Brand New Installation

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#141 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:31 AM

Ah well I figured :) No worries, if you hit this error in this installation, grab all the .DEBUGs you find and wrap em up :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#142 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:23 AM

okay, im currently at sandrah :D and got this:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sandrah Return To Faerun Compiles

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sandrah RtF Cross Mod Contents

D:\Games\BGII - SoA>

ERROR: Failure("Failed installation check - BGT and the complete Sandrah mod must be installed before the extension can be installed.")
RTF Movies and Sounds (Return to Faerun) was not installed due to errors.

what is the problem and how to fix?

#143 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:57 AM

okay, im currently at sandrah :D and got this:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sandrah Return To Faerun Compiles

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Sandrah RtF Cross Mod Contents

D:\Games\BGII - SoA>

ERROR: Failure("Failed installation check - BGT and the complete Sandrah mod must be installed before the extension can be installed.")
RTF Movies and Sounds (Return to Faerun) was not installed due to errors.

what is the problem and how to fix?

Could you please post SETUP-SANDRAHNPC.DEBUG and SETUP-SANDRAHRTF.DEBUG

Most likely something in Sandrah's ToB install went wrong.

Another possibility for this error is an incomplete download of RtF- you can check if SandrahRTF/AreaMod/CVCut402.baf is in your game directory.

Edited by Roxanne, 02 January 2016 - 04:14 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#144 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:22 AM

FYI, weidu.log doesn't show full details mid install because BWS uses weidu quick-logging and then at the end does a dummy tp2 install and uninstall without quick-log option to make all the details appear in weidu.log. I'm not sure how efficient / necessary it is to use quick-logging.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#145 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

Ok I dont have sandrahnpc debug.

Attached Files

#146 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:26 AM

Now I'm thinking we should have BWS put its logs (download/extract/install) in the game folder instead of in BWS\Logs as it seems more intuitive to look in the same place as the weidu.log and other setup-debug logs. A log of the user's target selection probably would help too.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#147 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:31 AM

Ok I dont have sandrahnpc debug.

And you do not have SandrahNPC installed - so it is not an error - like this says:

RtF is only a sequel and is not usable without the first part.

The Sandrah Saga

#148 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:31 AM

Konva, I suspect you resolved conflicts during your mod selection by removing Sandrah NPC because it doesn't appear to be installed at all.

Do you have setup-sandrahnpc in your game folder?

If I am right, it seems we are missing some dependency rules for Sandrah RTF.

Edited by agb1, 02 January 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#149 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:34 AM

Hmm, no -- BWS does require Sandrah if SandrahRTF is selected.

Spoiler

#150 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:43 AM

well no i dont have it at all, so I have to extract it and install it first before Ill try to continue, I dunno how this happens and BWS let me proceed without coremod :D

#151 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:44 AM

Is there a way how to install exactly only sandrah NPC and let BWS continue after installation or do I have again manually select all mods im interested and start over?

#152 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:52 AM

Is there a way how to install exactly only sandrah NPC and let BWS continue after installation or do I have again manually select all mods im interested and start over?

You should be able to install NPC manually and then tell BWS to retry RTF. There is no mod in sequence behind Sandrah that expects her to be present. At the very end of the installation (this can be done when BWS has finished) you need to check if *SandrahItm* mod has been installed and if not install it manually.

The Sandrah Saga

#153 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

Ok I installed sandrah manually... got same error as before. I attached debug for sandrahNPC and RTF. SandrahNPC folder is also present.

Attached Files

#154 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:37 AM

Ok I installed sandrah manually... got same error as before. I attached debug for sandrahNPC and RTF. SandrahNPC folder is also present.

Hm, only thing you can try is to install RtF manually as well, since SandrahNPC has perfectly installed and then continue with BWS telling it to skip RtF. Seems like mix of BWS and manual does not work for mods that are directly dependent.

The Sandrah Saga

#155 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:40 AM

FYI, weidu.log doesn't show full details mid install because BWS uses weidu quick-logging and then at the end does a dummy tp2 install and uninstall without quick-log option to make all the details appear in weidu.log. I'm not sure how efficient / necessary it is to use quick-logging.

I'm sorry but a little bit of improvement in performance is not enough to justify things like trying to debug WeiDU.logs like this

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#156 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 08:54 AM

This part of BWS predates me, so I don't know the rationale for why it was done this way.  I will try disabling the quick-logging.

#157 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

:) manual install sucesfully finished I guess.. so I proceed further...

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 19186 of 610-byte file SPCL561.SPL
ERROR: [SPCL561.SPL] -> [override/SPCL561.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPCL561.SPL: read out of bounds"))
ERROR: Failure("SPCL561.SPL: read out of bounds")
Restored BG1 Spell Sound Effects (Infinity Sounds) was not installed due to errors.

whats the problem? And how to fix?

Mods affecting SPCL561.SPL:
00000: ~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ 0 152 // PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are also affected: v4.50b1
00001: ~P5TWEAKS/SETUP-P5TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 30 // Drop Items on Imprisonment: v5.1

#158 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Was your game completely up to date (latest patches) before you started?

Try copying SPCL561.SPL from p5tweaks\backup\30\ folder to override\ folder (replace the one modified by P5Tweaks with the file from before P5Tweaks modified it) and then re-try the installation of the BG1 Spell Sound Effects component of Infinity Sounds.

#159 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

well Im not installing this first, if the latest patch isnt from yesterday, then I have updated with latest patches :) But ill try replace :)

// okay it doesnt work

Edited by konva, 02 January 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#160 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

SPCL561 is from the RPG Kit Pack - Jester kit component.  This file might be damaged -- https://baldurs-gate...d.php?p=1057668 (with Google Translate) seems to say that the file contains headers with incorrect offsets.