• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

#141 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:27 PM

Hello!

I am a german translator and Player of BG and the kerzenburg Forum. First of all, this modidea is fantastic. But there are questions...

There is no description what to do with the parts and how exactly to install this mod. I have pt1 and p2 - must they be merged?

BGT installer does not know Sandrah so it doesnt install. The files to downoad are often broken, or have errors.

For us as translators it woul be good as well to have the files traified, for better translation.

Thanks, I will happy to get an nanswer.

Thank you for your interest. Here are some answers.

The mod has actually three rar files if you want all of it

1.Sandrah-NPC must be installed first, it covers the BG1, SoA, and ToB contents, it should be installed on top of a full BGT installation as described in the readme.

2.Sandrah-RtF (Return to Faerun) has two rar files that shall be extracted into the game folder, the second part (due to size) contains the area maps (tiz files) and extracts into the same folder than the main part.

The BGT does not know her, she has just been posted for initial testing on the Spellhold forum and is probably not yet fit for wider use. To incorporate her later (if at all) into Big World would probably also need some modification for worldmap install.

With respect to tra files, the test version is english only and it is again too early to consider translations etc yet. It is still a mod under test.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#142 -gerri-

-gerri-

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the clarification!

If i downlod the files, winrar says to me there are unexpected Archive endings.

So none of the downloadable files is complete. I dont know where the mistake is. maybe the hoster.

I know its a test version, so no problems, the hint with the tra was only for later.

I HOPE you get Sandarh working, because I belive it could be one of the best mods ever! (And I know the most mods, i am a player of the first hours)

Why? Because I had similar ideas about a new character, daughter of Elminster and so on.

Very good!

Drizzt saga! You have included this mod in yours. Now in the german forums this mod has no good reviews,

because its too overpowered, the areas are bad and so on. Did you changed some things to make it better?

And thanks for expanding "the grey clan", this was long awaited, even it is not from the original author.

If you plan voicing, and you have a voice actress, it would be phenomenal if the voicing is so extensive like Neera in BGEE

That would be the cherry of icing!

Regards

gerri

#143 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:36 AM

So none of the downloadable files is complete. I dont know where the mistake is. maybe the hoster.

When did you download it and which version? I have just uploaded a new version last night (v1.03b), there were no reports to any such errors from any other users on earlier versions, and the new ones look ok from my side as well. Maybe there is an issue of downloading files while a new version is uploaded, I do not know.

I know its a test version, so no problems, the hint with the tra was only for later.

I HOPE you get Sandarh working, because I belive it could be one of the best mods ever! (And I know the most mods, i am a player of the first hours)

Why? Because I had similar ideas about a new character, daughter of Elminster and so on.

Very good!

Drizzt saga! You have included this mod in yours. Now in the german forums this mod has no good reviews,

because its too overpowered, the areas are bad and so on. Did you changed some things to make it better?

I have not changed the areas, there are no big issues there for an experienced player, just some rather narrow and hard to click on doors.

With respect to overpower, I did some very minor modification of the final battle so that not half of your party is killed instantaniously when entering the final area. My approach is to add to an existing mod and sometimes I try to get them tied closer into the context of the main story (original or Sandrah's story), but i am reluctant to really change other people's work.

Spoiler

In the BGT version Drizzt would only appear after you have done Durlag's Tower, and you have a choice to delay his joining even further, very much towards the end of BG1. Also, contents wise it makes more sense to pick up Drizzt after you know the full story of your heritage. With a party at that point in time the Drizzt mod is challenging but not really overpowered (my personal view and I have played the extension everytime I went through BG1 even before I created Sandrah).

And thanks for expanding "the grey clan", this was long awaited, even it is not from the original author.

The extension is really that, it just uses the original mod and its characters as a starting point, the original is unchanged (except for some interjections that show how Sandrah is connected to Legencase).

If you plan voicing, and you have a voice actress, it would be phenomenal if the voicing is so extensive like Neera in BGEE

With a mod of this scope you must set priorities. Mine have been the storyline and the consistency of the whole saga so far. Translations, voicing and music are for the long-term to-do list.

Regards

gerri

Edited by Roxanne, 18 April 2015 - 12:40 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#144 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:10 AM

When did you download it and which version? I have just uploaded a new version last night (v1.03b), there were no reports to any such errors from any other users on earlier versions, and the new ones look ok from my side as well. Maybe there is an issue of downloading files while a new version is uploaded, I do not know.

Very good!

