• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#741 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

Sandrah Item Restauration added to download page

This patch is necessary to compensate the "overpowering" of Sandrah's personal items in a BWS/BWP installation. A number of mods tweak items and spells which lets her end up overpowered at BG1 start.  In Sandrah's case some mods intending to overall balance spells and items in the game actually add more effects and abilities to her items. Under some constellations these buffer up on each other and she finally ends up as overpowered Mary Sue when you meet her at game start.

In the BWP install sequence it should go AFTER Lolfixer. It can be installed on top of a biffed game as well.

The patch restores the original balanced items. IT MUST BE INSTALLED AFTER ALL OTHER MODS IN YOUR INSTALLATION. It can be installed after biffing.
Valid as of V1.10 of the mod

SandrahItemRestauration

To clarify...this is NOT compatible with versions prior to v1.10? 

If you had an earlier version installed within a larger BWS/BWP installation and you had some item modification mods installed afterwards, what it will do is to restore the untweaked Sandrah items of that earlier version, not the current ones. Depending on which earlier version you try it on, you may even get errors if an item was not present yet in that version.

It just takes a minute to download and a minute to install - so you may try it. Worst case can be that it does nothing for you, so no loss.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#742 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:20 AM

hello,

in my attempt to install Sandrah in my big world install, all items installed except map entries. I skipped that and up until now I am not having any problems with Sandrah ( great mod BTW).

BG and BG2 GOG version

windows 7 64

thank you

Attached Files

#743 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

hello,

in my attempt to install Sandrah in my big world install, all items installed except map entries. I skipped that and up until now I am not having any problems with Sandrah ( great mod BTW).

BG and BG2 GOG version

windows 7 64

thank you

If you did not use BWP or BWS for automatic install but did a manual install you maybe missed this advice from BWP manual:

"Copy the folder SandrahnPC and the files SandrahnPC-setup.exe and SandrahnPC-setup.tp2 into your main SoA
directory.
To be able to install Sandrah, you must copy the file worldmap.wmp IMMEDIATELY BEFORE INSTALLATION OF
THE MOD from the folder BiG World fixpack into the override folder.
Because this patch cannot be installed before, this will not be done by the BiG World Fixpack.bat, but the BiG World
Install.bat."

Since you installed BP-Worldmap after Sandrah I think you are still ok. If you want to make sure you may look at worldmap.wmp (e.g.with Near Infinity) and check if an area Old Waterdeep Road is there.

You may also want to check this http://www.shsforums...37#entry582034, with your constellations of mods installed after Sandrah you may find her items overpowered otherwise (just in case you plan to let her join, that is).

Edited by Roxanne, 04 November 2015 - 12:56 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#744 psychlopes

psychlopes
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:57 AM

hello,

BG and BG2 GOG version

windows 7 64

thank you

If you did not use BWP or BWS for automatic install but did a manual install you maybe missed this advice from BWP manual:

"Copy the folder SandrahnPC and the files SandrahnPC-setup.exe and SandrahnPC-setup.tp2 into your main SoA
directory.
To be able to install Sandrah, you must copy the file worldmap.wmp IMMEDIATELY BEFORE INSTALLATION OF
THE MOD from the folder BiG World fixpack into the override folder.
Because this patch cannot be installed before, this will not be done by the BiG World Fixpack.bat, but the BiG World
Install.bat."

Since you installed BP-Worldmap after Sandrah I think you are still ok. If you want to make sure you may look at worldmap.wmp (e.g.with Near Infinity) and check if an area Old Waterdeep Road is there.

You may also want to check this http://www.shsforums...37#entry582034, with your constellations of mods installed after Sandrah you may find her items overpowered otherwise (just in case you plan to let her join, that is).

oops  :doh:

yes, it is as you said, I forgot to copy worldmap. and old waterdeep road is in the worldmap in near infinity, hope it is OK. I am having great fun with your mod and already applied the patch.

thank you

#745 waebbl

waebbl
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:59 AM

I was just playing the pirate island from the bookhunter quest and want to give a little feedback on this, as it happened on my installation (I am using v 1.09).

