9 replies to this topic

#1 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:12 AM

Hello!

In 2010 someone reported here http://forums.pocket...p?topic=27355.0 the issue I am also facing five years later.

He was redirected here but browsing his profile for content I found he only posted once and not about those problems.

Does anybody have an answer to that?

To summarize: 

1) Erik and Jondalar inflicts one point of damage when they hit while instead they should deal zero

2) The protagonist stops attacking as if something in the script is resetting it to non attacking - it happened also for the assassins in Candlekeep

Thanks.

Edited by Salk, 11 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

WeiDU.log would be nice :cheers:

Need to know what script mods you have and whether the lolfixer is installed (have a hint that it's the culprit for the 1 damage thing)

What happens when you turn AI off? Does CHARNAME still stop attacking?

Could you do a changelog on BGSTAF04.ITM and AROW13.ITM please?

Also finally, can you try with ToBEx disabled once if you have it? Just rename the ToBEx.DLL to something else temporarily - rename it back after testing :)

Edited by Lollorian, 10 July 2015 - 09:05 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hello and thanks for your help!

I am going to take this step by step so I am just trying BGT with just ToBEx and G3 Fixpack (plus your Shift EXISTANCE patcher and Wyvern/Tanar'ri animation fix).

I wasn't using lolfixer.

I'll keep this updated with new info as I go. ;)

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:17 PM

I am going to take this step by step so I am just trying BGT with just ToBEx and G3 Fixpack (plus your Shift EXISTANCE patcher and Wyvern/Tanar'ri animation fix).
You do realize that the Wyvern animation fix won't install without the other mod that messes it up in the first place, right? Aka, you also need the Infinity Animation and the Tanar'ri and Wyvern v2 content.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:21 AM

The Imp,

It's very strange because I have not installed Infinity Animation and the mod still installs. What version do you have?

Edited by Salk, 11 July 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#6 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

It's very strange because I have not installed Infinity Animation and the mod still installs. What version do you have?
Well, see, it can install all it wants, but the question is, does it do a anything ? It likely doesn't in this regard, because it has nothing to fix without the Infinity Animations screw up. Yes that's why the Lol's fixes are good, they won't break anything that it's not broken already which it then fixes. Perhaps a properly placed BUT_ONLY -weidu command would actually try to show it, but it might not. You also could export the file to the games override folder -so it's not biffed- and see if it does go to the components backup folder when it's installed -to see that the fix is actually applied, because the file is changed, and so the restore point is made-.

Edited by The Imp, 11 July 2015 - 04:57 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

Miloch specified that this fix doesn't require IA:

http://www.shsforums...h-fix/?p=574021

and guess whom he was responding to? :P

Edited by Salk, 11 July 2015 - 05:50 AM.

#8 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:27 AM

I think I have found the culprit but I will make additional testing: it's Item Revisions' Weapon Changes component.

Confirmed: that particular component adds a base +1 damage to all bows in the game so Erik in Candlekeep hits for 1 point of damage each time.

Jondalar is not dealing any damage instead. False alarm there.

Edited by Salk, 11 July 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

I don't get it :unsure: Are you saying it didn't move the sound from PICKED_POCKET into EXISTANCE1 for CHANTE.CRE?

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#10 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

Sorry I was posting it in the wrong topic.

I'll re post it where it should be but yes, it's exactly what happens. CHAN.CRE has its sound still in the PICKED_POCKET slot. The other four chanters (Voice of the North, Voice of the Easy, Voice of the West and Voice of the South) instead are corrected.

Edited by Salk, 11 July 2015 - 09:33 AM.