Saradas
  • Modder
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:44 PM

File Name: Saradas Magic
File Submitter: Saradas
File Submitted: 02 Apr 2015
File Category: BG:EE Mods

Saradas Magic is a mod for Bg1:EE that introduces a new non-playable NPC, Saradas the archmage, which interacts in various ways with the Bhaalspawn's group.
You can find him in the temple inside the Friendly Arm Inn.
In addition to having several exclusive dialogues that take place as the plot takes shape, it offers:

- Identification at reduced price
- Cure the party when one or more members of the group are seriously injured
- An advanced artificial intelligence scripted by me that offers an epic fight even to the game's veterans
- A store with exclusive articles

In the latter, you can find 7 brand new arcane spells:

- Flawless Teleport
- Lashing Wind
- Gravitational Field
- Horrid transformation
- Drain Spell
- Spectacular Combustion
- Tenser's Supremacy

PLUS epic level spells you will obtain after you kill Davaeorn. Saradas will teach you the epic spell related to your class:

- Spiritual Explosion (Invocation)
- Impenetrable Defense (Abjuration)
- Ego's Frailty (Transmutation)
- Summon Devil of Baator (Conjuration)
- Foreseeing the future (Divination)
- Absolute abnegation (Enchantment)
- Legion of shadows (Illusion)
- Deathly Hallows (Necromancy)
- Knowledge of the Scholar (Generalist)
- Shroud of wild magic (Wild magic)
- Dragonborn (Dragon Disciple)

Click here to download this file

#2 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

Any chance of a non-EE version of the mod at any point? I've been keen to try this one, but I won't ever touch anything EE-specific.

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

In the tp2

COMPILE ~saradas_magic\AR2304.baf~

overrides anything else in ar2304.bcs, thus making the mod incompatible with any other which adds contents to this area.

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar2304.bcs~ ~saradas_magic\AR2304.baf~

would not be destructive.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:32 AM

In the tp2

COMPILE ~saradas_magic\AR2304.baf~

overrides anything else in ar2304.bcs, thus making the mod incompatible with any other which adds contents to this area.

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar2304.bcs~ ~saradas_magic\AR2304.baf~

would not be destructive.

And what if the file didn't exist ? ... like for example in the original BG2EE, that should error out. I know there's code somewhere that can do both ... I just don't have the access to it now, which is why I asked.

Edited by The Imp, 16 November 2017 - 02:33 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Xazarlar

Xazarlar
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:02 AM

If you install Saradas Magic on BG1EE and then Saradas Magic 2 on Enhanced Edition Trilogy, Saradas' dialogue and inventory in BG1 appears to be overwritten by his BG2 version - he talks about the Promenade etc.

#6 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 August 2021 - 12:03 PM

@Xazarlar
What WEIDU.LOG did you have for this?

Thankee!

#7 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 11:40 PM

If you install Saradas Magic on BG1EE and then Saradas Magic 2 on Enhanced Edition Trilogy, Saradas' dialogue and inventory in BG1 appears to be overwritten by his BG2 version - he talks about the Promenade etc.

The "Saradas Magic I" mod is incompatible with EET - and therefore cannot be installed on the Trilogy along with the "Saradas Magic II" mod (which is EET-compatible)

#8 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 08:17 AM

Sorry, it is compatible. It is among the mods which are allowed to be installed to BGEE prior to EET and EET's importer pulls it over.

https://k4thos.githu...-List.html#bgee

https://github.com/G...ibility.tbl#L18

#9 Austin

Austin
  • Modder
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:50 AM

Sorry, it is compatible. It is among the mods which are allowed to be installed to BGEE prior to EET and EET's importer pulls it over.

https://k4thos.githu...-List.html#bgee

https://github.com/G...ibility.tbl#L18

Thanks, but pay attention to the post above that I answered - it indicates the problem that will appear in this case. The fact that the mod is included in the list of compatible does not always mean that there will be no problems, if other mods are installed at the same time, as in this case.

P.S. If I misunderstand something, then check it and correct me. I may have expressed my thought incorrectly, but it was about this problem. The mod did not specifically adapt to EET with the joint installation of both parts of the "Saradas Magic" I&II mod.

Edited by Austin, 02 September 2021 - 02:00 AM.

#10 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 03:48 PM

From what I can tell, Saradas Magic I can be installed at present pre-EET and it will run, but a bunch of shared code entries from Saradas Magic II will overwrite certain things if also installed onto an EET game.  Saradas Magic I needs full EET compatibility for them to properly work together.

Saradas, the mod's author, gave explicit permission to update and publish Saradas Magic II.  (He published the updated Saradas Magic II on SHS.)  He also - at least implicitly - gave permission to update and publish Saradas Magic I.  Gwendolyne may have started updating Saradas Magic I, but said he didn't intend to update Saradas Magic I due to time reasons.

If Saradas Magic I is updated with formal EET compatibility, there's the question of whether the NPC Saradas should be a continuous NPC like Minsc or Imoen who, at the start of BG2, leaves the Friendly Arm Inn (BG1 location) and heads to the Temple District (BG2 location).

Edited by Endarire, 02 September 2021 - 04:04 PM.

#11 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:18 AM

Hello,

Here is an update for Saradas magic in BGEE...

Liste of changes :

* Add...
`IF
  GlobalGT("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DestroySelf()
END`
...for EET continuity

* Add Readme.md

* Add g3_bgee_cpmvars.tpa and %area_prefix% for EET compatibility

* Change name of files for compatibility with Saradas Magic for BG2

* Change name of variable for compatibility with Saradas Magic for BG2

* Files association for new name of files

* BWP fix change `COMPILE ~saradas_magic/baf/AR2304.baf~` to `EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar2304.bcs~ ~saradas_magic/baf/AR2304.baf~`

* Add Italiano from original version

* Add Handle Charset and IconV

After some testing, everything seems to be fine, the mod is not overlapped by Saradas magic For BG2 and the EET compatibility is working...

But a proofreading of the changes would be welcome !

If this version suits you, maybe the mod could be added to the SHS github account ?

#12 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:19 AM

Wow!  Thankee!  Alleluia!

When in the install order should this updated Saradas Magic I go?

#13 JohnBob

JohnBob
  • Modder
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 07:36 AM

The mod adds Saradas a merchant who sells scrolls for BGEE, so along merchant mods or with mods that add spells.

Before (on BGEE) or after EET, both should work fine.

#14 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 02:09 PM

Thankee!  Alleluia!  I've been eager for the 2 Saradas Magic mods to be EET compatible for years now, and you've made this dream come true for Saradas Magic 1!  (Others already ported Saradas Magic II to EET.)

On EET, does the install order matter for Saradas Magic I & II so long as they're after EET Start and before EET End?

Edited by Endarire, 28 January 2023 - 02:13 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spells, magic, custom spells, mage, wizard