I have not changed the areas, there are no big issues there for an experienced player, just some rather narrow and hard to click on doors.

With respect to overpower, I did some very minor modification of the final battle so that not half of your party is killed instantaniously when entering the final area. My approach is to add to an existing mod and sometimes I try to get them tied closer into the context of the main story (original or Sandrah's story), but i am reluctant to really change other people's work.

Spoiler

In the BGT version Drizzt would only appear after you have done Durlag's Tower, and you have a choice to delay his joining even further, very much towards the end of BG1. Also, contents wise it makes more sense to pick up Drizzt after you know the full story of your heritage. With a party at that point in time the Drizzt mod is challenging but not really overpowered (my personal view and I have played the extension everytime I went through BG1 even before I created Sandrah).

The extension is really that, it just uses the original mod and its characters as a starting point, the original is unchanged (except for some interjections that show how Sandrah is connected to Legencase).

With a mod of this scope you must set priorities. Mine have been the storyline and the consistency of the whole saga so far. Translations, voicing and music are for the long-term to-do list.

Regards

gerri

PS

I just downloaded and extracted the current version from the host and it is fine. Something went wrong with your download.

The Sandrah Saga

#145 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

2 more questions @ Roxanne:

How much of the mod's content is available to the player if he didn't take Sandrah along? Is there any reason to install this mod when I decide to play with all 6 of my custom characters, like, will I still be able to visit Waterdeep?

Is there any walkthrough for mod's new content around, or at least list of new quests starting points? With Big World installed it's so easy to miss a person you need to start a quest among hundreds of NPCs unless you know for sure whom to go to.

I have drafted a list of hints for the initial part of the mod,

Attached File  Sandrah NPC in BG1_Not a Walkthrough.txt   15.6K   1551 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#146 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

Damn that's a long list Rox ;) thx for tips

#147 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Error found in Zargal confrontation in the Bassilus area. Errtu appears instead of Ettin.

Simply copy attached file to the override folder for correction

The Sandrah Saga

#148 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hello, I recently found this mod and I wanna to try it in mine big world... During Installation got this:

WARNING: EXTEND_TOP state #51 out of range 0-35, SKIPPED
Mod Interactions (Sandrah NPC) was installed with warnings.

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [SandrahNPC/Shauhana/bshauha.d]: Failure("resource [BOO.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [BOO.DLG] not found for 'CHAIN3'")
Shauhana for Shadow of Amn BGT (Sandrah NPC) was not installed due to errors.

How could I fix this? :)

#149 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

How could I fix this? :)
The readme is there for a purpose, you probably need to install the Unfinished Business mod (the BG2 one), as it should contain the Boo.dlg . I could be wrong, but I am not the one that needs to read the readme. :P

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#150 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

well i had that one included. I try NEJ boo component

#151 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Ok the issue was caused by missing boo component from NEJ

#152 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:36 AM

Sorry, I found the mistake in my tp 2 as this dialog should be independent of any other mod to be installed first, I just wanted a check in order not to override any Boo.dlg if it existed.

So i have to correct

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~Boo.cre~ THEN BEGIN
COMPILE  ~SandrahNPC/Mods/boo.d~
END

to be

ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~Boo.dlg...

and then assign the dlg to the cre (if not already done by a previous mod.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 May 2015 - 11:38 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#153 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:33 PM

New Version uploaded

New Version uploaded, it has solved those problems reported so far but is still considered a test version.

Version1.04b replaces only the Sandrah NPC.rar file as the remainder has not changed and I wanted to avoid unecessary upload/download traffic on the server.

Change record:

• - Removal of some tweaks left in initial versions for easier testing (those gave Sandrah some unrealistic features during the BG1 early chapters)
  • - Added more enhanced checks for installed/not-installed mods and mod components
  • - Added option to avoid Candlekeep Chores in transition from BG1 to SoA (note that CtB nevertheless needs to be installed for the transition to work properly)
  • - Sandrah's receives upgraded personal items much later
  • - Sandrah will NOT adjust her level to the PC's at first encounter, her experience and level reflect her own history before you meet her
  • - More options added to receive the Bookhunter quest with or without Finch in party during first Waterdeep visit
  • - Imoen has correct equipment when joining in BG1
  • - Multiple corrections in dialogues
  • - Sandrah interactions for Branwen release from petrification enhanced
  • - 'Jondalar fix' (introduced by mod of the same name) fixed
  • - Zargal encounter corrected (Ettin was mixed up with Errtu)
  • - White NPC crossmod added
  • - Sandrah dreamfile triggers adjusted
  • - Waterdeep Waukeen temple is renovated when visited later in the game

