Photo

Game crashes while fighting Sarevok (Tactic-Mods)

TacticMods BWS BigWorldSetup Bug Crash Sarevok MegaMod

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zara

Zara
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Hi!

I installed the Tactics-Megamods (so there is probably nearly everything in there) with the BigWorldSetup since i wanted a new challenge. I didn't have any Problems throughout BG1 (which is great!), but now i have a major problem concerning the final battle with Sarevok. When I fight him and his companions Baldurs Gate crashes (without showing why). That all happens a few seconds after the battle started. I've tried to kill the mages (using ctrl+y) and other chars to see if they were the problem, but that didn't seem to be the case. I attached my (extremly long, sorry) WeiDU.log. If there is any way to give you better information please let me know, i am not very experienced with this stuff! 

I am really thankful for every answer! 

Attached Files

Edited by Zara, 17 February 2016 - 04:46 PM.

#2 Zara

Zara
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

Here the error log ! 

- no longer needed - 

Edited by Zara, 18 February 2016 - 03:07 AM.

#3 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:53 PM

Another player recently reported the same problem. We traced it to one of Sarevok's weapon animations, I think. I don't see the thread at the moment. Renaming a different SW2H item file as SW2H16.ITM and dropping it in your override folder might be enough to prevent the crashes.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#4 Zara

Zara
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:34 AM

you are corret, thank you very much! 

I checked that and if you look closely you can see that sarevok is "holding" two weapons in hand. I changed teh design of my char with Ctrl+6/7 in the Sarevok-Design and found out that that the weapon itself is part of his design, so giving him another weapon (except of his fists) leads to him holding two weapons at once. However, that causes the game to crash if i attack something (also magic-animations since he has none). 

I also made him join my party with using Ctrl+Q and really holds his chaosblade in the weapon slot (and in the inventory so he can drop it). 

The only problem is, that in order to not crash the game he has to use his fists (which makes the fight not very hard) - i haven't found any weapon that wouldn't bring the game to crash since it always leads to the "two weapons"- thing. 

EDIT: In fact there are some 2handed weapons designed for sarevok:

SW2H02SA

SW2H11SA

SW2H20SA

FINSRV 

(and some other, you can find them using ShadowKeeper and MatchItemName: Sarevok ) 

Edited by Zara, 18 February 2016 - 02:44 AM.

#5 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

Since this is an animation issue (Sarevok should be able to wield a sword), the root cause of this problem is probably some mod that has replaced Sarevok's animation BAM file.

I found the previous discussion here:
http://www.shsforums...llation/page-16

Revised Battles component 7107 (improved wraith Sarevok) replaces the animations. Copy the BAM files from revised_battles\backup\7107 to your override and see if that allows Sarevok to use his sword.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:23 AM

I believe this to be the lolfixer's doing - could you attach your BiG World Debug.7z please? (I assume lolfixer found Sarevok had a sword lying in his inventory and had him equip it or something)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

No - it is his normal sword (modded effects, probably, but still the item he normally has equipped). The problem (I believe) is that his BG1 Sarevok animations have been replaced with BG2 Sarevok animations that lack a sword animation... Revised Battles probably wasn't coded with BGT in mind.

Edited by agb1, 18 February 2016 - 02:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TacticMods, BWS, BigWorldSetup, Bug, Crash, Sarevok, MegaMod