BWP Classic Adventures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pearate

Pearate
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm installing the Classic Adventures Mod 53 +53a through the BWP auto install.

I selected the recommended installation and haven't change any advance setting.

I followed all the first stapes, clean install + save. (vanilla game (SoA, ToB and patch))

I have all the new files in the BWP download folder and the auto install confirm the presence off all the files needed.

I have an issue during the installation :

##### Resource Fixer #####
The mod was not found.

I downloaded the Resource Fixer v1 myself in the Download folder.

But the auto install don't find it.

What should I do ? continue the installation without the Resource Fixer ?

Edited by Pearate, 14 July 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Well, the CA is really self contained Total Conversion mod, so it doesn't need any mods, let alone any of the BWS's (fix)tools, so yeah, if I were you, I would continue without it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Pearate

Pearate
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:28 AM

OK, I skipped all the conflict from the installation (they are many) and started a game, everything seems to work.

Just a word about the additional mods, I know that CA is a self contained Total Conversion mod. But I read too that some mods are compatible with (animation fix + additional, rebalancing, bug corrections, better ADD or DD rules integrations, and most of it: better AI). Assuming that a part of BPW was built for the CA installation, I think it's a good way to run the CA mod.

What's your point of view about BWP ?

I let you know later in this tread if everything runs properly. I will have the time to play in a month or two, for the moment I just try to install everything properly.

Edited by Pearate, 15 July 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:58 AM

What's you point of view about BWP ?

Well, I played the vanilla CA when it was still being developed, and you can see actually that part of the old enhancements are part of the mod, things like the thac0 & other tweaks(new spells, AI enhancements, NPC exclusive kits, added items +more), as the CA itself is based on one of the old BP builds, which was the ancient version&inspiration of the BWP/S. Some of the AI features over the base vanilla BG2 are harder hard to tell most of the time, as the story's encounters are build for the ruleset in the game, and the placement of the enemy are well set.
The balance is build on those bases and if you tweak the values too much, you might get non intended off balance. Which side depends on the exact tweaks. Aka if you install OP spell mod, you can "easily" kill the opponents with those spells so that you won't even ever see one of them, but that's cause you installed the OP spell mod.

Some of the vanilla's fixes were also included, but as most fixes are kinda story dependent, so they are not needed. Things like alignment changes (that effect spell selection etc), item usability (not needed as they are not present, example being an NPC's full plate armor that was usable by a monk, not being present in the game as the NPC is not there to be recruited).

I try to support the BWS's approach to installing mods to the BG2 game. That said, as a Total Conversion mod, the mod doesn't really need any other mods. Of course if you wish to install any rule change mods .. it works there to a few limits.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BWP, Classic Adventures