extremist.
[Gimble] - Original fix by Gimble.
[Redrake] - Originally found by Redrake.
[KC] - Original fix by, or found by, Kevin Callirgos.

v3:
Fixed the fixpack-introduced Oria loop bug.
Adapted fixes strewn across the net.

v4:
Extended the mod with a specific version of Unfinished Business.

v5:
Fixed the typo in rt_norm.2da which made the Tower Shield of Spell Resistance unobtainable on normal difficulties.
Tymora's Melody now adds +2 to Alchemy skills just like it's supposed to.
Normalized the undead status between all undead.
Repackaged with new executables. It's been eight years.
Removed Spook. Not a 3E spell.

v6:
Provided padding IDS files to make the mod install smoothly.
Niles can be sold a bottle of braehg.
Nathaniel will now give the player a scroll of Sunbeam for laying Egenia's spirit to rest.
Jerre will properly disappear after being freed.
The player can now receive a ship's prow from Gohar. Not of use, but nice to have.
Jorun can now give the player a crane wheel which can be used to fix the crane.

v7:
Adapted fixes by Kevin Callirgos found on his website.
Renamed the ATTSTYL.IDS to ATTSTYLE.IDS, fixing multiple scripts.
Fixed multiple instances of erroneous class masks in the MarkSpellAndObect() action.
Fixed a self-induced typo in Pudu's Blight stun chance value.
A large number of armors have been adjusted to no longer disable Arcane spells.
Smaller number of armors had their categories match the listed type.

Click here to download this file

Edited by Almateria, 29 January 2023 - 07:31 AM.

#2 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

I put it in the wrong section because you can't uplaod IWD2 mods for some reason.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:18 AM

I put it in the wrong section because you can't uplaod IWD2 mods for some reason.

The reason for that is that the administeration needs to allow your profile to upload files there in... if you just post to them, then at some point you probably will get it.
The admins profiles: Choo Choo, Kaeloore, SConrad.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:46 AM

K, I pm'd them. No idea why those sections aren't set as accessible for everyone but whatever.
I wish there was a single person on earth who knew how feats work. I have a growing feeling that they might be hardcoded. And that the mod should be on G3 but they would most probably point and laugh at my coding skills.

Also there has been a stealth update or something.

Edited by Almateria, 14 June 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#5 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Okay, I have a new, honest question. I could lie and pretend I somehow reverse-engineered the problem but whatever:

Would people be angry with me if I lifted some bugfixes from other mods? I think it's ridiculous to have bugfixes thrown around multiple, non-weidu mods. If it's not compiled into a single release, I basically force the players to hunt down tiny files all over the internet. Also, I don't believe that bugfixes are too much of an intellectual property.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

Okay, I have a new, honest question. I could lie and pretend I somehow reverse-engineered the problem but whatever:

Would people be angry with me if I lifted some bugfixes from other mods? I think it's ridiculous to have bugfixes thrown around multiple, non-weidu mods. If it's not compiled into a single release, I basically force the players to hunt down tiny files all over the internet. Also, I don't believe that bugfixes are too much of an intellectual property.

The general rule of thumb is, yes, no, yes no.

If the mod doesn't have a readme, then yes, if it does have one and it says not to copy the code then of course no, but it's usually not there... :devil:

And of course if you make a readme, make sure that you record who did what, aka thank people and their contributions, and of course you probably should try to get people to respond to your hails.

And yes, there's still every possibility of people not wanting anything to do with your work, so be tactful.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

And what if the original fix was item-based, and mine is the same solution, but adapted to weidu? Is it derivative work when the solution for the same bug is handled completely differently? And can anyone hold the right to write a single byte in an item?

Those are some weird ethical questions by which I mean to say the version 3, which is up now, adapts multiple bugfixes from various people, fixes an internal bug, and restores some forgotten spells (optionally.)

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

And what if the original fix was item-based, and mine is the same solution, but adapted to weidu?

If it's a strait weidu.exe(.tp2) copy form a folder to the override, that's not a good thing... but if it's a different code adaptation, like the same bug but with approach change, then that's good. So if the old was copy to override and you do the same but use the old file as the base and WRITE the changes, then you are adopting the work and make it more useful at the same time, which is good.

The single byte, well if you do it with weidu, and use WRITE_BYTE ... no one is ever going to be able to proof that you used someones else's item as the base. You might still give credit.

PS, if you restore spells optionally, you might change the packs name to: Almateria's Fix and Tweaks pack/collection for IWD2. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 15 June 2014 - 05:44 AM.

#9 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

Precisely what I've done, on all counts. I still credited other people, because IwD2's file system is really unpleasant to search/browse and I probably would not find the bugs without them!

Maybe I'll change the name later. It's not like the bg2 fixpack doesn't have off the kilter tweaks of its own :v:

#10 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

This mod together with the mod that adds a party by Kulyok on IWD, makes me think that I should try IWD

Edited by Sergio, 15 June 2014 - 07:06 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#11 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

It really is the superior game in story, roleplaying and gameplay.

#12 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

I'll have to go on a short hiatus, I just came back from the hospital after a failed suicide attempt and don't really feel like coding anything. Sorry.

#13 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

What about compatibility with Weimer's Ease-of-Use?

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#14 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Works without a hitch, also doubles rhe fixes, bht since it's weidu-based theres no harm.

#15 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

I believe that your mod must be installed after Weimer's Ease-of-Use 'cause E-o-U overwrite some files and your mod only patch them. Correct me somebody if I'm wrong..

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#16 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

Yeah that's the gist of it. N e way, I think I'm working with Dragos/Redrake now. Or more correctly, I'm trying to untangle his mess of an unlabeled override dump mod

its hard

#17 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

oh god I'm so sorry

I've tried to do that before. It's... unimaginably painful. 

#18 -roshan-

-roshan-

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

What about including this as well?

http://www.sorcerers...IWD2/ii_fix.zip

#19 roshan

roshan
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:18 AM

By the way, Almateria, want to thank you for this, it's awesome that IWD2 finally has a fixpack, it's by far the most underappreciated of the IE games. Will definitely be playing through the game once some of Redrake's fixes have been integrated. Super looking forward to it, can't wait!!!

#20 roshan

roshan
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

Hi, I see version 4 is out! Nice! :) I was comparing the list of fixes with those in Gimble's old IWD 2 item and spell fixes, it seems that the Winged Blight fix has not been included:

"16 May, 2003: 
Changed the item Winged Blight ( ZZR6WB.ITM & EFFUHC3.SPL ). Previously, the item was giving only +2d6 bonus damage against humans ( not +2d6+3 ) and no attack bonus against humans ( should be +3 ). 
I changed the item to provide the correct damage bonus ( +2d6+3 ) against humans, and on a successful hit against a human, provide an additional +3 to attack bonus for one round. This was the closest approximation I could figure out to match the item description."

Edited by roshan, 18 August 2014 - 01:28 AM.

Reply to this topic