• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

So I've finished FFT.

The good:

- The new areas felt natural. I mean, I could have confused you for a BG developer. They are really well-done, and even if you re-used some of the stuff, and painted them to be "new" (like the fortress that is nalia's keep redone), the illusion is well-done.

- The beginning.

The bad:

- Some bugs
- The story felt way too complex but at the same time not complex? What I mean to say that it was not that clear and it was kinda a mess understanding it most of the times. For example: the halfling beneath the tomb holding the sphere; he didn't tell me anything, but my character knew that the sphere belonged to a green dragon and w/e but it seems I knew all these details but they are non-conclusive. Why do I need to know all this lore if these are items that I'm bound to not use? Even the details of the power of the sphere, why don't you make it so charname could unlock it and get a +1 to whatever attributes? There must be a why the girl wants it.
- No loot, and if there was, most of it was duplicate (eg: necklace of missiles)
- Seriously, there are no marks on the map; this would make sense if the stuff was well explained, if there were more easter eggs, if there weren't so many generic npc; but that isn't the case. You are going to frustrate many players, including me
- Seriously, no hidden place. For example Silver hall, or the place where you have to get the key for the lighthouse. At least add pointers.
+ points because at least for the silver hall you added a kid telling you where to go. But it is annoying.
- Not using the map markers doesn't mean that the players have to explore, but means that you are forcing them 1) to explore, 2) to add themselves markers. Do you think that a new player would not explore every room you made? Yeah he would, don't worry. Just make them less "generic".
- Genericity: In the village I would add more stuff inside the houses. You could even add a inferior level with some people hiding so you can give more hint, and not only the diary from the fisherman.
- I wasn't able to find the thief supposed to be near aran's room having stolen the ring :|
- Why did you make the cavern to have a second level? I mean, I thought for a second that I had to go out where the waterfall is looking for the plant. I know that I was a fool, but it was like that since I didn't realize there was another area in the lower part. The second area, according to me is overdone; why did you add that? You could put it in the first level, with one exit to the plant's level, and one to the waterfall itself.
- I doubt Jaheira would use the word "retarded".
- Also Anomen banter seems out of place. I doubt that he would insult the guy, he would mostly insult charname for following orders around.
- Ah, I admit I wasn't able to find Earl because I didn't know the keep had a third level. I thought all were going down. So I would add a dialogue to the caravan master telling that Earl is inside the third level.

[Unrelated]
- Did I miss the caravan? I saw lot of people in the forum telling that they had black lotus. What is that?
- And why do people say they had to come back talking to Elminster? I had to talk to him only once.
- And what is the trap for the living?
- And what is the evil path?
- Did you make any new\custom items?
- Why are there some locked containers with no loot? Sad days, especially when there are demon knights near them.

Now, the images:

http://share.pho.to/6f8nk

First image: you missed the dot.
Second image: the demon has no name.
Third image: I taunted the guard and many appeared, but none of them were hostile.
Forth image: It seemed to me that the bell went crazy. I mean, I clicked it one time but the window kept appearing. Also, I would suggest to make the cursor change when you go over the bell.
Fifth image: The dialogue is messed up
Sixth image: The girl says - talk to Angharad and when I go talk him he tells me nothing (?) and then he goes saying: are you willing to do what I ask? YOU TOLD ME NOTHING, IT'S THE FIRST TIME I MEET YOU, WHO ARE YOU
Seventh image: going through the dialogues just give me a choice, without explaining further. Also the price is absurd. I've finished the quest and the reward was none. And I mean none. Did I miss something?
Eight image: forgot what was the problem. LOL
Ninth image: When did the demon knight alert me? When they teleported me around? What's the teleport stuff? I do not understand. And I was never alerted by demon knights. Am I supposed to have a dialogue with some demon knight I've already met?
Tenth image: the wall closing and opening is annoying.
Eleventh image: you missed a dot.
twelfth image: the dwarf sees no beholder but there is one while we are speaking xD
thirteenth image: I think the semicolon after my name (Sergio) was not supposed to be here; I guess it was supposed to be after Gibrial
fourteenth image: I don't think the girl is supposed to call me charname.
Fifteen image: there is a weird issue, and this time I made a stamp of Akilah, but really, it was with many of the npcs inside the village. They started hiding from me; unless I was near them I would never find them, and the weird part was that they were usually not in the place they were supposed to be; they hide in a corner, for example.
Sixth image: doesn't matter, was testing around, it was there I don't know for which exact reason
Seventh image: it shows fade's bug, sorry, this and the sixth image should never been here.
Eighteenth image: I've solved the quest. No reward, nothing at all. Only jaheira telling to the guy that we have a lot to do. So I've got no reward. Who was supposed to give it to me?
Nineteenth image: I think that after solving FFT some of these journal entries should go away (although I didn't solve the ring quest, so that has to stay).

Edit made the 12/08/2014: there is also another issue, if you save the game inside the wrong area (people gets duplicated)
http://s30.postimg.o...13_11_40_53.jpg

Edited by Sergio, 12 August 2014 - 12:14 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#2 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

- Also Anomen banter seems out of place. I doubt that he would insult the guy, he would mostly insult charname for following orders around.

Anomen is kind of a cock, to be honest

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yes, but he is a cock not for the sake of it, but because there must be a reason - even if it is semi-serious (e.g you shouldn't do that because you are too cool, you shouldn't act like that, etc; he is really stereotopycal). Insulting a guy trying to save his sister seems kinda akward.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Back from vacation and welocme back to the real world :crying:

Let's try and deal with some (not all) of these points.

Thank you for the praise on the new areas. I did get quite a lot of enjoyment from creating them.

Regarding the other points: some were fixed in the last release, some seem to constantly re-appear for some folks and not for others. At this point I won't be updating FFT any further as  I think I've done about as much as I can with it. Other mods to do!

Thank you for the well-thought-out feedback though - I really do appreciate it.

-Y-

#5 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

Sorry if my words seemed harsh, and I guess that sometimes I really stepped over, but I didn't mean to.

I think that your mod has a lot of potential, you just need to flesh out the issues or some minor things. I've pointed you, with screens, all the bug you should take a look at. :P

- And by the way, I would like to see a post answering each one of my points :P
I know, I'm greedy. -

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

Just a heads up, Sergio - giving feedback is fantastic, but expecting a mod creator to respond to every one of your points is a little bit disrespectful. We all have very limited time, and often it's enough to read feedback - we don't need to respond to it to understand the points you're trying to make. 

#7 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

oh well, I apologize for asking :P

#8 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

oh well, I apologize for asking :P

No need. If people didn't give feedback then modders wouldn't know how things go.

-Y-

#9 -qweqweqwe-

-qweqweqwe-

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Just a heads up, Sergio - giving feedback is fantastic, but expecting a mod creator to respond to every one of your points is a little bit disrespectful. We all have very limited time, and often it's enough to read feedback - we don't need to respond to it to understand the points you're trying to make. 

But for people who are reading about this mod, it's not enough. And of course it's discouraging people from giving feedback in the first place.

What I got from the discussion is that there are lots of issues and they are never going to be addressed. Naturally, the mod is skipped.

Just saying.

#10 -qweqweqwe-

-qweqweqwe-

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

But for people who are reading about this mod, it's not enough. And of course it's discouraging people from giving feedback in the first place.

What I got from the discussion is that there are lots of issues and they are never going to be addressed. Naturally, the mod is skipped.

Just saying.