Photo

ActionOverride and moving actors about

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:52 PM

Now that I have a system of new charm coded it's time to see whether I can make it more useful by moving actors about. Calling them over, through a spell, is an obvious way to prevent charmed people from settling down on the spot while the party is nudging them to move along. If only I can get those GOODBUTBLUE mortals, I mean normals, to walk where I want them!

This is a question for those who have often used ActionOverride - if you put this in an invisible creature's script to have it override another's actions, you are in the best position to answer it and help bring about the most glorious thing since... well, if I could move them, it might make better squad combat possible. Involving blues. Or perhaps you have done cutscenes. Then you are sure to have move people about!

So have you done those external overrides? How? Were the creatures neutral? Any special considerations that come to mind?

A particular problem I'm having is that creatures who run scripts with things like Nearest, SecondNearest and so on don't react to allegiance. You can have them look for a class or an alignment and then, for instance, cast a spell on those people (except it's also weird, as I wrote about here: http://www.shsforums...th-this-script/), but they totally ignore the fact that someone is GOODBUTBLUE, even when you've just tested that allegiance - summoned some baddies and the character in question came to your aid... They don't see that.

Anyway, even if I can get a creature noticed by a class or an alignment, I still can't seem to order them to walk. They sort of strain, you know? As if preparing to do something. But nothing actually happens.

Edited by temnix, 24 September 2016 - 12:53 PM.