Photo

[Removed] Sandrah NPC

• Please log in to reply
1190 replies to this topic

#621 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

Thnx a lot, that was quick!

I tested Sandrah till the cloakwood mines and liked it very much .

But upon leaving Sandrah says something like "wrong horse" and is gone (forever??)

Obviously you did not treat her well, she has warned you before that (Just because you think you were born a bastard does not mean you need to behave like one). She must be really disappointed of you at that point, which can have a lot of reasons based on decisions you have made in the game and answers you have given to her.

Hmm, cant remember not having been nice to her.... I even have declared my love for her

and in an PID she assures me her Love - just before quitting - strange.

By the way, Imoen complains too, but doesnt quit and I lose 1 Point of reputation.

I must have done some very evil and I haven't even noticed it...

Thnx for the Tip:

Huh, I got 39 Points (thats at the end of Cloakwood BEFORE flooding), dont know, if that is much....

I surely havent got all the extras and gimmicks, she has to offer by then...

Well, I couldn't enter the orc prison either...

Nope, I meant, I cannot enter the first Area (could see it via ctrl-4 while looking for a clue for Henning, but could not enter.)

And there was no guard - obviously.

Edit - some questions -

Do you play an evil character?

Did you upgrade Sandrah version during the playthrough?

No, I play a Neutral Fighter/Mage

No, i havent updated, since its the latest version 1.08 (I assume).

Perhaps I didnt install the hotfixes either - is that it ?

I would dislike to stop playing, because without Sandrah its no real Fun

Please save Sandrah ;-) - there must be a way

Greetings

Jona0

#622 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Thnx a lot, that was quick!

I tested Sandrah till the cloakwood mines and liked it very much .

But upon leaving Sandrah says something like "wrong horse" and is gone (forever??)

Obviously you did not treat her well, she has warned you before that (Just because you think you were born a bastard does not mean you need to behave like one). She must be really disappointed of you at that point, which can have a lot of reasons based on decisions you have made in the game and answers you have given to her.

Hmm, cant remember not having been nice to her.... I even have declared my love for her

and in an PID she assures me her Love - just before quitting - strange.

By the way, Imoen complains too, but doesnt quit and I lose 1 Point of reputation.

I must have done some very evil and I haven't even noticed it...

Thnx for the Tip:

Huh, I got 39 Points (thats at the end of Cloakwood BEFORE flooding), dont know, if that is much....

This is extremely low. Considering Imoen's reaction you must have done something extremely weird. (What is your reputation?). If not that, you have NOT done a lot of things to support Sandrah (Elminster's shard rescued? Visited Waterdeep? Saved the baby? Defeated Kharrark? Solved the siren's quest with the Waterdeep fishermen without fatal incidents? Cured Leyala?)

I surely havent got all the extras and gimmicks, she has to offer by then...

Not required for this. She should have received her parcel from Elminster for returning the shard, however.

Well, I couldn't enter the orc prison either...

Nope, I meant, I cannot enter the first Area (could see it via ctrl-4 while looking for a clue for Henning, but could not enter.)

And there was no guard - obviously.

We are talking about Cloakwood mines, second level? Imoen is with you and talks about the locked door to the prison cell (vanilla game area). You unlock the door (maybe free Perwell - if you have his mod installed) and go to the steps at the end of the cell corridor...

Spoiler

Edit - some questions -

Do you play an evil character?

Did you upgrade Sandrah version during the playthrough?

No, I play a Neutral Fighter/Mage

No, i havent updated, since its the latest version 1.08 (I assume).

Yes and this version has this feature now

- Sandrah/PC relationship is not always smooth, more chances for disagreement between her and PC, several breakpoints for relationship installed (objecting to her views is encouraged, provided you treat her with respect)

Whatever you did, you failed with her - and it is not always something that is obviously related to her (the Imoen reaction you mention is not from the Sandrah mod, so you did something that Imoen disagrees on as well)

Perhaps I didnt install the hotfixes either - is that it ?

v 1.08 is the latest one, You should really install those fixes for 1.08 if you want to go on - however none of them is related to your current issue.

I would dislike to stop playing, because without Sandrah its no real Fun

Please save Sandrah ;-) - there must be a way

There is always a way (cheat)

Spoiler

Greetings

Jona0

Edited by Roxanne, 28 September 2015 - 11:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#623 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

Sandrah tries to heal spell protected protagonist

Problem

In her role of priestess and healer Sandrah will use her healing spells and scrolls on those party members in need, giving extra priority to the protagonist to keep him/her alive.

One problem from this behaviour was recently identified for the cursed wounds case

http://www.shsforums...-31#entry581160

In further research I found that similar issues may exist for a protagonist wearing protective items or being resistant to magic for other reasons (e.g. race). Sandrah will waste all her spells/scrolls in vain, become useless in battle, occassionally stutter and may also loose some banters this way.

Possible Solutions

I have considered several solutions for this, some simple, some complex, but none I consider ultimate.

The problem is always, how to detect the protagonist's resistance dynamically.

