Need some help pretty please, anyone?

BWS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -JaimeCalloway-

-JaimeCalloway-

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:05 PM

Newbie here, I would really appreciate some help.  I'm trying to get Leonardo's BWS to run a batch installation.  I chose "Tactics" as I want a highly challenging game.  I followed all instructions, watched as it auto downloaded all the files required (except some Yoshimo mod that couldn't be found anywhere).  I also manually unchecked the mod "Drows" which it indicated by its red flag that it had problems with other mods.  Then continued on with the extracting process and eventually got to the Big World Installpack window, which prompted me to reboot first before doing anything else.  After restarting my computer and re-running the big world installer I was given 4 options.  Unpack the files, install the files, and two others.  I figured since the BWS had already auto extracted everything earlier option #1 didn't need to be selected.  Right?  I have no idea, the installer only told me to reboot.  So I chose option #2 to get the installation of the megamod going, hoping this was the right thing to do.

After selecting BGT with BG and BG2 (option 3) it indicated it had "passed" some BG1 check then a BG2 check and also a "tool check".  Well right after that it goes on to say "system cannot find the file specified" X 4.  Then 6 X "1 file is copied", and finally 3 X "file is moved".

After this it goes into a heading "MODS CHECKED' and then tells me 3 X  "MTS Crappack is not present yet.  MTS Crappack must be installed for entire compatibility with Big Picture."  Then says "Baldurdash is not present yet.  Baldurdash is however a condition for both Never Ending Journey and Tortured Souls.  Then "The mods listed above are not present in the BGII - SOA directory, however they are required for other mods".  Please add the mods and then repeat the check.

After checking around for answers I realized the Big World Installpack had a later version available so I downloaded it (15.6.2) and replaced the associated files in my SOA folder, figuring this would not cause a problem, since the BWS file that had originally extracted the installer was supposedly up to date (and if it isn't it auto-downloads the latest version, which begs the question why it wouldn't get the latest installpack(?).  I didn't know so I overlayed the installpack files with the newest stuff and tried running the new installpack.bat file and got the same results as before.

So I poked around the 'net' and found some version of the Crappack (v2) and also the latest Baldurdash version 1.68 and "added" those to the SOA folder and reran the installpack in hopes it would recognize those files.  But it doesn't recognize them and gave me the same issues as before.  Do I need to manually install them for them to be "recognized"?  Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this thing working? I thought those two mods were already included/integrated in other mods.  Should I just abandon Leonardo's "batch" installer altogether?  I recall seeing youtube videoes of ppl using the BWS and then manually adding / deleting components of mods.  I have no clue how they are able to do this however, as all I can do is select a "batch" method and from there I am allowed no access to any kind of further customization and so essentially I am stuck hoping the "batch" install works, which it never does (on my 20th or so try and about to throw in the towel.).

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Okay, to answer one of my own questions.   I saw from reading similar help topics a likely answer to how others are able to customize their megamod by choosing the 3rd option in the drop down menu of the BWS setup program, aptly named the BG2-BGT-Trilogy Customization (instead of the install.bat option right below it), unfortunately for some reason I never took notice of it before.  I think I am going to attempt a 2nd installation using this option and see how it turns out although any input would be still appreciated as to why the above mentioned Tactics batch install seems to be missing critical files; namely the Crappack and Baldurdash files.

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:12 PM

... namely the Crappack and Baldurdash files.

Because the Baldurdash files been in the wind ever since it was updated, and it's up to v1.75 if you'll notice...

Also notice that the .bat is a CMD.exe using utility, which is outdated by 10-20 years, by the .vbs and the last update to the .bat install was technically in January this year, although the BWS doesn't carry the same code as the BWInstall.bat, as that requires MANUAL SETUP process, and exact versions, so the download actually serves no purpose, unless you go ham on the manual setup-install, but the BWS's BWInstall tries to be based on the install.bat, well and the BWP fixpack's functions, but it can't do both. This part of the BWS is not the most important part of the ecosystem, so it's a lot more neglected than what it appears at first.

So to conclude, yeah you should use the BG2-...-Customization every time in the non-EE games. Unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Edited by The Imp, 28 September 2016 - 01:02 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BWS