• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:25 AM

I just released BWP v16:

The whole installation process is thoroughly reconditioned.
I made a first try to make NeEJ3 compatibile with BWP. Note: This ist not extensively tested yet, so reckon with problems.
BWP Fixpack and Textpacks are now corrected.

I made several different installations - the whole instllation procedure runs without any errors!

As already mentioned several times I can not update the Fixpack here in the forum for some reasons.
Please get the most recent version here:  https://kerzenburg.b...oads.php?cat=10

Please post your comments and suggestions for further versions here. At least I plan two more major releases. Unfortunately I have rarely time to work on BWP. So it may last a few weeks until a new update will be released.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:00 AM

Please get the most recent version here...

Gives me:

"Der Server ist zurzeit ausgelastet." Erhm, I cannot read the language... but I bet your server is down or I cannot receive the data without signing in.

The BWS is maintaining it's own Fixpack here... I would hate to see the two efforts to diverge, as then you both have to do the same thing twice.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:52 AM

At first glance, the BWP v16 Fixpack package appears to be missing the following fixes from the GitHub branch:

1. BP Ascension -- dialog patching for ILLASERA.DLG, YAGA01.DLG, GROMNIR.DLG
2. Dace - micbaldur's typo fix for AR4000 (ToB starting area)
3. CoM encounters - micbaldur's fixed spawning points to prevent premature Solaufein trigger
4. CtB - Nightfarer's ZILFGT01 creature patching
5. Fading Promises - fixed mace targeting and dialog fixes
6. Frennedan NPC - Imrae interjection fix
7. Gloran/Raziel/KimNPC - micbaldur's Copper Coronet leave-party positioning fix
8. Thrown Hammers - tooltip.2da indexing error
9. karatur - fixed BACKUP folder and removed KTStore invalid offsets
10. Revised Battles - don't spawn Lug in BG1

Conversely, it has fixes for the following mods that aren't on the GitHub branch:

1. Tweaks Anthology (cdtweaks) -- outdated (was for beta 4 of the mod) item reindexing patch for item files with effects before abilities (newer beta 5 includes this fix)
2. gMinion - different version (2 vs. V2) and no LANGUAGE block (BWP textpack English doesn't add the block either, so I'm not sure what's going on here)
3. CoM Encounters - adds usability restriction info to item descriptions, no LANGUAGE block (again, not handled by BWP textpack english?) .. different version (v1.10 vs. v1.10_charsets)?
4. Tortured Souls / NeJ - changed file deletion lists (+ 3/5 bams, - 1 mos)
5. Uldar - patch instead of overwrite
6. Innershade - worldmap
7. Divine Remix v8 - new patch added, disables some WRITE_BYTE 0x247 when copying creature files (offset is part of kit definition)
8. Almateria's Restoration Project - worldmap
9. Unique Artifacts - resource file name typo fix
10. Baldurdash - swapped Dead("aran") and Dead("aran02") in two different blocks in nAR0239.baf
11. Divine Remix v7 - disabled some WRITE_BYTE 0x247 on cre copies, replaced an itm
12. TOD patches (removed from GitHub Fixpack recently because I incorporated them into a new release of TOD now available on GitHub)
13. new compatibility patches for NeJ, NeJ2/CtB, NeJ3, BoM/Sovereign, CtB/Baldurdash, Baldurdash/BG2Fixpack, Keldorn Romance, TDD/Ninde
14. added bp-bgt-worldmap map icons for Fields of the Dead, Rukrakia, Innershade

It also adds a new _EE section with patches for EE Tactics, Helarine, DarkHorizonsBGEE.

Working on merging...

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#4 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

Holy crap, can't believe I'll be able to spent my New Year holidays playing BG with a whole lot of a new fixes! You people are the best, many thanks for all involved!

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#5 -Prof Errata-

-Prof Errata-

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:16 PM

Well, where is it possible to download the mods called NMT and NML - both chinese - given in the TextPack English ?

#6 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

If you go here, click Source on the left side bar, click the BiG World Setup folder, then click Config and then Global, you'll see the latest ini files that include download links and mod descriptions. The ini files are in the form mod-setup-name.ini so for example NMT.ini.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#7 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:48 PM

Thank You Leonardo Watson for all your hard work!

I am still playing through an older version, but when it is finished I am very likely starting a new one.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#8 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:23 AM

The _utils\patch.exe included with BWP Fixpack v16 is smaller than the exe in earlier releases. It does not print anything when I type 'patch.exe --version' or 'patch.exe --help' in a command prompt. The GitHub Fixpack has patch.exe GNU version 2.7.5.

Why was this changed in v16 and what is the new version?

#9 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

It is the same patch.exe as ever. Version is 2.5. To get the info I used a small batch-file with the lines:

patch.exe --help
pause

patch.exe -v
pause

#10 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:11 AM

In the copy of BiG World Fixpack-v16.7z I downloaded yesterday, the patch.exe is 64kb. The patch.exe on GitHub is 160kb. When I try using your commands above in a .bat file with the 64kb version, it doesn't display anything:

Spoiler

Is my copy of the Fixpack 7z the correct size? 15.2 MB (15,988,022 bytes)

#11 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Unrelated question. Fixpack v16 adds Devin\_copy\Items\Yeti\PxYeti.cre but it was already in _copy\Anim\Yeti\PxYeti.cre and as far as I can see, the Anim path is the only one that actually gets copied to the override folder by setup-devin.tp2.

Should the new PxYeti.cre replace the previous one in the Anim folder?

#12 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

Items path should be wrong.

The path is Anim\Yeti\PxYeti.cre

The issue with the mod is that PxYeti.cre included is IWD format.
The creature overwring the mod included is the same creature but BG format

#13 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:53 AM

Checked ... the files are identical.  I'll delete the one in Items path.

#14 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

BiG World Fixpack on GitHub has been updated:

Spoiler

#15 new(Mike)

new(Mike)
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 08:49 AM

thank Leonardo for you great work

#16 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:02 AM

Leonardo, you da man! er, team!

Thanks for all your wonderful contributions.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *