Crash @ Sendai's Enclave

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:40 AM

Better solution. Install the attached mod.

It will turn any creature in your game that doesn't have animations into a gibberling (it will not crash, no quest changes, no missing items)

BACKUP ~gibberizer/backup~
AUTHOR ~Lollorian~
BEGIN ~Convert Missing Animations to Gibberlings~
COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.cre$~ ~override~
  PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN
    // Missing Animation Fixer
    READ_SHORT 0x28  "anim"    
    LOOKUP_IDS_SYMBOL_OF_INT animation animate %anim%
    PATCH_IF ("%anim%" STRING_EQUAL "%animation%") BEGIN
      PATCH_PRINT "%SOURCE_FILE% issue: Missing animation! Assigning Gibberling animation..."
      WRITE_SHORT 0x28 30720 // Gibberling
    END
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Yes this will be a part of the lolfixer soon :)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 03 December 2015 - 09:41 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#42 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

Is it actually going to change that naabasu demon model into a gibberling :D?

So the only impact it is going to have is creature's model and animation changed?

Edited by RutgerHauer, 03 December 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

Exactly :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#44 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

Can i install this mod of yours on top of my already installed mega mod installation? Or is there some mod installation order other than this?

#45 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

No issues with installing it last.

Btw, attach the DEBUG file the mod generates if you can :P

Edited by Lollorian, 03 December 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#46 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Many thanks for all the help!

I'ma try this mod fix once i get bored with Fallout4 ^^

#47 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

It will turn any creature in your game that doesn't have animations into a gibberling (it will not crash, no quest changes, no missing items)

Wish that were so... you mean it will make them use the classic gibberling animation, not make them gibberling.  :ROFL: (stat -vise) .. erhm, are you sure this is the best cause I am not sure they have a casting animation, which could also crash the game during the encounter.

YES, install it on top. Any mod can... it's just a little better to have for content compatibility, with a good install order. So you don't have different arrows that come in packages of 10, 25 and 67, and so forth and on.

Edited by The Imp, 03 December 2015 - 09:48 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#48 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

I don't think it will crash on cast. I tried it with his broken CRE in my vanilla ToB game - with the gibberizer installed, I had it petrifying super fast gibberling chasing me all around the stone heads area :lol:

If it does however, someone gimme another safe animation ID and it should be easy to change :P

#49 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

Well, if it casted that ... then I am not worried.. I just remembered that it would be good to remember to check that the casting works..

Now, I just have to jedi mind trick you into making all the peasants & townsfolk as Gibberlings. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#50 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:02 PM

Once i uninstall the mod of yours the normal model and animation will be back?

Edited by RutgerHauer, 03 December 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#51 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:23 PM

Once i uninstall the mod of yours the normal model and animation will be back?

Well uninstalling a mod will set the restored files back to the stage they were before the install. So if it prevented crashing, then the game will again crash if it's in the similar circumstance. Aka you meat the same animated character.

#52 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

Put crashing aside, will the creature's model and animation be back, is what i meant.

#53 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:44 PM

Well, it will be set back to the value that crashes the game.

To fix that, you need to install the Infinity Animations mod, and it's addons that add the animation that the .cre is using, correctly... so that the file name is the same as the one set into the .cre files byte mark. And to do that, you need to set the Windows Codepage reference to Latin based aka (English(United States)). Read the 3.2 about this.

#54 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

Haha guys, although i do appreciate all your inputs they were not all needed :P

The Imp, I have been having the Infinity Animations installed ever since i made this mega installation, now as you mentioned it i checked my uni-code language, it was polish so i set it to English USA and it fixed the crash. I entered the used to be crashy area and it all works fine. :D

Good question is how it got changed to polish, cause I'm pretty sure i used to run this mega installation with the proper uni-code.

Edited by RutgerHauer, 03 December 2015 - 03:00 PM.

#55 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:18 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RutgerHauer" data-cid="583438" data-time="1449180147"><p>
Once i uninstall the mod of yours the normal model and animation will be back?</p></blockquote>
Yes :)

#56 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

Good question is how it got changed to polish, cause I'm pretty sure i used to run this mega installation with the proper uni-code.
A bad Windows update. Who kno... cares.
The wormdoor is to full of hole, let's put this on them too....

#57 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

"2. Under the [Debug] section, set all values of 0 to 1."

Can i play with no risk of bugged quests etc, with the values set to 1 or i have to switch them back to zero in order to play normally?

Edited by RutgerHauer, 07 December 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#58 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

I can reasonably sure be that:

Can i play with no risk of bugged quests etc, with the values set to 1 or i have to switch them back to zero in order to play normally?

The game won't have any failures because of the alteration, the debug files that are set to print will be larger with all the values set to 1.