[closed]

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#1021 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

Hello Roxanne,well, today is Sandrah day for me. I hope you are in mood to shed some light on few things that interest me about her.  :)
First I would like to know did I perhaps missed to read some crucial information on her beside Sandrah readme, Sandrah mod interplay and Sandrah BG1 not walkthrough? Maybe it would't be bad idea to make separate forum for her and pinn stuff like this for convenience: http://www.shsforums...28#entry580689. Browsing through all 50 odd pages of this thread left me dizzy.  :blink: But that is just me. Feel free to post your answers in spoilers if you like, don't know if I should hide my questions though...

The forum was for all issues during the BGT test phase, so yes, a number of issues here are meanwhile outdated as the mod has been continuosly been modified (enhanced?). As soon as EET will be released the thread will be closed and I may ressurect some contents as a *FAQ" topic for the new EET Version.

Mind, even if the mod is new for you - the BGT version is history not be be maintained for much longer.

1. First about NPCs from your mod, if I kick anyone from party or refuse to let them join me first time when I met them are they automatically gone forever? Especially Sandrah, is her romance destroyed and she is gone for good if I leave her for even one day? Don't misunderstand me, I intend to use her almost constantly, after all this mod is about her, but with so many cool NPCs from mods in BWS ( some of them push themselves in party and if you don't accept them or you kick them they are offended and gone ) which I intend to try all even briefly I would really like to know if I can part with her briefly without consequences. 

In BG1 part you can recruit Sandrah herself and Jen'lig, the githyanki thief.

You can take Jen'lig only prior to Nashkel (otherwise her quest is not working) and kicking her out makes her go forever - this is part of her personality and explained in the game.

You must accept Sandrah initially into the party, otherwise she will leave to persue her quest on her own. You can make her wait for you during the early chapters of BG1 at various locations - you may or may not be able to get her back into the party, this depends on your own conduct towards her and on the quests you did or missed while she was not with you. At some points it makes no sense to have her anymore as you cannot finish her plot anyway. (Note: There are some occasions when she leaves by herself to do something but she comes back again, similar to Jaheira in BG2).

You must have her in the party when you face Sarevok.

2. About that special NPCs, I see that you have crossmod content with some of them, I wonder did you altered them to wait for PC if you can't or won't accept them immediately or kick them out
Spoiler

Spoiler

3. I would like to know is your mod compatible with Vecna? I must see this hardcore powergamer dream mode which make Ascension and Planar sphere like a cakewalk. I know that Sandrah has no content for it, but that mod seems to require usage of teleport spell, can Sandrah parcel  substitute that, or if I use teleport spell in limited way ( only for this mod ) will there be unwanted consequences? Same goes for traveler stone from Berelinde's lite tweaks. 

Vecna and NEJ are filed under UNKNOWN - technically there should not be issues with WEIDU mods - contentswise (is there any content in Vecna?) I have no idea. I cannot guarantee that some features (Sandrah's teleport, her companion Pelligram etc) will work in Vecna - it is never tested. Vecna bored me too much to ever care, I never did NEJ due to its storyline too far outside the game - for the EET Version there will be contents instead for IWD.

4.Turnabout is only partially compatible with Sandrah. Does that means that I will not get backup from that mod in final showdown or that your mod will be broken if I install it?

You may have both mods installed but if you still have Sandrah in your party when you go into the final chapter of ToB, you will not be able to summon all Turnabout creatures. Some of the creatures in Turnabout are not compatible with the extended ending of ToB that allows you to continue with the RtF sequel. (Those summoned creatures will disrupt the final Solar dialogue when Sandrah is there). However, if you kick out Sandrah before (or if she leaves you), Turnabout will work fully.

Spoiler
:lol:

I have no idea how this is related to Turnabout?

5. About some portraits from this mod, can I safely delete some that I don't like/need when I download it without worry that I will mess up its installation and whole BWS. 

That's all I can think of at the moment, thanks in advance.

Answered in some other post already. Those portraits are just there to make the NPCs integrated with Sandrah look the same every time you meet them, as some of them come with different faces from different mods, like Kivan, Jaheira, Drizzt etc. Just chose your own portrait you like - if you give the BMP files the names used by Sandrah, you should get consistent creatures.

Edited by Roxanne, 08 February 2016 - 09:09 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1022 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:14 AM

Re #5, I read the question as "will the mod fail to install if you delete the BMP files from the mod's install folders before running the setup" .. and I think the answer depends if the mod uses COPY on specific BMP files (if missing, this would cause the install to fail) or a regex (wouldn't care if some BMPs were removed).

