• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

@ micbaldur

TS adds dozens of lines to Aerie.bcs, Anomen.bcs, Baldur.bcs, Jaheir.bcs, Minsc.bcs, Nalia.bcs if NEJ is present:

!Global("VP_InHalruaa","GLOBAL",1)

The area of Halruaa is added by NEJ

@ Roboghost
The "warning" is part of the component 3 name

#22 -colonel klinck-

-colonel klinck-

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

Hi everyone,

@-Roboghost-

You wrote :

1.13) ARP v7.2 - need to pause the batch and add 236.02 beta WeiDU version setup-arestorationp.exe to BGII - SoA folder and then install by hand.  BGT will down-date it to 236.00, so it will fail to install.

So two questions :

I'm not sure about what  this is involving. So is it possible to have ARPv.7.2 (manually installed) with BGT or is it for instance impossible ?

If I've correctly understood how to proceed,  I've to use "236.02 beta WeiDU version" renamed "setup-arestorationp.exe" Haven't  I ? :huh:

#23 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

@-Roboghost-. So is it possible to have ARPv.7.2 (manually installed) with BGT or is it for instance impossible ?

If I've correctly understood how to proceed,  I've to use "236.02 beta WeiDU version" renamed "setup-arestorationp.exe" Haven't  I ? :huh:

Well, technically what's talked here is that you have to update the weidu.exe's version in the middle of the BWP process, this is because the v236.02 has an error which relates to reading a .bif files that don't have a header... I say that you should wait for a weidu.exe update... but you can TRY and do the install by pausing in the middle of the session and updating all the weidu.exe manually at the point you intent to install the ARPv.7.2 .

I'll point also to the fact that the later mods can still try to use the broken function, and it can cause all sorts of unknown problems, so I would rather not encourage any of this, but ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#24 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:48 AM

Okaayyyy The Imp,

I say that you should wait for a weidu.exe update...I'll point also to fact that the later mods can still try to use the broken function, and it can cause all sorts of unknown problems, 

You've convinced me. :crying:

I should BETTER wait for a weidu.exe update  !  :rolleyes:

Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#25 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Hi Leonardo,

Actually downloading & extracting mods in my main BGII-SOA directory guided by your huge and absolutly necessary  BiG World Project v14.2 English.pdf  I noticed page 52 a not so up to date mod.

9.6 Xan’s friendship  path for BG1 v8--------------------------Xan’s friendship  path for BG1 v9

Hoping it'll help.

Edited by colonel klinck, 25 August 2014 - 06:07 AM.

Stupidity valued on stock exchange ? Good ! No more financial crisis ! God we should be surrounded by multibillionnaries !

#26 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

About WeiDU Versions:

When I open WeiDU.exe, on the top line it states WeiDU Version 23600. This is nothing like v236.02 that appears in the above posts. Which is correct? How do you equate one to the other?

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 25 August 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#27 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

About WeiDU Versions:

When I open WeiDU.exe, on the top line it states WeiDU Version 23600. This is nothing like v236.02 that appears in the above posts. Which is correct? How do you equate one to the other?

Tom
Well, you understand that the versions: WeiDU Version 23600 is the v236.00, while the v236.02 is the WeiDU Version 23602, that's the second beta after the official v236 was released, the "nothing alike" is an illusion, when you realize the history a bit. Or look it with a properly specked classes. The "00" at the end came to be there during/after Westley Weimer left and people wanted to update the program but were less than inclined to work together until the bigg pulled them back, when there were already several unofficial releases/version, and the programs (internal) updating had to be fixed with extra numbers.
Yes, it could be nice that we wouldn't use short hand texts, but then we would need dozen eyes to see all the texts and their sub contexts.

Also the beta's usually can contain extra function libraries that might not get included into the official releases on that version, as the beta testing process reveals errors in them. This is partially the reason why the betas are considered unstable.

Edited by The Imp, 25 August 2014 - 07:31 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#28 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

@ micbaldur

TS adds dozens of lines to Aerie.bcs, Anomen.bcs, Baldur.bcs, Jaheir.bcs, Minsc.bcs, Nalia.bcs if NEJ is present:

!Global("VP_InHalruaa","GLOBAL",1)
The area of Halruaa is added by NEJ

Ok i understand you point and sorry if i looked little "pushy" about this issue.

So there's no reason to "argue" about this issue anymore. Sorry. :crying:

Hopely this issue is settled when updated NEJ comes (Vlad is back and hopely adds Part 3 to NEJ).

