Photo

Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 Heavy Modding, Recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BGEFanatic

BGEFanatic
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hey,

First time in  the forum and just got recently activated my account for over 8-hours of waiting and no introduction section either so I'mma do it here since this be my first post.

I've been a fan of BGE1 & 2 for over 3 months now and haven't really got tired of making new characters and obviously starting a new game. Basically, I'm not entirely new to modding games but I'm not familiar say BGE mods like I said I'm new to BGE series.

So recently, I've been thinking why not start a new game with a certain mod installed in it and finish it up to the end? I've always been addicted to item mods, you know stuff that adds over thousands of items into the game, feature-rich mods that spice the gameplay, etc.

I'm not a fan of total conversion or half/partial changing the entire gameplay, quests omitted or new storyline. So basically I'm on a quest finding the most heavy item mods out there...

Is there any existing heavy item mods out there?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Welcome.

...en a fan of BGE1 & 2...

First of all there's no game called BGE, you are delusional, that's a good sign, as you then belong here.

Second there's no Total Conversion mod that are reliably compatible with the BGEE games, cause they use the BG2:ToB v2.5.26498's bgmain.exe among otherthings.

Now then, there isn't that many item mods for the BG1&2EE games, purely because the major part of the BG2 mods were coded to that standard and they need a few tweaks and people have not gotten around to them. The Total conversion mods actually give a lot of insight and inspiration for the mods makings, and as they aren't in the Enhanced Edition games, the majority of the moding community is still attached to the old BG2.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.