[MOD] klatu Tweaks and Fixes

fix tweak bgee bg2ee imprisonment petrification disintegration

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

https://forums.beamd...er-slayer-dream claims that component 2070 (free action does not prevent haste or movement bonus) causes problems.  Is this component OK in current version?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#22 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

OK, version 1.2 of my mod was quite some time ago. The topic was created in 2015 and is the first report of this issue I've seen. If the issue crops up again, I'll investigate for sure. But right now, it seems impossible to reproduce.

BTW, no current plans for a new release just yet. Sorry.

#23 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for your response!

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#24 -fuy-

-fuy-

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:33 PM

Can you elaborate why familiars component is ee-only?

#25 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

Can you elaborate why familiars component is ee-only?

because non-EEs WILL break. They just stop responding after a while, resulting in the script taking literally forever. The EEs are better at it, and will actually complete the script, despite its size.

This is one of the few cases where the EEs are actually superior on an engine level.

Note that the generated script can be severael thousand lines long, depeding of which mods are installed. The scripting engine really doesn't like long scripts and may break down for no apparent reason. The sorting process is sadly very brute force. The engine does not allow anything fancy, so every scroll has to be removed and sorted one by one. That's why it's slow. It'll never be fast. This is as good as it gets. It either works or it runs out of memory. Sorry.

#26 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

I vaguely remember rewriting that component at some point. So it's unlikely that said bug is still present. v1.7 should be less buggy than the earlier ones.

Also I have question: What are differences between you mod implementation of "Free Action does not prevent Haste or Movement Rate Bonus" and PnP Free Action v2 ?

Both work as intended. Miloch's may be more advanced, but I haven't looked at the implementation. If in doubt, just use Miloch's for now.

#27 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

I've got this error during my megamod installation:

ERROR: [C#AJ0011.ITM] -> [override/C#AJ0011.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds")
Drop Equipment on Disintegration (klatu Tweaks and Fixes) was not installed due to errors.

Here is my SETUP-KLATU.DEBUG:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/tukead

Regards.

#28 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

I've got this error during my megamod installation:

ERROR: [C#AJ0011.ITM] -> [override/C#AJ0011.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("DELETE_BYTES out of bounds")
Drop Equipment on Disintegration (klatu Tweaks and Fixes) was not installed due to errors.

Here is my SETUP-KLATU.DEBUG:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/tukead

Regards.

Well , I think the problem is a component from  "Tweaks Anthology". (I don't know which component is)

The file C#AJ0011.ITM is suppossed to be 210bytes in size ,but the patch from "Tweaks Anthology" is 162 bytes in size.

#29 klatu

klatu
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

@Unknown_error

Sorry for the late answer!

Thank you for the feedback. As for the error:

That shouldn't happen! In the worst case, when an item or spell is in an irrecoverably unrecognizable format, my mod should simply skip said item. So clearly I messes up at some point.

Can you do me a favour? Can you upload the file (in its problematic form), so that I can take a look?

A copy of your WeiDU.log file would be welcome, as well!

#30 Daxtreme

Daxtreme
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

hey klatu,

Recently registered here, thanks for your mod by the way!

I was just wondering, if I want to edit a small line in your mod, can I edit the "setup-klatu.tp2" file?

Let's say to keep this simple I wanna change the xp reward for cowled wizards from 6000 to 7000, can I just change the long value from 6k to 7k and then run weidu and install the mod, and it will work?

Thanks, amazing work overall btw!

#31 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:00 AM

Let's say to keep this simple I wanna change the xp reward for cowled wizards from 6000 to 7000, can I just change the long value from 6k to 7k and then run weidu and install the mod, and it will work?

That's how you would do it... if the value is set in the .tp2 file... and it is at line 618. Well it adds the same value to a lot of the mages. And yes you need to do the edit before yo install the mod, save it and then run the setup-klatu.exe ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#32 Daxtreme

Daxtreme
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:07 PM

Thank you, editing the tp2 file is working really well!

Edited by Daxtreme, 25 February 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#33 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

The file C#AJ0011.ITM is suppossed to be 210bytes in size ,but the patch from "Tweaks Anthology" is 162 bytes in size.
The file is from my Ajantis mod so if anyone happens to know why it throws errors although it works in the game and what I am supposed to fix please tell me.

One important bug report: The German version does not work on EE because the text transformation to utf-8 (without BOM) is not being done, so all symbols (ä,ü,ö,ß) crash the game.

#34 denny.thray

denny.thray
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

I'm new to installing mods to BG, so my question might be obvious to some.

I installed this, and among my tweaks, I chose the "Free Action does not prevent Haste or Movement Rate Bonus" (actually the reason I downloaded the mod)

I loaded a saved game that I have near the end of Throne of Bhaal, and equipped the Flail of Ages +5 and Paws of the Cheetah on Anomen.

His movement speed was normal. 

I remove the Flail of Ages +5 via the quick-weapon-slot, and his movement speed goes to fast.

Reequip Flail of Ages +5, his movement speed goes to normal.

Remove Flail of Ages +5, his movement speed goes to fast.

I have no other mods installed.

Am I doing something wrong?  Do I have to start a new game?  

#35 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Do I have to start a new game?  

No, you can drop the items you hold, and regain them by using the ingame console(EE-games, non-EE).

This is because the items in the save won't get updated.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#36 diatribal26

diatribal26
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 02:59 AM

Hi,

So I'm playing BG:EE Trilogy with a host of mods installed and noticed that the Manual of War isn't manifesting in Ulcaster ruins.  I tried running EE: Shadowkeeper and adding the item manually, but I couldn't find "Manual of War" in the item database.  I re-installed the mod twice to see if it appeared and got nothing so far.  Please let me know if I'm missing something.

- Diatribal

#37 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:45 AM

The filename of the asset is kla#bk01.itm. It might not get added to it's place in EET and BGT because it seems that the mod only uses the BG1 area codes and ignores their internal name change in BGT/EET.

#38 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:17 AM

Who's up for fixing this in a fan-supported version?

#39 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:46 AM

Who has the permission to update this mod, let's start there. It's not mirrored on GH to file PRs blindly. I could probably fix this, but without having the permission, I don't want to touch it.

#40 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 04:36 AM

Git diff against version 1.7 to fix Manual of War placement in TuTu and EET.

diff --git a/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2 b/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2
index 6f252a0..901fe34 100644
--- a/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2
+++ b/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2
@@ -357,11 +357,28 @@ LANGUAGE ~German~
 		END

// ulcaster
-		ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR3901.bcs~) BEGIN
-			EXTEND_TOP ~AR3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgee~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR3901.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~AR3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
 		END
-		ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR9798.bcs~) BEGIN
-			EXTEND_TOP ~AR9798.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW3901.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~FW3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
+		END
+
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgt~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR9798.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~AR9798.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
+		END
+
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~eet~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BG3901.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~BG3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
 		END

// BGT transition

Edited by Graion Dilach, 06 September 2021 - 07:03 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fix, tweak, bgee, bg2ee, imprisonment, petrification, disintegration