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#1023 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

Re #5, I read the question as "will the mod fail to install if you delete the BMP files from the mod's install folders before running the setup" .. and I think the answer depends if the mod uses COPY on specific BMP files (if missing, this would cause the install to fail) or a regex (wouldn't care if some BMPs were removed).

as "will the mod fail to install if you delete the BMP files from the mod's install folders before running the setup" .

Yes, In this case it will fail - but of course you may either replace those files before or afterwards.

PS - this is already changed for EET.

The Sandrah Saga

#1024 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

Hello Roxanne,well, today is Sandrah day for me. I hope you are in mood to shed some light on few things that interest me about her.  :)
First I would like to know did I perhaps missed to read some crucial information on her beside Sandrah readme, Sandrah mod interplay and Sandrah BG1 not walkthrough? Maybe it would't be bad idea to make separate forum for her and pinn stuff like this for convenience: http://www.shsforums...28#entry580689. Browsing through all 50 odd pages of this thread left me dizzy.  :blink: But that is just me. Feel free to post your answers in spoilers if you like, don't know if I should hide my questions though...

The forum was for all issues during the BGT test phase, so yes, a number of issues here are meanwhile outdated as the mod has been continuosly been modified (enhanced?). As soon as EET will be released the thread will be closed and I may ressurect some contents as a *FAQ" topic for the new EET Version.
Mind, even if the mod is new for you - the BGT version is history not be be maintained for much longer.

1. First about NPCs from your mod, if I kick anyone from party or refuse to let them join me first time when I met them are they automatically gone forever? Especially Sandrah, is her romance destroyed and she is gone for good if I leave her for even one day? Don't misunderstand me, I intend to use her almost constantly, after all this mod is about her, but with so many cool NPCs from mods in BWS ( some of them push themselves in party and if you don't accept them or you kick them they are offended and gone ) which I intend to try all even briefly I would really like to know if I can part with her briefly without consequences. 

You can take Jen'lig only prior to Nashkel (otherwise her quest is not working) and kicking her out makes her go forever - this is part of her personality and explained in the game.
You must accept Sandrah initially into the party, otherwise she will leave to persue her quest on her own. You can make her wait for you during the early chapters of BG1 at various locations - you may or may not be able to get her back into the party, this depends on your own conduct towards her and on the quests you did or missed while she was not with you. At some points it makes no sense to have her anymore as you cannot finish her plot anyway. (Note: There are some occasions when she leaves by herself to do something but she comes back again, similar to Jaheira in BG2).
2. About that special NPCs, I see that you have crossmod content with some of them, I wonder did you altered them to wait for PC if you can't or won't accept them immediately or kick them out
Spoiler
Spoiler
3. I would like to know is your mod compatible with Vecna? I must see this hardcore powergamer dream mode which make Ascension and Planar sphere like a cakewalk. I know that Sandrah has no content for it, but that mod seems to require usage of teleport spell, can Sandrah parcel  substitute that, or if I use teleport spell in limited way ( only for this mod ) will there be unwanted consequences? Same goes for traveler stone from Berelinde's lite tweaks. 
Vecna and NEJ are filed under UNKNOWN - technically there should not be issues with WEIDU mods - contentswise (is there any content in Vecna?) I have no idea. I cannot guarantee that some features (Sandrah's teleport, her companion Pelligram etc) will work in Vecna - it is never tested. Vecna bored me too much to ever care, I never did NEJ due to its storyline too far outside the game - for the EET Version there will be contents instead for IWD.
4.Turnabout is only partially compatible with Sandrah. Does that means that I will not get backup from that mod in final showdown or that your mod will be broken if I install it?
You may have both mods installed but if you still have Sandrah in your party when you go into the final chapter of ToB, you will not be able to summon all Turnabout creatures. Some of the creatures in Turnabout are not compatible with the extended ending of ToB that allows you to continue with the RtF sequel. (Those summoned creatures will disrupt the final Solar dialogue when Sandrah is there). However, if you kick out Sandrah before (or if she leaves you), Turnabout will work fully.
Spoiler
5. About some portraits from this mod, can I safely delete some that I don't like/need when I download it without worry that I will mess up its installation and whole BWS. 
Answered in some other post already. Those portraits are just there to make the NPCs integrated with Sandrah look the same every time you meet them, as some of them come with different faces from different mods, like Kivan, Jaheira, Drizzt etc. Just chose your own portrait you like - if you give the BMP files the names used by Sandrah, you should get consistent creatures.

