Photo

Did CHARNAME and Imoen Step Outside of Candlekeep as Children?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

I can justify CHARNAME'S escape given that s/he could hide in the woods all night and presumably Candlekeep has patrols. Of course, Sarevok and crew comically lack ranged weapons so CHARNAME could run around in circles. A longer scene or patrolling guards would be appreciated. A mod with some patrols or apprehension of Sarevok staying around would be good

Edited by Bill Bisco, 12 June 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#22 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:09 AM

The novel is canon.

And that is beautiful.

#23 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

Probably sounds rather inane to say it, but does it truly matter? The BG series has a tendency to leave large gaps of "fill it yourselves" in its logic, one reason why there's so much content out there now I suppose.  Heck, even that novel spin was an attempt at that; it's there, it's a thing.  Same are the millions of fan fictions which could arguably be seen as the true story, only the original author of this whole franchise could reasonably claim otherwise.

Not an attempt to whittle this idea bubble into nothingness, mind you.  Just not sure what it really adds beyond what already exists, doubly so for the mage PC - rats, who needs assassins or incompetent thugs when the rats will get you, hm? :)

Then again if they're anything like Bethesda's Dishonored's rats, then we have a problem.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#24 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:01 PM

I actually despise the neurotic compulsion to fill in every story gap and background;  that space is better left to the player's imagination.  But I do enjoy speculating on possibilities like this thread does.  I don't think anyone is trying to come up with the "right" answer.  For myself, stuff like this actually helps me with my own mod, just from getting other people's input on expectations and assumptions.  Nothing's worse than playing a game a few times, filling in these blanks yourself, then a mod comes along and forces its own story over yours.  That's one reason I abhor mods that do too much with the existing stories and characters, instead of coming up with mostly original material.

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 12 June 2015 - 03:02 PM.