1.03b

• - Revised some scripts to avoid IDS Spell issues in different BGT installations
  • - Added more checks for installed/not-installed mods and mod components
  • - revised Sandrah's personal items for joining party
  • - changed area scripts for Candlekeep, Nashkel and Carnival to avoid intro movie failures or delays
  • - corrected RtF transition areas map info
  • - revised Jen'lig and Quilandrah scripts
  • - added option for Haiass to join PC at Friendly Arm if Sandrah is not in party

1.02b

• - DYNAHEIR,cre issue resolved, TS or TS-BP are not required
  • - IDS issues resolved
  • - missing Triggers in BAFs resolved
  • - added some missing conditions in Dialog chains
  • - added additional checks for required and installed mods
  • - resolved missing CHAINS in dialogues
  • - corrected some scripts
  • - added check for BP180 or later
  • - made some more required mods conditional

The Sandrah Saga

#154 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

With respect of an NPC turning against you when attacked, she is not the only one who does that (probably only the initial BG1 do not). Furtermore, it is consistent with her personality and background story, which is evolving through the game. Being betrayed by companions, backstabbed etc is an issue in her family history that she is exploring by the time you meet her. She is extremely sensitive in this area.

I'm not talking about "force-attack". If she gets in Scorcher Ray/Fireball AoE she goes hostile, even if she's not the primary target. No other NPC does that (you need a script to do that).

What happens is that you have to babysit her so she doesn't ever get hit by your damaging spell. I haven't tried, but chances are, if one of your PCs gets charmed/confused, she'll turn "red-circled" as well. This isn't consistent with vanill game behaviour.

Correct, this is her initial reaction when she thinks she is attacked. She recovers (to green) after a short period if she finds that you have not really attacked her. And yes, this is not vanilla game behaviour and intended.

I looked again into this topic. The weird behaviour comes most likely from assigning  some AI script to her, which should not be done.

I will add a remark to the readme, neither Sandrah, nor Jen'lig or Shauhana will behave well with some script assigned to them. Their specific combat behaviour is in their default script and when disabled none of them will function properly and you will as well loose a number of triggers for their quests etc.

The Sandrah Saga

#155 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

Sorry, I found the mistake in my tp 2 as this dialog should be independent of any other mod to be installed first, I just wanted a check in order not to override any Boo.dlg if it existed.

So i have to correct

END

to be

I just want to verify that this has been fixed in the newest version.

#156 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

So i have to correct

END

to be

I just want to verify that this has been fixed in the newest version.

This is fixed in version 1.04b, (such fixes are summarized in the change record under "Added more enhanced checks for installed/not-installed mods and mod components")

The Sandrah Saga

#157 -qwerty-

-qwerty-

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:29 AM

I have a problem with the installation, precisely with "SandrahNPC for BGT Compiles" component.

WARNING: internal label [19] not found in processed DLG [DRIZZT]
ERROR: COPY_TRANS DRIZZT state #19 out of range 0-17, SKIPPED
ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS (Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range"))
ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [SandrahNPC/D/CVSandrJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
Stopping installation because of error.

any ideas what might be a problem?

#158 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:11 PM

I have a problem with the installation, precisely with "SandrahNPC for BGT Compiles" component.

WARNING: internal label [19] not found in processed DLG [DRIZZT]
ERROR: COPY_TRANS DRIZZT state #19 out of range 0-17, SKIPPED
ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS (Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range"))
ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [SandrahNPC/D/CVSandrJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
Stopping installation because of error.

any ideas what might be a problem?

The states above 17 in the Drizzt dialogue are the ones added by the Drizzt Saga mod which is required to be installed before Sandrah.

However the Sandrah mod checks at the very beginning that you have Drizzt Saga installed. At first glance it seems that either your installation of the Drizzt Saga has a mistake or that you do not have the BGT version of the mod. Maybe you could use Near Infinity to look at Drizzt.dlg and see how many states there are in that dialogue. If there are less than 19 states in it then something went wrong with the Drizzt Saga installation as you are missing the part where Drizzt asks the player for help after you finished Durlag's tower, see here for more details (http://www.shsforums...05-drizzt-saga/).

The Sandrah Saga

#159 -qwerty-

-qwerty-

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

thanks for your reply, I'll look at this in my spare time

#160 -GERRI-

-GERRI-

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

Are there any preview pics from the new areas???