Photo

BWS Install

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

No idea if I've the most recent version of BWS, DL'd most mods however with some links being broken had to look elsewhere which could be earlier versions...

Anyways, BWS saying:

Spoiler

Getting tired of fussing with either BWS or Install… both has problems for me. Just would like to play a megamoded game...

Aha_Sig.png

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

If you fussed with the install.bat, you'd already have your hands on the mods and I wouldn't understand why you'd want to load them again...
If I look at the list, I'd also say that you don't have much luck using the wget-tool and advise to either look at the download-log for some reasons or just use the BWS to get you the list of mods you want. Open the backup/tests screen and select to list the required URLs. Then use some tool/browser that gets the files.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:15 AM

Don't think any are actually installed at the moment; fresher game install since last ones somehow got corrupted..

Anyways now some archives its (my unarchiver) complaining can't be extracted with/are corrupt.

And internet provider has a 10GB/month limit, though 12am-5am central supposed to be the free time.

Aha_Sig.png

#4 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

sserfail.png

Aha_Sig.png

#5 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

<picture>

Open the baldur.ini in your game folder and copy paste the text after the [Alias] -tag, and then say where you have installed the game to ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#6 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

<picture>

Open the baldur.ini in your game folder and copy paste the text after the [Alias] -tag, and then say where you have installed the game to ?

[Alias]
HD0:=E:\Black Isle\
CD1:=E:\Black Isle\English\;E:\Black Isle\CD1\
CD2:=E:\Black Isle\CD2\;E:\Black Isle\English\;E:\Black Isle\CD2\
CD3:=E:\Black Isle\English\;E:\Black Isle\CD3\
CD4:=E:\Black Isle\English\;E:\Black Isle\CD4\
CD5:=E:\Black Isle\CD5\

well, SoA & ToB anyways. Are at E:\Black Isle
BG1 and TotSC are C:\BGGame\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate:
[Alias]
HD0:=c:\bggame\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\
CD1:=G:\CD1\
CD2:=G:\CD2\
CD3:=G:\CD3\
CD4:=G:\CD4\
CD5:=G:\CD5\
CD6:=G:\CD6\

G is apparently my portable disc drive.

Aha_Sig.png

#7 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:29 AM

Is that the games install folder or the game folder ?
As in, is the "chitin.key" file in that folder with the "BGMain.exe" and other files, data -folder and so on ?
Or might it be that the game is installed in E:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ -folder and so you have directed the [Alias] 'es to the wrong path, as the HD0: should be directed the game folder.

PS, the fact that the games are installed to different directories makes the BGT installation difficult if not impossible, or at least did so in the past.

The directories the BG1 says in the CD1: - CD6: -section don't matter a bit, the game reads them only if it can't find the data it looks from the HD0, and in a full install that the BGT requires all the data is in the HD0.

Edited by The Imp, 10 September 2014 - 03:33 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#8 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:54 AM

Is that the games install folder or the game folder ?
As in, is the "chitin.key" file in that folder with the "BGMain.exe" and other files, data -folder and so on ?

-snip-

both? chitin.key is there as well as them other files. 

Aha_Sig.png

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

chitin.key is there as well as them other files. 
Please take a screen shot out of that folder, so I can see it.

#10 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

having posting problems apparently...

bg2Chitin.png

Attached Files

Aha_Sig.png

#11 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:48 AM

debug file

From this it seems that the BWP has not installed any mods just like it was previously in this topic... I have no idea why it doesn't run as it's supposed to.

The fact that you get the assertion error above would indicate that your BG2 games original install doesn't start at all... it should be clear that you can't actually mega mod an originally broken game. So fixing the games install should be your first priority, and to do that you just uninstall the game and remove the install folder, then reinstall the game and make sure it starts with all the way until the game auto saves in the Irenicus Dungeon(after Imoen rescues the player character).

#12 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

debug file

From this it seems that the BWP has not installed any mods just like it was previously in this topic... I have no idea why it doesn't run as it's supposed to.

The fact that you get the assertion error above would indicate that your BG2 games original install doesn't start at all... it should be clear that you can't actually mega mod an originally broken game. So fixing the games install should be your first priority, and to do that you just uninstall the game and remove the install folder, then reinstall the game and make sure it starts with all the way until the game auto saves in the Irenicus Dungeon(after Imoen rescues the player character).

maybe cause I'm using a virtual machine? specifically Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac running Win XP.

FYI when installed game did patch then the save game but on running Big World Install it claimed it not patched for some reason.

At least this time I actually have a backup of the fresh install thanks to BWS anyways.

Aha_Sig.png

#13 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

Uninstalled BG2 SoA & ToB, reinstalled but its path is now E:\BALDURS GATE GAMES\Black Isle\BGII - SoA

no mods yet, patched an started a game both SoA & ToB even waited a bit extra time after the autosaves to make a normal save.

Aha_Sig.png

#14 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:47 PM

Sigh… I'll play with what I've got for now possibly but… I don't remember if there was any error messages for any… I think there might have been for BGT mod itself.

I'd like next install to actually be able to play megamod from BG1...

Just tried launching BG1, apparently getting a similar "Assertion Failure" with Chiten.

Aha_Sig.png

#15 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:00 AM

Hmm… what am I potentially missing to be ablee to select between BG1 & SoA/ToB with BGT?

Spoiler

The Mods:

Spoiler

Aha_Sig.png

#16 Anchev

Anchev
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

I give up, just about... -_-

External hard drive somehow previous mods (not just those, sometimes also baldur's gate directories even without any mods) locations get corrupted or whatnot, or said drive just randomly suddenly decides I've no longer access for no reason.

Doesn't seem to matter if using install.bat or big world setup...

Might be because I'm using a virtual machine… because I'm on a mac...

Aha_Sig.png