1) None of the pirate zombies did move up or fought back during the fights, they just stood on their spawn positions and let themselves be slaughtered.

2) IMO their loot is too high (speaking in terms of monetary reward, when selling it later on), they dropped Studded Leather Armor +2, Bastard Sword +2 and Scimitar +2 Rashid's Talon, the commanders dropped a Scimitar +3 Water's Edge instead of a Scimitar +2 and an additional Helmet of Defense (which was, due to the description, improved by Taerom Fuiruim, what I had done before with one helm I had found). I'm not sure, whether this loot does belong to the Sandrah mod or is due to some interference with the combination of mods I happen to have installed.

3) Apart from the regular way to leave the island with the ship and wrecking on the coast, I found another way, with an unmarked (with respect to CTRL+4) transition zone on the island map (the one which looks like the second Cloakwood zone), which lets me transfer like a regular map transition, by opening the world map and letting me choose my destination map. Not sure, whether this is intended or not, or if it will have any consequences on the story or the quest if I leave using that way.

Spoiler

#746 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

I was just playing the pirate island from the bookhunter quest and want to give a little feedback on this, as it happened on my installation (I am using v 1.09).

1) None of the pirate zombies did move up or fought back during the fights, they just stood on their spawn positions and let themselves be slaughtered.

2) IMO their loot is too high (speaking in terms of monetary reward, when selling it later on), they dropped Studded Leather Armor +2, Bastard Sword +2 and Scimitar +2 Rashid's Talon, the commanders dropped a Scimitar +3 Water's Edge instead of a Scimitar +2 and an additional Helmet of Defense (which was, due to the description, improved by Taerom Fuiruim, what I had done before with one helm I had found). I'm not sure, whether this loot does belong to the Sandrah mod or is due to some interference with the combination of mods I happen to have installed.

3) Apart from the regular way to leave the island with the ship and wrecking on the coast, I found another way, with an unmarked (with respect to CTRL+4) transition zone on the island map (the one which looks like the second Cloakwood zone), which lets me transfer like a regular map transition, by opening the world map and letting me choose my destination map. Not sure, whether this is intended or not, or if it will have any consequences on the story or the quest if I leave using that way.

Spoiler

Thank you very much for the report.

I am looking at which mod(s) could be the source for these issues

for 1) - do you have rogue revision installed? It may be best to assign my own script to them instead of using a custom one (pirate.bcs) which can be tweaked by another mod.

and

for 2) it may be the combination of those two mods acting on each other to create such an effect

00003: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30

00006: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 4 // Creature Stuff - Inventory Overhauler (moves invalid but equippable items to inventory and equips anything in the inventory to a free slot): 21102015

Do you have these mods installed (your Weidu.log will tell you)?

for 3) I noticed this transition once, it seems to be an issue with the area's search area file but it is random depending on the installation, however I was never able to reach it with my party actually. Anyway, using it would spoil the rest of the quest.

Edit

I found solutions for all 3 issues and updated the mod with them already.

Thanks again for reporting.

Edited by Roxanne, 07 November 2015 - 02:15 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#747 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:03 AM

I was parsing all my mods for incorrect dialog tokens and found this in Sandrah - not fixed in github so directly letting you know rather than bundling with the BWPFixpack :)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#748 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:17 AM

I was parsing all my mods for incorrect dialog tokens and found this in Sandrah - not fixed in github so directly letting you know rather than bundling with the BWPFixpack :)

Thanks for the hint - I fixed it and uploaded it to github.

Just for info, it was never found in a test because the wrong token actually is presented as <CHARNAME> in the game (who would have guessed that?), i.e. it shows charname's name not the token <CHARNAME>.

