Photo

[closed]

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#521 FenrirKenway

FenrirKenway
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:18 AM

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this forum and english is not my frist language, so sorry for any mispelling :D

I'd like to start by saying that i am astonished about the amout of work this mod has in it, and the fact that you are constantly making it better is even more astonishing! Truly, well done :)

Now, talking about more serious stuff i just have a few questions aboute the mode. I recently started a run ( i'll have to start it again because of the 1.07 upgrade, just my luck) and while, as i already said, i noticed many good things about this mod, i also noticed some things that i don't particularly like.

I did not go too much far in the game since the run was pretty new(Nashkel) but i did notice that Sandrah, at times, kind of appears just too much perfect and sometimes the dialogue options(or lack of) kind of took me out of the roleplay.

It may just be my problem, or even bad timing, but as things went after just 7 days of travel(so, i would say about 5 or 6 rests) the first kiss thing happened (when you wake with her head hovering over yours and you can either kiss her or be a jerk and she leaves, kind of extremist options in my opinion[especially if you're roleplaying as a good, kind of stoic, half-orc :lol2: ]), and this happened right after she had hopped in the sack with the guy in the Jovial Jugger, and right after that(the kiss) she just went ahead and flirted with the guy in the Nashkel tavern and kissed that other one in the Temple, kind of destroyed the roleplay since there is not an option to say anything about it.

Basically what i'm trying to say is that i sometimes felt like i was the NPC, she can do whatever and i can do nothing about it. And i don't even mean something like "Woman, you mine", just something like "Hey, i'm over here"(hell, in the RE for BG2 Jaheira, Viconia and Aerie do that :D  ) or, talking about the actual romance dialogue and still the taking the first kiss as an example, options like "Uhhhh, yeah, gotta go" not a jerk and not a total sucker (after just a few days, i would accept those kind of interactions in BG2, where the bond has grown, but after a few days saying "i may be in love with him" sounds kind of WOOOOOOOOOOOW from someone as learned as she appears to be)

Adding a time check to the romance, so that every romance dialogue happens every 10 days or so for example(or every 10 rests), and something that gives the PC the possibility to kindly "reject" her until she, after like 5 to 10 romance dialogues, explicity asks if he's interesed or not would help in my opinion.

Btw, talking about lighter stuff, i'm right ina ssuming that the concept about her is that she is basically the PC a few years in the fture? She knows everyone in the lands and, from the interactions i ahd with others, it seams like she has that kind of "don't mess with me" aura that every main character(of virtually every game ever) has after some time

Thanks for your time, and again sorry for any misspell on my part

#522 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:39 AM

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this forum and english is not my frist language, so sorry for any mispelling :D

I'd like to start by saying that i am astonished about the amout of work this mod has in it, and the fact that you are constantly making it better is even more astonishing! Truly, well done :)

Now, talking about more serious stuff i just have a few questions aboute the mode. I recently started a run ( i'll have to start it again because of the 1.07 upgrade, just my luck) and while, as i already said, i noticed many good things about this mod, i also noticed some things that i don't particularly like.

I did not go too much far in the game since the run was pretty new(Nashkel) but i did notice that Sandrah, at times, kind of appears just too much perfect and sometimes the dialogue options(or lack of) kind of took me out of the roleplay.

It may just be my problem, or even bad timing, but as things went after just 7 days of travel(so, i would say about 5 or 6 rests) the first kiss thing happened (when you wake with her head hovering over yours and you can either kiss her or be a jerk and she leaves, kind of extremist options in my opinion[especially if you're roleplaying as a good, kind of stoic, half-orc :lol2: ]), and this happened right after she had hopped in the sack with the guy in the Jovial Jugger, and right after that(the kiss) she just went ahead and flirted with the guy in the Nashkel tavern and kissed that other one in the Temple, kind of destroyed the roleplay since there is not an option to say anything about it.

Basically what i'm trying to say is that i sometimes felt like i was the NPC, she can do whatever and i can do nothing about it. And i don't even mean something like "Woman, you mine", just something like "Hey, i'm over here"(hell, in the RE for BG2 Jaheira, Viconia and Aerie do that :D  ) or, talking about the actual romance dialogue and still the taking the first kiss as an example, options like "Uhhhh, yeah, gotta go" not a jerk and not a total sucker (after just a few days, i would accept those kind of interactions in BG2, where the bond has grown, but after a few days saying "i may be in love with him" sounds kind of WOOOOOOOOOOOW from someone as learned as she appears to be)

Adding a time check to the romance, so that every romance dialogue happens every 10 days or so for example(or every 10 rests), and something that gives the PC the possibility to kindly "reject" her until she, after like 5 to 10 romance dialogues, explicity asks if he's interesed or not would help in my opinion.

What you say with respect to v1.06 is correct, the mod is still Beta for testing and up to now the focus has been more on the story and the quests  than on the romance/PC relationship. Version 1.07 is improving that already and more work will go into that.

Part of her personality however will remain, e.g. she takes what she wants including some males along the road and the PC. She either likes you or not, she does not wait for the 12th lovetalk to tell you that nor will she even wait for you to slowly make up your mind (she makes decisions quickly, sometimes she is just too quick)  She sometimes needs to accept a *bloody nose* for this attitude and some of it is already there, more will follow.

What you have at the moment in the PC relationship is the *straight* path, the deviations and alternatives are still being worked on, just like the *evil PC* possibilty that has now been added in v1.07.

Btw, talking about lighter stuff, i'm right ina ssuming that the concept about her is that she is basically the PC a few years in the fture? She knows everyone in the lands and, from the interactions i ahd with others, it seams like she has that kind of "don't mess with me" aura that every main character(of virtually every game ever) has after some time

She will change over the gameplay. The is pretty self-confident in the beginning, she knows a lot of people (you will soon find out why) and knows quite a bit of lore. She will reach her limits in time and learn some lessons. Her character is supposed to remain interesting until ToB and into the sequel, so there are a lot of changes and learning it the hard way.

No, she is not the PC, but she is not just an obedient follower either. She will not hold back her arguments and counselling attempts - and she will get you and herself in some trouble at times.

Thanks for your time, and again sorry for any misspell on my part

Edited by Roxanne, 11 August 2015 - 11:45 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#523 FenrirKenway

FenrirKenway
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

Thank you for your answers. Then i think i'll wait for more updated versions before i start reinstalling BGT. Your mod, i think, has the potential to become one of the best, if not the best, BG NPC mod ever, and as such it is worth the wait

#524 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:49 PM

Even though SHS is back online again, the file storage system seems still to be inoperable. For the time being I cannot upload or download any files to/from the host.

The Sandrah mod and any support to it are affected by this and all I can do at the moment is - wait.

The Sandrah Saga

#525 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

New download links for the Sandrah Saga

CVsandE.jpg

It seems like the download system of Spellhold needs a bit longer to be repaired. Thus I have created these alternative download links for the mod. While I was at it, I already uploaded the latest version (v1.08b) of the mod.

There is also a little teaser for the next episode (Episode 1) of the mod that triggers at the end of RtF.

SandrahNPC

SandrahRTF Pt1

SandrahRTF Pt2

bonus SandrahToT Teaser

Edited by Roxanne, 25 August 2015 - 11:31 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#526 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

Guess you'll have no idea when the downloads are back working? Been waiting to reinstall since the site went down, now just need your 2 mods.

#527 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

looks like they came back when i just posted. thank you.

#528 hejmeddej

hejmeddej
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

Great Work on finding a solution. Is this a proper version 1.08b including hf. 18 and hf. 19. Might I also suggest using a consisting naming convention

SETUP-XXX.exe trughout. TOT uses the old convention of XXX-SETUP.exe

Edited by hejmeddej, 24 August 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#529 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

Yes, all fixes are included

The Sandrah Saga

#530 FenrirKenway

FenrirKenway
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:08 AM

Hello! Real happy you found a solution for the uploading of the files :)

Is the 1.08 version the complete version, with all the new stuff from the 1.08 changelog, or is it "just" the 1.07 version plus the hotfixes you posted in the other thread? Thinking about (finally XD) starting my BGT run and i  would really like to have the most up to date version of your mod, since i don't think it's possible to install a newer version of it during a run without having problems (especially since, by default, it is a Mega Mod installation)

Edited by FenrirKenway, 25 August 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#531 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

Version 1.08 available in the new links now is the version as described in the changelog. It contains all fixes for the mod published before, plus the additional Contents documented. The RtFpart (+ToT Teaser) also includes the transition into yet another Sequel and the prelude of ToT, of which further contents is under development at the moment.

The Sandrah Saga

#532 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

Very exciting to see all this development Sandrah. Time of Troubles revisited as a sequel eh? Are we changing history here? Regardless, very exciting. This is a lot of work from just one person. Do you have a dayjob? Nicely done!

#533 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

Very exciting to see all this development Sandrah. Time of Troubles revisited as a sequel eh? Are we changing history here? Regardless, very exciting. This is a lot of work from just one person. Do you have a dayjob? Nicely done!

I have added an updated readme to the new download page. It includes some hints about this journey to the past and what changing history may imply. Actually it is part of the plot - what can you do and what better not do if you are in the past but with the knowledge of the future.

Maybe the PC can discuss this with Alaundo in person - maybe it was the PC who gave the seer his vision?????

The Sandrah Saga

#534 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

I like those ideas. If there'd be a way to go back in time and interact with your father Bhaal and/or warn him about his impending "doom" and start off the chain of Bhaalspawn. That might be nice too!

#535 FenrirKenway

FenrirKenway
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

So, sorry for bothering you again but, since i just arrived to the point i have to install your mod in the Mega Installation, i would like to know if/when you are going to update your mod. I mean, the Mega version of BGT i have installed is like 300 hours long so i would like to have the very most up to date version of your mod, if you're gonna update in 1-2 weeks i may wait otherwise i'll just start my game without looking back :)

Thanks

EDIT: And does Sandrah have any crossmod content with the NPC Stronghold Mod? The Gibberlings Stronghold mod that lets NPCs have the strongholds

Edited by FenrirKenway, 26 August 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#536 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

So, sorry for bothering you again but, since i just arrived to the point i have to install your mod in the Mega Installation, i would like to know if/when you are going to update your mod. I mean, the Mega version of BGT i have installed is like 300 hours long so i would like to have the very most up to date version of your mod, if you're gonna update in 1-2 weeks i may wait otherwise i'll just start my game without looking back :)

Thanks

Due to the SHS breakdown of last week and the fact that the download system is still not fully recovered, I had to renew the download links for the mod. They are now here http://www.shsforums...27#entry580541. This is the latest version which I plan to keep stable for some time now. Any issues discovered will be - if possible - by repaired by Hotfixes which are published here http://www.shsforums...-rtf-hotfixes/.

EDIT: And does Sandrah have any crossmod content with the NPC Stronghold Mod? The Gibberlings Stronghold mod that lets NPCs have the strongholds

The Sandrah Saga

#537 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

Thanks

Due to the SHS breakdown of last week and the fact that the download system is still not fully recovered, I had to renew the download links for the mod. They are now here http://www.shsforums...27#entry580541. This is the latest version which I plan to keep stable for some time now. Any issues discovered will be - if possible - by repaired by Hotfixes which are published here http://www.shsforums...-rtf-hotfixes/.

???? Sandrah has her own *stronghold* in some way - the Mystra Temple at Waterdeep where she receives a number of quests etc throughout the game. This is independent of the G3 mod.

Sandrah also has some additional contents for the PC having the Planar Sphere and/or the thieves guild. This is as well independent of the G3 mod.

Sandrah does not get any of the existing strongholds instead of the PC (and I have no plan to add this due to her obligation to her Temple and other quests she receives in Mystra's service already)

The Sandrah Saga

#538 -salvador-

-salvador-

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

I am getting the following error when installing the mod:

ERROR: cannot convert %CVMystra% or %%CVMystra%% to an integer

debug file: http://pastebin.com/mxKtyiNk

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

#539 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:35 AM

I am getting the following error when installing the mod:

ERROR: cannot convert %CVMystra% or %%CVMystra%% to an integer

debug file: http://pastebin.com/mxKtyiNk

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

It is this block that seems to fail for no visible reason

COPY ~SandrahNPC\CRE/Sandrah.cre~ ~override\Sandrah.cre~
SAY NAME1 Sandrah
SAY NAME2 Sandrah
WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0
WRITE_SHORT   0x246 0x4000 + ~%CVMystra%~

I hope some expert has an idea why this could fail (it has not changed since the mod was first published an has been successfully installed by numerous users),

It may be a simple copy error, put attached file into override and try again

Edited by Roxanne, 29 August 2015 - 07:15 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#540 -sal-

-sal-

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:34 AM

My suspicion is that is related to the kit addition that precedes this component. Perhaps, something is messed up in ids files from my installation. Did you check my mod list in debug-file? Do I have anything incompatible or "not recommended"?

I don't know if it's a good idea to use your override file. The code in question appends kit id, if I understand correctly, which might be different in my game. If I use yours, it might turn out that Sandrah has a completely different kit.