Update:

Still here is what Vlad says about install order (little vague though) but this is BWP so i take your word for what is best for BWP (NEJ first and then TS).

Edited by micbaldur, 25 August 2014 - 01:28 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#29 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

@ colonel klinck

Hoping it'll help.

That helps a lot.

#30 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

Hi Leonardo,

@ colonel klinck

Hoping it'll help.

That helps a lot.

Don't encourage me... :twisted:

Always following step by step BWP pdf. v14.2 and checking the evolution compared to my proper choosen megamod list  to prepare the less instable install, I also noticed this :

Page 55

9.18 White v1.2-------------------------------White v1.4

9.20 Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour 1.10------------------------------------Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour 1.20

Errata Page.60 

10.5 Item Revisions Shatterfix

~ITEM_REV_SHATTERFIX.TP2~

The BiG World fixpack copies the file setup-Gavin_BGGraphics_hotfix.tp2 into your main SoA directory.

Correction (probably) : The BiG World fixpack copies the file item_rev_shatterfix.tp2 into your main SoA directory.

Proud about helping you ! :Bow:

#31 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi again Leonardo !!!

To update.

P.67 : 

11.5 Every Mod and Dog v6------------------------------------Every Mod and Dog v7

#32 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hi Leonardo  :Poke:

Purchasing downloads and copy/paste with BWP.Pdf  v14.2 as guide I noticed another mod to update :

P.71 

11.18 Tales of the  Deep Gardens v9.3-----------------------Tales of the  Deep Gardens v10

#33 colonel klinck

colonel klinck
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hi Leonardo  :Poke:

Purchasing downloads and copy/paste with BWP.Pdf  v14.2 as guide I noticed another mod to update :

P.71 

11.18 Tales of the  Deep Gardens v9.3-----------------------Tales of the  Deep Gardens v10

Ooops It was already mentionned by tomkaz !!! Sorry .....  :new_bottom:

#34 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:45 PM

Leonardo, I think that some of the stuff highlighted by my post there could be useful for the next incarnation of BWP
Up to you

http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=571213

Also this post contains fixes that should be added to BWP fixpack:

http://www.shsforums...eased/?p=571539

Edited by Sergio, 31 August 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#35 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

Hi Leonardo:

Having some difficulty finding a few mods.  I know this suggestion will create more work for you, but it would help if you could add the web sites or URLs where the mods can be found.  This could be as simple as stating Spellhold Studios Downloads when the mod is located there.  Or providing the URL for the few difficult mods to find.  I am only suggesting this since I think you must have all the mods listed in BWP in order for you to create BWP programs.  Also, some older versions of mods are not stored at the sites where they were created.  I have been to a few gaming sites that only provide the latest versions.

I realize that there may be copyright issues.

Thanks for the great BWP programs,

Tom

#36 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

I realize that there may be copyright issues.

And you can't make a topic that request the needed mods ? Like the previous forum users have done, or find one of those topics and add your request at the bottom, I am sure if the topic is done with intention and purpose of continual support that it could even get pinned, eventually.

#37 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hi The Imp:

I am a bit confused by your answer (but lately I have been very confused by lots of things).

OK, I will make a separate topic seeking help with finding the mods I would like.

I am looking for answers like the following:

a) That mod is on Gibberlings Three site.

or

b) That mod is at http://www.games.net\page24

or

c) I have that mod, but it is no longer available

or

d) The later version of that mod works

I do not want the mod loaded to the SHS forums.

Tom

#38 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

I know there was a lot of effort put into writing BiG World Install.bat v14.2.

I may be the only one who feels this way, but I do not like BiG World Install.bat v14.2.  Previously, I edited BiG World Install.bat, selected a Tactic game and a few other choices, and loaded my mega-mod game.  v14.2 has too many choices (none which Iiked).  The game loaded in 30 minutes as no mods were installed.  What I did wrong, I do not know.

I did read all the "readmes" and *.txt files.  ...English\strings.txt was the most informative about choices and could be put into a readme file to help understand what to do to install the game.

I will go back to v14.1.1.  I will modify it so tthe install order is the same as "individual.bat" and see what happens.

Any suggestions about what else might need modification to work with the code in individual.bat?

Tom

#39 -deaderinred-

-deaderinred-

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:05 PM

the HQ music deleting mod things i reported about in the correct forum but i don't know if got noticed. still, if you use the converter from the official packs the mod music doesnt get deleted when converting. i used the converter from the iwd pack for instance during my last big mod install. i let bgt do its thing deleting all the mod music and then i went through the backup folder and did it all manually.

#40 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

@ tomkaz
What choice do you miss?