most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

File Name: Hell Recollection
File Submitter: Almateria
File Submitted: 07 Jul 2014
File Category: Miscellaneous Released Mods

Something Awful poster Skwirl said that it's messed up that you don't get Hell bonuses if you started in ToB. And honestly, I might agree; this is indeed messed up. I set out to change this.
Now, every player character created in ToB will receive an item at the start that can help him remember what exactly did he do six feet under.
This does not apply to importable pre-created characters.

Click here to download this file

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for this... might restart with a ToB game.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

No sweat bro 8) It even comes with a custom (lifted wholesale from IWD2) icon and dozens of horrible puns

#4 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

take my heart <3 - what about doing something similar for Bg 2 - soa ? (I'm referring to the manuals you are supposed to get from BG1) - so I don't have to shadowkeeper the stats everytime. 

Edited by Sergio, 07 July 2014 - 09:45 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#5 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'm not a BWL modder. Do you seriously believe I would upload my master mod to the site if there remained the slightest possibility you would demand new additions? I modded it 35 weeks ago.

e: Watchmen reference aside, FIM is way more terrible than this one

Edited by Almateria, 07 July 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:42 AM

The archive has the "backup" folder full of things(well the sub folder)... I would advice the removal of the whole folder, the setup will make the folder when the mod is installed, so there's no need for it... in a future update if you ever do one, it's not a matter of great importance, but. :P

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah done. I forgot to clean it.

#8 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

how does the "fake import mod" work?? Is it well integrated inside the game like hell reconnection? What I mean is - how do I use it? Do I get a npc in front of me while going out of the cage politely asking me to get my points? While I think the item you made with hell reconnection makes sense and it is kinda "in-place" I fail to realize how you would get the bg1 tomes while being "consistent".

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#9 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

You can't customize it in-game! You just have to deal with whether you think you killed Drizzt during the installation. It's kind of hard to make things work when you deal with a situation in which you're stripped of all belongings

#10 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

how does the "fake import mod" work?? Is it well integrated inside the game like hell reconnection? What I mean is - how do I use it? Do I get a npc in front of me while going out of the cage politely asking me to get my points? While I think the item you made with hell reconnection makes sense and it is kinda "in-place" I fail to realize how you would get the bg1 tomes while being "consistent".
By adding a few tomes to the start dungeon as if the character had imported them from the North, just like a few of the original items were in BG2.

#11 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

You can't customize it in-game! You just have to deal with whether you think you killed Drizzt during the installation. It's kind of hard to make things work when you deal with a situation in which you're stripped of all belongings

;)

By adding a few tomes to the start dungeon as if the character had imported them from the North, just like a few of the original items were in BG2.

k , understood. Thank you.

#12 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Story time!

Yesterday afternoon, after writing my last exam, I got a bit shitfaced. Today I woke up with a realization: I had to do a website for my IT class as a final project. It was supposed to be a simple page marking your presence online, but as I tend to go above and beyond, I made a portfolio for my mods, containing some mods never before released to the English-speaking public, updated, comprehensive documentation on everything I did and also stories about mods that don't exist anymore or yet. It's located at http://amessagefromt...ansmoveto.space .

So to celebrate it I added an OS X version for Hell Recollection. That's what all this post is about. I struck that perfect balance between mods with and without the OSX version.

Because I actually care about the ones with.

And I care about this mod

Edited by Almateria, 26 June 2015 - 12:08 PM.

#13 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

You know Almateria, it'd be nice if Hell Recollection could be part of the Big World Setup.  Could you fill out the information at: http://www.shsforums...quest-template/

Thanks.