The Sandrah Saga

#749 waebbl

waebbl
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

for 1) - do you have rogue revision installed? It may be best to assign my own script to them instead of using a custom one (pirate.bcs) which can be tweaked by another mod.

and

for 2) it may be the combination of those two mods acting on each other to create such an effect

00003: ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6101 // Potions for NPCs -> One third of the potions dropped by slain enemies break and are lost: v30

00006: ~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ 0 4 // Creature Stuff - Inventory Overhauler (moves invalid but equippable items to inventory and equips anything in the inventory to a free slot): 21102015

for 3) I noticed this transition once, it seems to be an issue with the area's search area file but it is random depending on the installation, however I was never able to reach it with my party actually. Anyway, using it would spoil the rest of the quest.

Edit

Sorry for the delay. Although you already have fixed it, I want to give a reply on this.

1) I do have RR installed

2) I have lolfixer installed, but not the stratagems component you listed (although other components of this mod)

3) Glad I didn't use it then :) I was almost up to it, but then decided to try the ship again, as I was thinking there has to be another way to leave this island...

Thanks for this mod! I really enjoy having so much new stories and content.

#750 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:16 AM

and

Edit

Sorry for the delay. Although you already have fixed it, I want to give a reply on this.

1) I do have RR installed

2) I have lolfixer installed, but not the stratagems component you listed (although other components of this mod)

3) Glad I didn't use it then :) I was almost up to it, but then decided to try the ship again, as I was thinking there has to be another way to leave this island...

Thanks for this mod! I really enjoy having so much new stories and content.

Thanks for the feedback.

The BWP/BWS guys are currently working hard to optimize the install sequence of mods. Hopefully this will improve a bit the situation for contents mods like Sandrah (and some others) to avoid the current tweaking of items, spells and scripts by some global mods. (not to be misunderstood - this is not blaming anyone who tries to improve and balance BGT, there are just many traps that can catch you if you are not careful enough.)

Just one example - one mod randomises the location of the girdle of gender (carried formerly by Unshee's ogre). Another changes the girdle to *girdle of cognition*. Now a number of mods (including Sandrah) which used the original setup in triggers for their mod get different results (or failed events) from it. Very difficult and cumbersome to repair if those events are introduced in masses (and frustrating for those who play the mods and not even knowing why things fail).

The Sandrah Saga

#751 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

Sandrah and recommended mods interactions

This could be a very long tutorial about why Sandrah requires a lot of mods in her installation, so I try to keep it as brief as possible while still trying to answer as many questions as possible here. This overview represents the v1.10b of the mod. (The BWP manual 15.5 is not yet fully up-to-date with this list).

A. ESSENTIAL

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast

>>the events around the Field of Death and General Ghotal are essential starting point for the Clan Orc/Shauhana saga that appears in SoA part and is a major element of Return to Faerun

Dark Side of the Sword Coast

>>with Jet'laya (respectively her sister) Sandrah is confronted to accept the limits of her healing ambitions - she may receive an ability if killing the forest dragon - the vampire encounter is extended, she teaches PC how they can produce stakes against vampires themselve - they discover the connection of Bregan D'aerthe with Iron Throne - Jen'lig has several specific encounters during DSOTC.

The Drizzt Saga

>>Drizzt is an important figure in Sandrah's youth, in the story of her grandmother, her mother and father, their relationship is a red thread through the trilogy - Sandrah mod enables you to play Drizzt without the necessity to get rid of your other companions (i.e. you only need Drizzt but not his friends) Additional content is available through Sandrah while some overpowered encounters have been rebalanced.

Grey Clan Episode 1

>> Sandrah provides three sequels to the episode 1 that center around the Academy and Xephistagoras, they are essential for Return to Faerun and require to go through the original episode first.

BG1NPC (with all quests and romances)

>> There is crossmod contents between Sandrah and all the NPCs of this mod - you will get a lot of insight into her background and personality as well as special abilities depending on which party members you chose. Installation of the complete mod is required as the multitude of possible constellations in your party is otherwise not managable, however there is no hard requirement to persue any of the offered romances.

The Darkest Day

>> Sandrah uses areas, NPCs, events and items from this mod which is installed throughout the SoA part of the game. The final episode of TDD is important for Return to Faerun as it clarifies the relationship between Sandrah, her grandmother and Cyric.

Check the Bodies

>> Sandrah uses areas, NPCs, events and items from this mod which is installed throughout the SoA part of the game. She also uses the transition between BGT parts. In the installation of SandrahNPC it is possible to omit the Candlekeep Chores episode all together and go directly from BG1 to SoA.

The Region of Terror

If you did the Drizzt Saga in BG1 with Sandrah and Drizzt, you have the option to send Drizzt ahead on his own from Irenicus Dungeon and still play the mod - Drizzt will join you for the showdown but is not required in the party.

Any Ascension variation
>> essential to conclude the main quest of Sandrah and to continue with RtF

B. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

i.e, you can play the main story without them but may experience some gaps (some references are made even if you have not encountered the corresponding episode)

The Vault

>> numerous interactions - one real important episode within the Zernan Book Quest and return to Nashkel Mines

BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters

>> Several quests are extended with additional content

The Lure of the Sirine's Call

>> incorporated in the Bookhunters/Pirate Island quest

The Stone of Askavar

>> Sandrah's relationship to the Harpers and her relation to Talos

Finch

>> triggers the Bookhunters/Pirate Island quest (if the mod is not installed a non-joinable Finch is introduced to start the quest)

Planar Sphere

>> At least one of the existing mods relating to Mystra being endangered is required to complete Sandrah's SoA part and let her follow you into ToB - either this one or Tales of Anegh (PS is preferred for the better story and better translation, even if harder) or the third part of Grey Clan, which comes with Sandrah.

C. RECOMMENDED

Longer Road  >>>Sandrah and Irenicus - and what to do with REAL power (for this purpose the mod delays Watcher's Keep until ToB) Her interactions with Irenicus make her decision at ToB final much clearer, unless your PC is evil character himself.

Secret of Bone Hill >>> At least part one, a return into Sandrah's youth (especially if you take Fabio along while on the island)

Haer'dalis and Viconia in SoA >> add major quests with Sandrah

Dark Horizons >>> they return in SoA if you met them on the Sword Coast

Thief Stronghold >>>better to rule over organized bandits yourself than to leave them uncontrolled

Arena >>>Sandrah is qualified for fighter and magic competition

D. CROSSMOD PROVIDED

BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters
Ascalons Breagar
Ascalons Questpack
Fishing for Trouble
Kivan (and Deheriana Companions)
Yasraena
Saerileth
Chloe

Indira
Isra BG1
Mur'Neth
Valerie
White
Aeon
Alora
Amber
Angelo
Arath
Ariena
Auren
Beyond the Law
Coran BG2
Dace Linton
Ellistraee
Fade
Faren
Gavin BG2
Haldamir
Hanna
Isra BG2
Iylos
Kari
Kelsey
Keto
Kiara-Zaiya
Kido
Kim
Kindrek
Kitanya
Luxley Family
Nathaniel
Nephele
Nikita
Ninde
Romantic Encounters
Sarah
Sarevok
Shadows Over Soubar
Sheena
Silverstar
Sir Ajantis
Skie
Solaufein
Summon Bhaalspawn
Tashia
The Undying
Tiax SoA Friendship
Tortured Souls
Tsujatha
Tyris Flare
Vampire Tales
Varshoon
Vynd
Xulaye
Yikari

White

Adrian

Aurora

Aran Whitehand

Thael

E. NOT COMPATIBLE

Sandrah is not compatible with mods that spawn pure BG1 creatures in further chapters.
Not compatible with BG1 NPCs for BG2:SoA v9 and Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod.
Not compatible with Worgas' Drizzt-component.
Turnabout is only compatible to a limited extent with SandrahNPC because you cannot call creatures for support at the Throne of Bhaal final battle when Sandrah is with you.
SandrahNPC is incompatible with Jarl's Adventure pack, as this mod replaces/renames some vanilla non-joinable NPCs which are triggers for Sandrah quests.

F. UNKNOWN

NEJ2

>> there has been some discussion and analysis regarding NEJ (contentswise it is not compatible), it may be technically compatible with Sandrah but there are certainly issues that have not neen testet. (NEJ2 failed to install in all my mega BGT installs so far). There may be problems with the BG1 to SoA transition, multiple NPCs in SoA and the time triggered second part of NEJ during SoA may collide with the Shauhana plot from Sandrah (you may be unable to follow NEJ's call while you are in Clan Orc Land and NEJ will kill the PC for it).

Edited by Roxanne, 12 November 2015 - 03:05 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#752 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

A very useful post, thank you. You might consider copying this info up to the top of the thread.

Sandrah is not compatible with mods that spawn pure BG1 creatures in further chapters.

Can you give examples of mods that do this?

#753 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:48 PM

A very useful post, thank you. You might consider copying this info up to the top of the thread.

I plan to integrate it with the readme - additionally I hope the BWP manual will consider it for their next update,

Can you give examples of mods that do this?

•  BG1 NPCs for BG2:SoA v9

• Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod (not really, it requires the above mod however to be installed)

• Khalid NPC

• BGt tweak Pack v11 "Import more NPCs into Shadow of Amn"

• NEJ2 (partly) as some NPCs will appear twice in SoA

Edited by Roxanne, 12 November 2015 - 03:18 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#754 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

Hello :)

Quick question - the BWS seems to think that Sandrah requires BP - Core. Is this right?

Untitled.png

(Highlighted the dependancy)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#755 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:22 AM

Hello :)

Quick question - the BWS seems to think that Sandrah requires BP - Core. Is this right?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

(Highlighted the dependancy)

My best guess is that this is outdated. Sandrah needs one of the Ascencion variants of the game. I am just at this moment doing a test installation including NEJ and will try to do that without BP Core I will let you know about the result.

The Sandrah Saga

#756 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

Many thanks :) I was trying to basically preserve my personal modlist for posterity and want to keep Sandrah in it but hit this snag (I don't like AI-"enhancing" mods :lol:)

I guessed it was the Ascension dependancy at work here but the BWS can (I think) make Sandrah only depend on the BP - Ascension component rather than the core component.

#757 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

Many thanks :) I was trying to basically preserve my personal modlist for posterity and want to keep Sandrah in it but hit this snag (I don't like AI-"enhancing" mods :lol:)

I guessed it was the Ascension dependancy at work here but the BWS can (I think) make Sandrah only depend on the BP - Ascension component rather than the core component.

I will check to make sure. I guess you are right, I do not like AI-mods either and even recommend not to use any for my NPCs.

The Sandrah Saga

#758 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

Roxanne, does the above list include the ToBEx, aka did you have it in use... cause the response to Vlad's post could depend on this. Aka, making the area scripts able to use timers. I checked and the ToBEx makes no mention of this specific fix ... or then I am just unable to find it.

Edited by The Imp, 12 November 2015 - 04:19 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#759 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

I am updating the BWS dependencies...

Meanwhile I tried to install Sandrah and got a parse error:

Spoiler

This was using the GitHub master download.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#760 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:42 PM

I am updating the BWS dependencies...

Meanwhile I tried to install Sandrah and got a parse error:

Spoiler

This was using the GitHub master download.

Bad, just introduced the error today. Already corrected. One missing *~* (I tested the changed file without having saved the change, bloody beginner's mistake, then uploaded what I thought was tested ok)

Edited by Roxanne, 13 November 2015 - 01:09 AM.

The Sandrah Saga