Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

Or maybe haeball in larswood sold me that

#322 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

Or maybe haeball in larswood sold me that

This would make some sense - he sells you a spell and if you use it, you summon four skelleton warriors against yourself. Be glad his sinister plan failed. You should remember that man and his intentions....

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#323 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:30 PM

Well.. other spells from him worked :D

#324 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

Well.. other spells from him worked :D

This is the only NT... spell he sells, the rest of his shop contains normal spells, so those work.

There is currently work going on the *renovate* this very old mod and make it available for the current environment, so these things will be repaired pretty soon.

The Sandrah Saga

#325 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

Yikes, Northern Tales is a bg1 mod isn't it? Lvl 7-8 spells for bg 1 portion of the game... yeah. I just don't get the appeal of wanting to stroll through bg1 content with 4 bg2 skeleton warriors available at your beck and call.

Edited by Ithildur, 02 February 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#326 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:24 PM

I like the idea of the spell summoning creatures hostile to you.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#327 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:38 PM

I like the idea of the spell summoning creatures hostile to you.

It makes sense when you are familiar with the nature of the seller in that quest. The more I consider it, the more I think this is a hidden gem - a punishment for those who think they can easily buy (over)powerful spells from shady sinister mages in rotten towers....

The Sandrah Saga

#328 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:08 AM

Hello again.. :)

You must go to the North Forest

But there is no location like that on my map, Proly I did some quests in Northern Tales wrong. Can someone pls give me area code?

#329 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:17 AM

Hello again.. :)

You must go to the North Forest

But there is no location like that on my map, Proly I did some quests in Northern Tales wrong. Can someone pls give me area code?

AR40PB

The Sandrah Saga

#330 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:07 AM

Ok thanks :)

Tomb of Orc Chieftain

Have the rusted dagger and the ring, but still locked. How to enter there please?

// Managed to CLUA again symbol of helm and now im able.. and one thing I noticed when playing... Jaheira chaotically teleports when in combat, when she moves, attacks or casts, she teleports close to enemies... any ideas what it might be?

Edited by konva, 05 February 2016 - 05:28 AM.

#331 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:01 AM

... Jaheira chaotically teleports when in combat, when she moves, attacks or casts, she teleports close to enemies... any ideas what it might be?
There's boots that give this effect to characters. They are cursed of course, but there's mods that remove the cursed flag... and I mean the "give" as at one point the effect stayed even when the item was removed.

Edited by The Imp, 05 February 2016 - 06:02 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#332 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:07 AM

ahh :D okay :) and do you know why Drizzt in Drizzt saga causes crash when ressurected, or loaded savegame with him?

Attached Images

• Drizzt Crash.png

#333 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:12 AM

ahh :D okay :) and do you know why Drizzt in Drizzt saga causes crash when ressurected, or loaded savegame with him?
The second hand item.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#334 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

ok thanks :)

#335 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:56 AM

Hello again, When I tried to summon Fire Elemental (SPPR605), game crashes when elemental should appear. I had tris problem in past, something with models or what. Unfortunately I dont remember the solution and I cant find it :( Any help there please?

Attached Images

• FELE.png

#336 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:49 AM

Any help there please?

Edit the picture size, so it can be seen... aka remove the excess white by reducing the picture size.

Do you have the game in 3d ? ... aka copy paste the games folders file called baldur.ini's [Program Options] 's and [Game Options] 's sections, open it with Notepad for example...

#337 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:59 AM

Spoiler

Like this? In spoiler is content from baldur ini

Attached Images

• FELE.png

Edited by konva, 12 February 2016 - 05:00 AM.

#338 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

3D Acceleration=0
BitsPerPixel=32
16Bit Textures=1
GLSetup Driver=-1

Yep, you are not using the 3D ... the 1PP at least needs that or something, start up the BGConfig.exe and use this setup in it:

post-2083-1198404145.png

Either the Visual or Display options has the 32bit color options, so use that too, as it disables the above 2D options.

And don't worry about the Widescreen setup, it works perfectly with this change, as the config won't change the resolution set, even when it displays different value(800x600 or something) in it.

Edited by The Imp, 12 February 2016 - 07:01 AM.

#339 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

Ok thanks :) works perfectly :)

#340 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:24 AM

Hello, I just finished NEJ part one, arrived in athlakta and now hrothgar teleports us to ulcaster. Where to go now? I cant find tilorn.

//I have found him, but Sandrah causes trouble, she still re-equip herself. Can I prevent it for NEJ part two?

// hmm without equipment I find it kinda hard :D

Edited by konva, 14 February 2016 - 08:49 AM.