Fixing the KIT.IDS Megamod style

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Please not that it should be [ %TAB%] (space %TAB%). It should not be used in the replacement text.

#22 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

Will it preserve the column spacing with tabs between the columns?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#23 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

In an .ids file, the spacing isn't that important. Nor is it in fact in .2da's either... unless you really mess it up by touching the column headers too. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#24 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

I know the whitespace is ignored, but I'm a perfectionist.  If it was tab separated originally, I want the patched version to be tab separated too!  It's more readable.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#25 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

Looking the file with Near Infinity, it's just one space between the number, and kitname/whatever.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#26 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:31 AM

OK, so not this file. Really my question is how to represent a tab in Weidu replacement text.

#27 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:10 PM

Here's some working code if you like:
Spoiler

OK, so not this file. Really my question is how to represent a tab in Weidu replacement text.
"%TAB%" or literal tab stop.

#28 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

Thanks.  So this would work also?

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~.*[ %TAB%]WILDMAGE[ %TAB%]*~               ~0x80000000%TAB%WILDMAGE~

#29 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:24 PM

Sure.

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

Ok and patch up using Wisp's new patching code :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#31 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys.  I'm working on an update of Refinements, and rather than rely on the FixPack (which you know I hate to do) I'd like to make this right, in the Refinements code, once and for all. 

To do that, should I add Wisp's code in the spoiler 3 posts above?

Will that work both on the old TOB engine and also BG2EE?  Does the BG2EE kit.ids even need this treatment?  Can I just put that code between

ACTION_IF ENGINE_IS ~soa tob bgt~ BEGIN
   (yadda yadda code)
END

?

#32 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:12 AM

Here's some working code if you like:
Spoiler

Unfortunately, this needs one more change. The trailing asterisk actually allows the code to match stuff it shouldn't, , e.g. ~.*[ %TAB%]BLADE[ %TAB%]*~ will happily match a BLADEMASTER kit. So one more time:
Spoiler

Edited by CamDawg, 24 March 2016 - 07:19 AM.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#33 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:45 AM

The code has a SPACE between the bracket and the TAB's first percentage mark which I expect to make the difference of it not matching with BLADEM as it lacks that space and I haven't ran into a kit which .ids includes a space cause the additional functions that determines that can get messed up with one. Not that I know what's good and what's not.

Edited by The Imp, 24 March 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#34 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:05 AM

No, that wasn't the issue. The problem with that trailing asterisk is that it means WeiDU would match BLADE followed by 0, 1, or more spaces/tabs. The problem is the 0-match case, which opens the door for matching BLADEfoo since it's technically BLADE followed by zero spaces/tabs. What I've done is forced WeiDU to match BLADE followed by at least one space, tab, or line break, which explicitly excludes BLADEfoo.

If someone's somehow installing kits with spaces in their names, that's on them--they're going to break a lot of IDS and 2DA tables. :)

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.