Thanks for answers. About that second question I meant more like:

Spoiler

About Turnabout

Spoiler

About portraits, yeah, I can replace all portraits manually, all right, but if I delete lets say Mazzy's portrait from mod package before installation will Sandrah fail to install due to missing file?

#1025 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:49 AM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

About Turnabout

Spoiler
The epilogues for the case you take the RtF road are something that is yet unfinished, I have to confess. They will remain unfinished for BGT, I am afraid. For EET I have already decided on a different concept - you either get the *normal* endings provided by the mods in case you finish at ToB - or you will get only epilogue for those that will not appear in RtF at all. i.e. nothing is precluded if you decide to continue the game.

About portraits, yeah, I can replace all portraits manually, all right, but if I delete lets say Mazzy's portrait from mod package before installation will Sandrah fail to install due to missing file? Yes

Edited by Roxanne, 08 February 2016 - 09:50 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1026 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yasraena is untouched - as long as her original storyline is concerned. She gets an option later (after Underdark) when you discovered some Eilestrae shelter where she and Divalir may wait.

About Turnabout

Spoiler
The epilogues for the case you take the RtF road are something that is yet unfinished, I have to confess. They will remain unfinished for BGT, I am afraid. For EET I have already decided on a different concept - you either get the *normal* endings provided by the mods in case you finish at ToB - or you will get only epilogue for those that will not appear in RtF at all. i.e. nothing is precluded if you decide to continue the game.
About portraits, yeah, I can replace all portraits manually, all right, but if I delete lets say Mazzy's portrait from mod package before installation will Sandrah fail to install due to missing file? Yes

So you are really intent to make me to abandon BGT and to switch to EE:lol: But yes, I understand, progress and all that. To bad that you must chose, there is so much more potential for her  which will be fulfilled in EET I hope .
Spoiler

:ROFL:
Thanks for your mod Roxanne, all the best with her in EET and lastly: gameover on Sandrah's death is only for RtF, right?

Edited by Greenhorn, 08 February 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#1027 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:59 AM

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yasraena is untouched - as long as her original storyline is concerned. She gets an option later (after Underdark) when you discovered some Eilestrae shelter where she and Divalir may wait.

About Turnabout

Spoiler

So you are really intent to make me to abandon BGT and to switch to EE:lol: But yes, I understand, progress and all that. To bad that you must chose, there is so much more potential for her  which will be fulfilled in EET I hope .

I have been true fan of BGT for all my time spent with Baldur's Gate, so it took me much to turn now to EET. The main reasons were the limitations that became apparent during Sandrah's development, especially in the part after ToB and the technical gap between BG1 and 2. What I have done are workarounds - what I do now in EET is much more consistent.

Spoiler

:ROFL: 
Thanks for your mod Roxanne, all the best with her in EET and lastly: gameover on Sandrah's death is only for RtF, right?

Yes - and here it is not really *game over* but *quest over* - but since there is only your common quest in RtF those two are equivalent in this part of the game. (theoretically you could continue without her but I found it fair to tell the player that he/she will be moving aound empty maps in this case...)

The Sandrah Saga

#1028 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

Once again I'm reinstalling a BWS and have encountered a new error with SandrahNPC

FAILURE:
Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [worldmap.wmp] -> [Override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)"))

I tried swapping out this with the other tp2 file  I recently got off you but it doesn't seem to do the trick this time. At this stage it looks like that SandrahToT hasn't been installed yet as there' no debug file.

Attached Files

#1029 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

Once again I'm reinstalling a BWS and have encountered a new error with SandrahNPC

FAILURE:
Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)
ERROR: [worldmap.wmp] -> [Override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Semantic error in TP2 code (first ext-north-link check failed)"))

I tried swapping out this with the other tp2 file  I recently got off you but it doesn't seem to do the trick this time. At this stage it looks like that SandrahToT hasn't been installed yet as there' no debug file.

This looks like a issue in BWS, it should copy a version of worldmap before installing Sandrah, according to BWP manual, section 23.7.

"To be able to install Sandrah, you must copy the file worldmap.wmp IMMEDIATELY BEFORE INSTALLATION OF
THE MOD from the folder BiG World fixpack into the override folder.
Because this patch cannot be installed before, this will not be done by the BiG World Fixpack.bat, but the BiG World
Install.bat."

I will post your issue at BWS thread for them to look at it, maybe something was done in their latest update.

http://www.shsforums...147#entry587076

Edited by Roxanne, 10 February 2016 - 11:22 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1030 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:42 AM

I'll have another go at installing. Might even dl all the mods in a new folder just to make sure they're all the latest versions. Last install was with the most(12 hour)recent BWS.

#1031 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:28 AM

I think I removed that worldmap.wmp copying step before Sandrah. Until I update BWS, you can solve this as the BWP guide suggests by copying that worldmap.wmp file manually from Big World Fixpack\worldmap folder to your override just before installing Sandrah.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#1032 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

I think I removed that worldmap.wmp copying step before Sandrah. Until I update BWS, you can solve this as the BWP guide suggests by copying that worldmap.wmp file manually from Big World Fixpack\worldmap folder to your override just before installing Sandrah.

@agb1 - actually I could remove this part map install from the mod as it is not needed with BWS (In BWS it will be done later by BP-Worldmap mod reading the tables). However that would not work for people not using BWS.

I had this separate components before but now all of Sandrah has become just one component (due to some issues of dependencies we had reported in BWS). Probably this is where the issue originates.

I can again make the map requiring the additional operation a separate component to be  skipped in BWS if you think this is the better way??

The Sandrah Saga

#1033 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

Do you know why the worldmap.wmp needs to be overwritten with a Fixpack version? I wonder if some other mod is breaking it and this was a workaround. Ideally we could correct that underlying problem so no change is needed in Sandrah and no workaround is needed in BWS.

Alternatively you could check if setup-bws.tp2 component 0 is installed, but I'd prefer that you don't have to do that. Also BP BGT worldmap is not mandatory with BWS...

Edited by agb1, 11 February 2016 - 05:25 AM.

#1034 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:39 AM

Do you know why the worldmap.wmp needs to be overwritten with a Fixpack version? I wonder if some other mod is breaking it and this was a workaround. Ideally we could correct that underlying problem so no change is needed in Sandrah and no workaround is needed in BWS.

Alternatively you could check if setup-bws.tp2 component 0 is installed, but I'd prefer that you don't have to do that. Also BP BGT worldmap is not mandatory with BWS...

Sandrah needs the very large worldmap from BP-worldmap in any case, even if not required by BWS.

If the worldmap is already installed, Sandrah enforces the use of the largest map (this is a feature of BP-worldmap itself that checks which co-ordinates are present in all the areas it need to display and thus changes to the large one if it finds Sandrah's areas).

The only issue is that currently the mod may be installed before or after BP-worldmap. With the fixpack operation this was working all the time, I wonder what has changed it.

The Sandrah Saga

#1035 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:04 AM

worldmap.wmp is already in my override folder so i just replaced it with the one from the fixpack. I'l let this run over night and see if things pan out.

#1036 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:23 AM

For now I updated BWS to copy this worldmap file back in just before installing Sandrah.

#1037 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:33 AM

Sandrah readme has been updated to reflect latest findings related to NEJ2 (this has been an open issue so far)

>> there has been some discussion and analysis regarding NEJ (contentswise it is not compatible), it may be technically compatible with Sandrah but there are certainly issues

- There may be problems with the BG1 to SoA transition,

- multiple NPCs in SoA and

- the time triggered second part of NEJ during SoA may collide with the Shauhana plot from Sandrah (you may be unable to follow NEJ's call while you are in Clan Orc Land and NEJ will kill the PC for it).

- The second part is as well incompatible with Sandrah not giving up her main weapon, ever. You need to kick her out of party and chances are you will not be able to get her back into party afterwards.

Edited by Roxanne, 15 February 2016 - 04:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1038 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:34 AM

What's the Imoen/Hemmin globals to check as I returned the winter wolf pelt and cleared a lot of maps up to bandit camp without any further Imoen related dialogue. Running a Tactics Install minus some mods that Sandrah doesn't need.

Only got the Demon Quest once I reached Larswood so not sure if that needs to be done before the rest triggers.

#1039 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

What's the Imoen/Hemmin globals to check as I returned the winter wolf pelt and cleared a lot of maps up to bandit camp without any further Imoen related dialogue. Running a Tactics Install minus some mods that Sandrah doesn't need.

Only got the Demon Quest once I reached Larswood so not sure if that needs to be done before the rest triggers.

Have you revisited Henning? Received the coat? Was he kidnapped after you cleared the Nashkel mines?

Check

Global("SanImoNashInt","GLOBAL")

Demon Quest? Is that the demonic scroll stuff - it is another quest not related to Imoen- but best done prior Cloakwood anyway.

The Sandrah Saga

#1040 -Bronkhorst-

-Bronkhorst-

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

Hi,

I suspect I have missing scripts for the Tanari Prince, Khattark mage, and Iron throne mage.

Tanari prince

Script name Tanpri

Override script

Class script

Race script

General script

Default script

Iron throne mage

Script name travmag

Override script

Class script

Race script AGRANDBR