If it is an item worn, it can be detected, however the list of protective items is long and varies with the mods installed. Checking the PC for those items prior to each healing would probably affect gameplay (slowing).

Race is also an issue (e.g. a resistant drow is an elf, while an elf is not resistant, how does she detect that from outside) And how can both conditions be permanently checked and updated in game.

Assuming the PC wants to be healed, you could remove the protection for the healing process and restore afterwards - maybe interesting for a one-time episode but not be feasible for each and every occurance in the game - you would need a cutscene for this that repeats quite often...not my taste.

A spell to bypass the resistance will work, however in this case a penalty must be provided as well, so it will not be considered a cheat. I am considering a *fake* action in which Sandrah applies said spell while by script a healing scroll or potion is at the same time taken from her inventory.

I have taken that last variant for a hotfix for testing and solving possible issues in the test phase but consider the issue open for further suggestions/discussions.

The Sandrah Saga

#624 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 03:12 AM

Sandrah tries to heal spell protected protagonist

Problem

In her role of priestess and healer Sandrah will use her healing spells and scrolls on those party members in need, giving extra priority to the protagonist to keep him/her alive.

One problem from this behaviour was recently identified for the cursed wounds case

http://www.shsforums...-31#entry581160

In further research I found that similar issues may exist for a protagonist wearing protective items or being resistant to magic for other reasons (e.g. race). Sandrah will waste all her spells/scrolls in vain, become useless in battle, occassionally stutter and may also loose some banters this way.

Possible Solutions

I have considered several solutions for this, some simple, some complex, but none I consider ultimate.

The problem is always, how to detect the protagonist's resistance dynamically.

If it is an item worn, it can be detected, however the list of protective items is long and varies with the mods installed. Checking the PC for those items prior to each healing would probably affect gameplay (slowing).

Race is also an issue (e.g. a resistant drow is an elf, while an elf is not resistant, how does she detect that from outside) And how can both conditions be permanently checked and updated in game.

Assuming the PC wants to be healed, you could remove the protection for the healing process and restore afterwards - maybe interesting for a one-time episode but not be feasible for each and every occurance in the game - you would need a cutscene for this that repeats quite often...not my taste.

A spell to bypass the resistance will work, however in this case a penalty must be provided as well, so it will not be considered a cheat. I am considering a *fake* action in which Sandrah applies said spell while by script a healing scroll or potion is at the same time taken from her inventory.

I have taken that last variant for a hotfix for testing and solving possible issues in the test phase but consider the issue open for further suggestions/discussions.

The Sandrah Saga

#625 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

SandrahNPC v1.09 is available

New contents
Vynd crossmod finished
Sandrah - Alora contents added
Numerous dialogue improvements and additions
More journal entries for Sandrah and Jen'lig quests

Inprovements
Sandrah stats and abilities adjusted
Sandrah's lore progression finetuned
Sandrah can identify items using her toom at intervals (needed for her to study) - this was described in the item description of her large book already but did not work correctly as the game calculated her lore value too high
Sandrah's ressurection skill changed to raise dead instead, with a much larger interval for application and higher penalties, some refinements added
Improved Sandra's healing actions if protagonist is spell protected
Added mapnotes in Waterdeep main area
Jen'lig only is available for joining before Nashkel Mines, as her quest cannot be solved afterwards anymore
Marek poison quest - Sandrah alternative refined

Fixes
Jen'lig occasional *dual-class* button disabled (unless you change her stats e.g by toom of gainful exercise or similar)
Fix for SCS cursed wounds spell incompatibility with Sandrah's healing attempts
Restored quest item on Shar Nadal by script for Jen'lig quest after destruction by BP-Balancer component 21
Adjusted some Elminster encounter for Evil PC path.
Bandit Camp without Imoen, fixed a dialogue that provides a hint for Henning which is triggered even if Imoen is not in the party.
Protected Sandrah Talos followers against creature/script tweak mods.
Adjusted Viconia first meeting to evil PC, added Sandrah reaction to Viconia rescue if PC is evil or low reputation.
Drizzt Alone fix for Drizzt Saga, prevents Drizzt's friends to force themselves into the party during Drizzt Saga or Drizzt to leave if you do not take them along.
Trigger the correct dialogue option in the re-build Waterdeep Waukeen temple to open store
Bloomwhiffler sells tooms at correct prices
Fix for replaced Vampiric Sword by some mod

Edited by Roxanne, 10 October 2015 - 11:42 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#626 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:14 AM

Finally the page is available but the dropbox links for Sandrah open with an error telling that there is too much traffic and that they were temporarily disabled.

#627 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:24 AM

Finally the page is available but the dropbox links for Sandrah open with an error telling that there is too much traffic and that they were temporarily disabled.

Fixed

The Sandrah Saga

#628 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

SandrahNPC v1.09 is available

New contents
Vynd crossmod finished
Sandrah - Alora contents added
Numerous dialogue improvements and additions
More journal entries for Sandrah and Jen'lig quests

Inprovements
Sandrah stats and abilities adjusted
Sandrah's lore progression finetuned
Sandrah can identify items using her toom at intervals (needed for her to study) - this was described in the item description of her large book already but did not work correctly as the game calculated her lore value too high
Sandrah's ressurection skill changed to raise dead instead, with a much larger interval for application and higher penalties, some refinements added
Improved Sandra's healing actions if protagonist is spell protected
Added mapnotes in Waterdeep main area
Jen'lig only is available for joining before Nashkel Mines, as her quest cannot be solved afterwards anymore
Marek poison quest - Sandrah alternative refined

Fixes
Jen'lig occasional *dual-class* button disabled (unless you change her stats e.g by toom of gainful exercise or similar)
Fix for SCS cursed wounds spell incompatibility with Sandrah's healing attempts
Restored quest item on Shar Nadal by script for Jen'lig quest after destruction by BP-Balancer component 21
Adjusted some Elminster encounter for Evil PC path.
Bandit Camp without Imoen, fixed a dialogue that provides a hint for Henning which is triggered even if Imoen is not in the party.
Protected Sandrah Talos followers against creature/script tweak mods.
Adjusted Viconia first meeting to evil PC, added Sandrah reaction to Viconia rescue if PC is evil or low reputation.
Drizzt Alone fix for Drizzt Saga, prevents Drizzt's friends to force themselves into the party during Drizzt Saga or Drizzt to leave if you do not take them along.
Trigger the correct dialogue option in the re-build Waterdeep Waukeen temple to open store
Bloomwhiffler sells tooms at correct prices
Fix for replaced Vampiric Sword by some mod

These two components do not work when you upgrade to the new version in an ongoing game

• Sandrah's lore progression finetuned
  • Sandrah can identify items using her toom at intervals (needed for her to study) - this was described in the item description of her large book already but did not work correctly as the game calculated her lore value too high

If you want to use them on a saved game, some additional steps (using Near Infinity) would be required.

1. Open Sandrah.cre with NI in a save. Set her lore value to 45 or 55 (depending if her level is above or below 5)
  2. With NI add Global or with CluaConsole SetGlobal("SanbookT","GLOBAL",0) - even though the value is 0, the Global must exist to trigger GlobalTimerExpired("SanbookT","GLOBAL") that controls her large book to allow identifying items at certain intervals.

Aside from this fix, obviously the improvements on Jen'lig and Sandrah stats can only be effective in new games (unless you fix them yourself via NI in your savegame).

The Sandrah Saga

#629 -Jona0-

-Jona0-

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Hello again,

sorry for beeing late, but the progress is so interesting...

I just noticed, it was only version 1.07 - I could have vowed it was 1.08....

But makes that a difference ?

This is extremely low. Considering Imoen's reaction you must have done something extremely weird. (What is your reputation?). If not that, you have NOT done a lot of things to support Sandrah (Elminster's shard rescued? Visited Waterdeep? Saved the baby? Defeated Kharrark? Solved the siren's quest with the Waterdeep fishermen without fatal incidents? Cured Leyala?)

Yes, NOW I've got all these Quests, after the aforementioned problems....

And it gets better all the way...

BUT, there is always a but, isnt it?

1. Jenlig is hard to control - she always rushes into batte even ignoring the AI flag.....

2. Breagar starts with the speech for BG2 - in Candlekeep! - and if I dismiss him, he will be at Cromwell ...

But I dont know if its your Sandrah Mod or the Breagar Mod...

3. Yes, I peeked into the start of BG2 - (I'm curious, I know).

If jenligs there, she always goes 1-2 Steps and then stops, ignoring even ctrl-J!

She will also not search for traps etc.

If I dismiss her, all is well again

Without her in BG2, who will be my thief in Irenicus Dungeon ?

oh well, I cannot download your new version, the link is still disabled.

because I'm pondering if I will restart the game then (hopefully with less "errors").

Greetings

Jona0

#630 -Jona0-

-Jona0-

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hello again,

1. Jenlig is hard to control - she always rushes into batte even ignoring the AI flag.....

2. Breagar starts with the speech for BG2 - in Candlekeep! - and if I dismiss him, he will be at Cromwell ...

If jenligs there, she always goes 1-2 Steps and then stops, ignoring even ctrl-J!

because I'm pondering if I will restart the game then (hopefully with less "errors").

Greetings

Jona0

#631 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:24 AM

Hello again,

Yes she is - see here http://www.shsforums...-28#entry580689

This has nothing to do with Sandrah mod - Sandrah only has some normal banters with Breagar when both of them are in the party later in the game. Sandrah neither adds nor changes any Breagar contents.

This is expected - you cheated her into BG2 and she does not belong there >>> she reference 1)

It works for some but not for everyone, some problem with Dropbox and capacity it seems. I am just adding an alternative link to the download page - if you use it please read the little extra instruction.

Greetings

Jona0

The Sandrah Saga

#632 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

Alternative download link from GitHub in case you encounter a capacity problem from the Dropbox link,

SandrahNPC

SandrahRtF

The Github downloads come as *master.zip* which you extract to somewhere on your computer NOT the game folder, Afterwards move the mod folder, the setup.exe and the setup.tp2 to the game folder and install with the setup.exe.

(When using BWS the script will do such things for you.)

Edited by Roxanne, 13 October 2015 - 06:09 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#633 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Alternative download link from GitHub in case you encounter a capacity problem from the Dropbox link,

SandrahNPC

SandrahRtF

The Github downloads come as *master.zip* which you extract to somewhere on your computer NOT the game folder, Afterwards move the mod folder, the setup.exe and the setup.tp2 to the game folder and install with the setup.exe.

(When using BWS the script will do such things for you.)

Due to the ongoing trouble with Dropbox, the links have now been removed. The mod can be downloaded from Github only.

The Sandrah Saga

#634 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

Here's an assortment of observations and issues I've had with Sandrah, mostly pertaining to Waterdeep but also a big problem with the Cloakwood sequence. I am using Sandrah v1.08 with hotfixes, so I don't know for sure if any of this has been addressed in the v1.09 release.

================================
There are several persistent mis-spellings in the Sandrah related material I'd like to point out, so that you can fix them as you go through your dialogue checks...

"toom" - this should be "tome" (referring to "book")
"persue" - this should be "pursue"
"save" - this is used in several cases when contextually it should be "safe"

Coq (the guy in the super-expensive restaurant) - for some reason he's green-circled. He's not in the party nor controllable, so it doesn't seem to have any game effect, but it's odd.

Just after leaving the Coq restaurant, a dialogue fires with Sandrah thanking the <charname> for a nice evening, and asking that they go to her [Elminster's] house. Unfortunately this dialogue still happens even if you've already been to their house prior to going to Coq's, as I had...

The door to Whyrtman's house (which, incidentally, really should be given a map marker once the Umberlee followers tell you about it) still shows the question mark and the "the growling of a large dog prevents you from entering" dialogue popup. I initially thought that this was a bug, but thanks to pure chance I happened to discover that the door IS available to enter...but you have to place the cursor juuuuuust right in order to make the "enter door" icon appear. I'd estimate that about 90% of what would be a typical doorway is obscured by the question mark, leaving a vary narrow chance that a player will see the "enter door" icon. 

===============================
Waterdeep needs an inn! As far as I can tell, there's no place to rest while within the city. Besides, a city without any traditional inns just seems...weird. Even Nashkel has one...

Mystra's Dagger appears to have what I believe to be German-style stats (for example, Damage: 1W4+4, ETW0 Bonus: -4). The text is English, it's just the stats.

As a player, I still find it greatly annoying to not have a description of what the various Sandrah-related magic items and spells/innates actually do. I'm having to test-save and experiment with the innates, for example, to understand what they are...and in some cases, I still don't really know if I have a grasp on what to expect from some of them. I've found that I've ignored most of her innates that aren't obvious analogs of normal-game spells, simply because I don't know what they are. (On a whim I tried a few of the unknown ones yesterday, just now realizing what "Mystra's Army" does, for one. I still don't know details about what I'm seeing - we need "spell descriptions", please - but the visual effects are very impressive, to say the least.)

As for the items...yeah, I get it that Mystra is all mysterious and all....but c'mon, Sandrah can identify every OTHER item on Faerun, but not her own? It just doesn't make sense. 

I've had major issues with the sequence that starts where Henning is rescued:

-When first entering the final room with Knawlod and Henning, I fought through some orogs but Knawlod was blue-circled and didn't initiate any dialogue until spoken to. However, Henning himself was red-circled as if hostile - my party actually attacked him.

-I initiated dialogue with Knawlod before my group could potentially kill Henning (I think. He didn't die, anyhow. I'm not sure if he could have...)

-After killing Knawlod, Sandrah spoke of the need to take him to Waterdeep for Elminster to heal him. She left the group with Henning.

-We went back up to the entry room for the Cloakwood Dungeon level 2 and found Sandrah had returned, but her dialogue options (when <Charname> spoke to her) were only the standard PID flirts and such. Her "I'm back, Henning will be okay" dialogue did NOT fire until I had a different party member (Minsc in this case) talk to her. She then explained about Henning's ten-day healing time, but still didn't join the party. 

-After this dialogue she's still blue-circled and now won't talk to anyone but <charname>, and still only gives PID responses to him. There's apparently no way aside from Ctrl-Q to get her back in the party.

-While blue-circled, I kept seeing "Inventory Full, item dropped on the ground", referring to Sandrah. Turns out these were the scrolls mentioned below, as they didn't stack when appearing in her inventory, and she didn't have enough room for them all.

-While blue-circled, Pelligram is missing. I think this is by design, as she hadn't yet rejoined (Pelligram disappeared when she did.)

-AFTER doing the Ctrl-Q to have Sandrah rejoin, Pelligram reappears but is caught in some sort of weird repeating loop where he runs down the level 2 entry hallway (northeast), then instantly teleports to Sandrah's exact location, displacing her to the side. This happens over and over again. 

-After rejoining the party, Sandrah is missing most of the items she had when she left (a few vanilla things did transfer to <charname>). Most notably she's missing her personal items: book, armor, hammer, necklace, belt, and both rings. These are not in anyone else's invetory. These items were not left on the ground in the area where she left, nor in the area where she reappeared. They're simply gone.

-At the same time, Sandrah starts having items appear - or continue to appear, about once every 20 seconds or so - in her inventory; as it turns out these were all scrolls of Cure Serious Wounds that she'd had in a scrollcase or on her person when she left with Henning. The Scrollcase transferred to <Charname> but some of the scrolls within it did not (and yet, some scrolls of differing types did remain in the case.) 

-After what I think was all of the scrolls had reappeared, I kept seeing "The party has gained an item" about every 20 seconds, but now with no new items showing up. Sandrah's personal equipment still hadn't reappeared, 20+ minutes after she rejoined via Ctrl-Q. Other equipment she had when this started (some boots, a shield, 3 other weapons she rarely uses, some ammo, a helm, and some gauntlets) did not disappear in the first place. 

-Sandrah is stuttering (won't walk properly) after rejoining, until I left Cloakwood level 2. 

-I left the area (went back down to the Orc caves) and Pelligram stopped the teleporting stutter, with Sandrah also now walking properly. Her stuff still never came back, though.

I plan to replay this entire sequence later, to see if anything different happens. As things are now, I'll have to resort to NearInfinity/CLUAConsole/Shadowkeeper to get Sandrah's items back before moving on into the rest of the normal Cloakwood storyline.

#635 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

Here's an assortment of observations and issues I've had with Sandrah, mostly pertaining to Waterdeep but also a big problem with the Cloakwood sequence. I am using Sandrah v1.08 with hotfixes, so I don't know for sure if any of this has been addressed in the v1.09 release.

There are several persistent mis-spellings in the Sandrah related material I'd like to point out, so that you can fix them as you go through your dialogue checks...

Coq (the guy in the super-expensive restaurant) - for some reason he's green-circled. He's not in the party nor controllable, so it doesn't seem to have any game effect, but it's odd.

Just after leaving the Coq restaurant, a dialogue fires with Sandrah thanking the <charname> for a nice evening, and asking that they go to her [Elminster's] house. Unfortunately this dialogue still happens even if you've already been to their house prior to going to Coq's, as I had...

The door to Whyrtman's house (which, incidentally, really should be given a map marker once the Umberlee followers tell you about it) still shows the question mark and the "the growling of a large dog prevents you from entering" dialogue popup. I initially thought that this was a bug, but thanks to pure chance I happened to discover that the door IS available to enter...but you have to place the cursor juuuuuust right in order to make the "enter door" icon appear. I'd estimate that about 90% of what would be a typical doorway is obscured by the question mark, leaving a vary narrow chance that a player will see the "enter door" icon. 

Waterdeep needs an inn! As far as I can tell, there's no place to rest while within the city. Besides, a city without any traditional inns just seems...weird. Even Nashkel has one...

Mystra's Dagger appears to have what I believe to be German-style stats (for example, Damage: 1W4+4, ETW0 Bonus: -4). The text is English, it's just the stats.

As a player, I still find it greatly annoying to not have a description of what the various Sandrah-related magic items and spells/innates actually do. I'm having to test-save and experiment with the innates, for example, to understand what they are...and in some cases, I still don't really know if I have a grasp on what to expect from some of them. I've found that I've ignored most of her innates that aren't obvious analogs of normal-game spells, simply because I don't know what they are. (On a whim I tried a few of the unknown ones yesterday, just now realizing what "Mystra's Army" does, for one. I still don't know details about what I'm seeing - we need "spell descriptions", please - but the visual effects are very impressive, to say the least.)

As for the items...yeah, I get it that Mystra is all mysterious and all....but c'mon, Sandrah can identify every OTHER item on Faerun, but not her own? It just doesn't make sense. 

-When first entering the final room with Knawlod and Henning, I fought through some orogs but Knawlod was blue-circled and didn't initiate any dialogue until spoken to. However, Henning himself was red-circled as if hostile - my party actually attacked him.

-I initiated dialogue with Knawlod before my group could potentially kill Henning (I think. He didn't die, anyhow. I'm not sure if he could have...)

-After killing Knawlod, Sandrah spoke of the need to take him to Waterdeep for Elminster to heal him. She left the group with Henning.

-We went back up to the entry room for the Cloakwood Dungeon level 2 and found Sandrah had returned, but her dialogue options (when <Charname> spoke to her) were only the standard PID flirts and such. Her "I'm back, Henning will be okay" dialogue did NOT fire until I had a different party member (Minsc in this case) talk to her. She then explained about Henning's ten-day healing time, but still didn't join the party. 

-After this dialogue she's still blue-circled and now won't talk to anyone but <charname>, and still only gives PID responses to him. There's apparently no way aside from Ctrl-Q to get her back in the party.

-While blue-circled, I kept seeing "Inventory Full, item dropped on the ground", referring to Sandrah. Turns out these were the scrolls mentioned below, as they didn't stack when appearing in her inventory, and she didn't have enough room for them all.

-While blue-circled, Pelligram is missing. I think this is by design, as she hadn't yet rejoined (Pelligram disappeared when she did.)

-AFTER doing the Ctrl-Q to have Sandrah rejoin, Pelligram reappears but is caught in some sort of weird repeating loop where he runs down the level 2 entry hallway (northeast), then instantly teleports to Sandrah's exact location, displacing her to the side. This happens over and over again. 

-After rejoining the party, Sandrah is missing most of the items she had when she left (a few vanilla things did transfer to <charname>). Most notably she's missing her personal items: book, armor, hammer, necklace, belt, and both rings. These are not in anyone else's invetory. These items were not left on the ground in the area where she left, nor in the area where she reappeared. They're simply gone.

-At the same time, Sandrah starts having items appear - or continue to appear, about once every 20 seconds or so - in her inventory; as it turns out these were all scrolls of Cure Serious Wounds that she'd had in a scrollcase or on her person when she left with Henning. The Scrollcase transferred to <Charname> but some of the scrolls within it did not (and yet, some scrolls of differing types did remain in the case.) 

-After what I think was all of the scrolls had reappeared, I kept seeing "The party has gained an item" about every 20 seconds, but now with no new items showing up. Sandrah's personal equipment still hadn't reappeared, 20+ minutes after she rejoined via Ctrl-Q. Other equipment she had when this started (some boots, a shield, 3 other weapons she rarely uses, some ammo, a helm, and some gauntlets) did not disappear in the first place. 

-Sandrah is stuttering (won't walk properly) after rejoining, until I left Cloakwood level 2. 

-I left the area (went back down to the Orc caves) and Pelligram stopped the teleporting stutter, with Sandrah also now walking properly. Her stuff still never came back, though.

I plan to replay this entire sequence later, to see if anything different happens. As things are now, I'll have to resort to NearInfinity/CLUAConsole/Shadowkeeper to get Sandrah's items back before moving on into the rest of the normal Cloakwood storyline.

The whole cloakwood sequence seems to be spoiled by Henning turning hostile at the very start of it. The culprit for that obviously is another mod's component that makes standard scripts react to calls for help from all surrounding creatures, in this case he reacts to the orcs using the same script.

I suggest that you use NI to deasign all scripts from Shopknhu.cre (except for shopkn.bcs) to avoid this mis-start.

It appears that the situation created by this has messed up the rest of that sequence, especially the failure of setting of some globals that have caused the rest of the effects you have described.

A question - did you give a scrollcase to Sandrah? There may be an issue here - I NEVER use containers in my games and I never tested this. It is possible that there is some conflict with having items in containers and Sandrah's script to protect her items that I never found before because of this. Should that be the case, I need to investigate for a solution.

PS I will look into the other issues you reported later, and post some responses - it is a lot of stuff but thanks to your detail, it is extremely helpful - thanks once more for that.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 October 2015 - 09:16 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#636 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

Yes, thank you.

Those two were on my list of neglected issues, I alwasy wanted to do that and i always forgot. Now you gave me the necessary push to do it.
I will change the script to remove watchdog when the door becomes available. In CVROA2.bcs
Spoiler

There are inns but not in the quarter accesible on the initial visits - there is the Festhall to rest and drink (at Waterdeep prizes) and the dwarf pub (where they do not like you), Bloonwhifflers and the Temple for shopping. The Temple of Splendor will sell stuff later after it has been restored. You can rest at Sandrah's home of course.

Corrected.

Sandrah's items are among those things that have undergone massive changes during the test phase of the mod and they are still not finished. Once that issue is closed, there may be some descriptions but right now they would be hard to maintain.
And - with the changes in V1.09 the identify everything has been replaced by a now functioning ability of her tome (not toom) to look up a thing every now and then.

The whole cloakwood sequence seems to be spoiled by Henning turning hostile at the very start of it. The culprit for that obviously is another mod's component that makes standard scripts react to calls for help from all surrounding creatures, in this case he reacts to the orcs using the same script.

I suggest that you use NI to deasign all scripts from Shopknhu.cre (except for shopkn.bcs) to avoid this mis-start.

It appears that the situation created by this has messed up the rest of that sequence, especially the failure of setting of some globals that have caused the rest of the effects you have described.

A question - did you give a scrollcase to Sandrah? There may be an issue here - I NEVER use containers in my games and I never tested this. It is possible that there is some conflict with having items in containers and Sandrah's script to protect her items that I never found before because of this. Should that be the case, I need to investigate for a solution.

PS I will look into the other issues you reported later, and post some responses - it is a lot of stuff but thanks to your detail, it is extremely helpful - thanks once more for that.

The Sandrah Saga

#637 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

geh4th, on 15 Oct 2015 - 17:04, said:snapback.png

http://www.shsforums...-32#entry581518

Roxanne, on 15 Oct 2015 - 21:50, said:
I have looked again into the very detailed description of the events you provided.

One issue is Hennings going hostile which I fix by de-assigning *standard* scripts that can be tweaked by other mods.

I am now convinced that the main problem here was the bag of scrolls filled with multiple healing scrolls.
- When leaving the party, the default game behaviour is to take the scrollbag from her and giving it to PC.
- This triggers her script to gain such scrolls - here it triggers multiple times (for each one inside the bag) - at the same time her inventory overflows and she drops items - all that happens while the area script transfers her with Henning for the rejoining and tries to set Globals and Locals. The outcome is messy.
>>> there is a quite simple solution for this specific case which I will implement right away (exclude a number of areas for the healing script).
- However, I am afraid there may be a much deeper issue in general with Sandrah having items she requires stuffed in containers (e.g. I am not sure what happens when you put Mystra's Hammer into a bag of holding and let her carry it). Would be interesting to see if someone experienced an issue with containers of any type on her.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 October 2015 - 01:25 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#638 geh4th

geh4th
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:05 PM

I have looked again into the very detailed description of the events you provided.

One issue is Hennings going hostile which I fix by de-assigning *standard* scripts that can be tweaked by other mods.

I am now convinced that the main problem here was the bag of scrolls filled with multiple healing scrolls.
- When leaving the party, the default game behaviour is to take the scrollbag from her and giving it to PC.
- This triggers her script to gain such scrolls - here it triggers multiple times (for each one inside the bag) - at the same time her inventory overflows and she drops items - all that happens while the area script transfers her with Henning for the rejoining and tries to set Globals and Locals. The outcome is messy.
>>> there is a quite simple solution for this specific case which I will implement right away (exclude a number of areas for the healing script).
- However, I am afraid there may be a much deeper issue in general with Sandrah having items she requires stuffed in containers (e.g. I am not sure what happens when you put Mystra's Hammer into a bag of holding and let her carry it). Would be interesting to see if someone experienced an issue with containers of any type on her.

Based on your thoughts I did some testing in the limited time I had today. Here is some info:

-Yes, Sandrah had some containers; I've been using her as my primary pack-rat. She carries a bag of holding, a potion case, a gem bag, and (most relevant in this case) a scroll case. Excepting the scroll case and it's contents, none of the other containers nor any of their contents seemed to have anything to do with the problems I've described.

-The scroll case contains a variety of cleric-only spell scrolls along with some "protection from X" scrolls. The former includes a number of  "Cure Serious Wounds" scrolls.

-Sandrah also has a stack of 14 more "Cure Serious Wounds" scrolls in a quick-slot.

-She's had this particular scroll case since I acquired it - I don't recall where or when that was, but it was a long time back - and I've never had any reason to move it to anyone else, since I regard it as my "clerical scrolls" container and she's my primary healer.

On to the experiments...

1) I loaded a save immediately prior to entering the level with Knawlod and Henning. Nothing was wrong at this point, at least that I knew of.

2) I removed each container from Sandrah and gave them to another party member (turns out it doesn't matter who except in one situation.) Nothing unusual happens when I give the gem bag, bag of holding, and potion case to anyone in the group.

3) With respect to the Scroll Case itself, if I give it to anyone EXCEPT <charname>, nothing unusual happens.

4) Now for the fun part - if I give the scroll case to <charname>, Sandrah starts spontaneously creating "Cure Serious Wounds" scrolls in her inventory, and it appears to go on indefinitely. (I stopped counting when she had more than were originally in the scroll case.) She drops the extras on the ground, but if I move her and then bring her back to that spot, there's only one scroll on the ground. If I stack them up in her inventory, the scroll creation process resumes until she's full, then one more appears on the ground, until I move her again. This doesn't stop.

5) If I give the stack of 14 CSW scrolls in Sandrah's quickslot to anyone else, nothing happens. If I give this stack to <charname>, I get a "the party has gained an item" (only once), and find that the scroll stack disappears from <charname> and reappears on Sandrah, stacked, in her inventory.

6) I backed up to prior saves (going back game-months, even) and found that these events happen regardless of what area or map I'm on. So it is NOT area-specific. It may not even necessarily be container-specific (as seen in #5 above)....but it does seem to be "Cure Serious Wounds" scroll specific.

I have NOT investigated the "hostile Henning" issue any further yet, nor the disappearance of Sandrah's personal items (since I didn't retry the Sandrah-leaves-party-then-returns-upstairs part yet.)

#639 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

Based on your thoughts I did some testing in the limited time I had today. Here is some info:

-Yes, Sandrah had some containers; I've been using her as my primary pack-rat. She carries a bag of holding, a potion case, a gem bag, and (most relevant in this case) a scroll case. Excepting the scroll case and it's contents, none of the other containers nor any of their contents seemed to have anything to do with the problems I've described.

-The scroll case contains a variety of cleric-only spell scrolls along with some "protection from X" scrolls. The former includes a number of  "Cure Serious Wounds" scrolls.

-Sandrah also has a stack of 14 more "Cure Serious Wounds" scrolls in a quick-slot.

-She's had this particular scroll case since I acquired it - I don't recall where or when that was, but it was a long time back - and I've never had any reason to move it to anyone else, since I regard it as my "clerical scrolls" container and she's my primary healer.

On to the experiments...

1) I loaded a save immediately prior to entering the level with Knawlod and Henning. Nothing was wrong at this point, at least that I knew of.

2) I removed each container from Sandrah and gave them to another party member (turns out it doesn't matter who except in one situation.) Nothing unusual happens when I give the gem bag, bag of holding, and potion case to anyone in the group.

3) With respect to the Scroll Case itself, if I give it to anyone EXCEPT <charname>, nothing unusual happens.

4) Now for the fun part - if I give the scroll case to <charname>, Sandrah starts spontaneously creating "Cure Serious Wounds" scrolls in her inventory, and it appears to go on indefinitely. (I stopped counting when she had more than were originally in the scroll case.) She drops the extras on the ground, but if I move her and then bring her back to that spot, there's only one scroll on the ground. If I stack them up in her inventory, the scroll creation process resumes until she's full, then one more appears on the ground, until I move her again. This doesn't stop.

5) If I give the stack of 14 CSW scrolls in Sandrah's quickslot to anyone else, nothing happens. If I give this stack to <charname>, I get a "the party has gained an item" (only once), and find that the scroll stack disappears from <charname> and reappears on Sandrah, stacked, in her inventory.

6) I backed up to prior saves (going back game-months, even) and found that these events happen regardless of what area or map I'm on. So it is NOT area-specific. It may not even necessarily be container-specific (as seen in #5 above)....but it does seem to be "Cure Serious Wounds" scroll specific.

I have NOT investigated the "hostile Henning" issue any further yet, nor the disappearance of Sandrah's personal items (since I didn't retry the Sandrah-leaves-party-then-returns-upstairs part yet.)

Thank you once more for those details, the problem here is obvious now.

- when you pick up your first healing scroll (randomly but early in the game) there is a conversation with the PC about the use of such scrolls for a healer etc, From that point on she will take care of the party's health as far as she can.

- normally she picks those scrolls from the PC's inventory and transfers them to her own (only PC, no other party members) In this case the scroll disappears in your inventory and shows up in hers (even if they do not stack automatically).

- she should stop that if she has enough scrolls herself. (First think for me to change is to reduce the number of scrolls she takes to avoid her inventory to overflow - currently is 25 = too high)

- with the scroll case on the PC the issue is different; the game detects that PC has a scroll in the inventory >> Sandrah tries to transfer it into her own, however that idoes not seem to work, i.e. items in a container are treated differently from items in the inventory itself, the scrolls do not reduce/disappear in the bag,

The best way to solve this issue is probably to remove this function for Sandrah completely (It is normally not a problem just like you have stated in your description, but it can happen in a number of specific cases where Sandrah will go out on her own for some time - these cases are not hardcoded, so there is no simple solution to switch that behaviour on and off)

For your re-run the easy solution would be to give the scrollcase to another party member (not the PC) before you go to face Knawlod.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 October 2015 - 10:16 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#640 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

@Roxanne:

@908=~ Install Consistent Imoen
Choose one
[1] Imoen appears as a mage throughout the game, 
she will have additional contents and three major quests with Sandrah in BG1. 
She will appear again in Return to Faerun. 
Original content and Imoen related mods are not affected by this change.
[2] No change for Imoen, she will be incompatible with this mod.~
@909=~ Your choice of Imoen is not compatible with the Sandrah mod and Return to Faerun. Installation abandonded.~

That's not an actual choice, you could just make the other option to not include this code portion:

COPY_EXISTING ~Imoen1.CRE~ ~override/Imoen1.CRE~
              ~Imoen2.CRE~ ~override/Imoen2.CRE~
              ~Imoen4.CRE~ ~override/Imoen4.CRE~
              ~Imoen6.CRE~ ~override/Imoen6.CRE~
              ~Imoen15.CRE~ ~override/Imoen15.CRE~
              ~Imoen61.CRE~ ~override/Imoen61.CRE~
              ~Imoen10.CRE~ ~override/Imoen10.CRE~
              ~Imoen211.CRE~ ~override/Imoen211.CRE~
              ~Imoen213.CRE~ ~override/Imoen213.CRE~
              ~Imoendrm.cre~ ~override/Imoendrm.CRE~
 WRITE_LONG 0x244 0 //Kit
 WRITE_BYTE 0x273 1 //Class Mage
 WRITE_BYTE 0x238 17 // 17 STR
 WRITE_ASCII 0x34 ~Nimoens~
 WRITE_ASCII 0x3c ~Nimoenm~

And it would be totally fine. Name the component, "Story inconsistent Imoen". And make it an optional component, not a choice of aborting the mod install.

Edited by The Imp, 16 October 2015 - 10:58 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.