Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#301 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

The cutscene are effectively the memory of the BG1 storie from CtB and the 3 cuscene from RoT with Jarlaxe and artemis capturing drizzt companion.

The RoT patch you now where he is, and if you are interrested i will post the CtB patch ( but those patch are only done to get basic EE/EET fonctionnality, not a full bug free experience) and i'm a very slow player so i have only tested the beginning of those conversion in game

#302 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:15 PM

Another good news today. Thanks Roxane! May I just confirm that you included this fix: https://forums.beamd...#Comment_616349 + this one: http://www.shsforums...crash/?p=239825 ? Are BWFixpack fixes are still needed ?

Like I said, this is just experimental and not yet tested.

I did not include Fixpack because I have not yet verified what of it is still required in EET. (But will check).

Nothing to be considered yet for BWS or such...I have not even checked if the original author is working on EET compatibility or not. This is just to see what may need to be done for full EET compatibility and to eventually support it (because I very much like to see LR in EET soon, Irenicus NPC is one of the highlights in ToB.)

The original author posted this

http://www.shsforums...on/#entry580686

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 03:24 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#303 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

dorotea post from http://www.shsforums...n/#entry580686:

Hi folks, if anything, I feel like revisiting LR for EE and trying to fix/modify a few issues with it. Since I have not re-played/touched the game for a Looong time it might take a while. Anybody around here willing to help ? Post here or message me.

It was made 2 years ago, last Active Nov 30 2015 12:22 AM, I'm sure that until today, something would comeup it there would be any compatibility changes. You patches could be easy transferred into original mod archive/site after testing.

I have thought a while about the issue now and decided to leave LR for EET alone.

Reason - it is still an actively maintained mod. Making it compatible for EET and fixing the known issues as well, would require to make all the updates backwards compatible with the old game. (See the new RoT version for reference.) Fixes would involve changes to spl, baf and d-files in this case.

This is not what *eediots* like me consider anymore. There is a version for BG2/BGT, it is 1.5.1 and there since October 2005. I would not dare to touch it.

As long as cross platform compatibility is the policy to convert mods to EET instead of allowing a new generation for a new game, I am out of it. I see no reason to test and develop repairs for a game that has been happy with the mods' status for a decade now. (Not after I read once more the last 20 posts from this http://www.shsforums...-53#entry592150)

The Sandrah Saga

#304 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

Well, I've got permission from Janetta to host mod at github.com - https://github.com/B...ct/LongerRoadEE

There is no such policy which you describe, don't bring unnecessary concerns on top of you head. So how about we leave old BG2 version alone and use all new EE engine features to atleast make it properly working for EE/EET/linux/osx?

This would be the way ahead.

Only I know nothing about linux/osx...

So what is the mod you put into github? The latest 1.5.1 version? And who is Janetta?

In which case it may be good to start a new thread for LongerRoadEE with maybe a to-do list for conversion

- remove tiz/tis conversion and use PVRZ

- update portraits

- update journal entries

- incorporate known issues from BWF

- update item descriptions and useability

- reflect all of the above in the TP2

- use wav instead ogg and remove conversion

- make final ToB scenes compatible with EE/EET

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 09:45 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#305 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:14 AM

Janetta is dorotea ;) I can add BWFixpack patches, recent ee-related fixes and then rename Setup-LongerRoad.tp2 to LREE\LongerRoad.tp2 - that would be a good start.

Here are the TIS/PVRZ to replace the tiz+converter  AND Irenicus EE-Portraits
Attached File  EETBMP.rar   525.18K   118 downloads

and yes, the tp2 should be moved into the mod folder.

PS - as far as I can see, there is no difference for LR between BG2EE(ToB) and EET, no chapter or area references to consider.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 February 2017 - 10:25 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#306 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:42 AM

It seems that Imoens Weapon proficiencies are bugged. I choose her to be a thief/mage and she doesnt have any weapon proficiency from the start. After some levelling i was able to spend a point into weapon proficiencies but still no proficiencies shown in her character menu :/

#307 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

It seems that Imoens Weapon proficiencies are bugged. I choose her to be a thief/mage and she doesnt have any weapon proficiency from the start. After some levelling i was able to spend a point into weapon proficiencies but still no proficiencies shown in her character menu :/

I cannot see how this can be caused by my mod. Nothing is changed in the proficiencies of thief/mage by the Sandrah mod. She should behave according to the rules you have installed on your game.

The Sandrah Saga

#308 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Janetta is dorotea ;) I can add BWFixpack patches, recent ee-related fixes and then rename Setup-LongerRoad.tp2 to LREE\LongerRoad.tp2 - that would be a good start.

I have started a new thread for this and did some homework http://www.shsforums...e/#entry593310.

The Sandrah Saga

#309 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

I cannot see how this can be caused by my mod. Nothing is changed in the proficiencies of thief/mage by the Sandrah mod. She should behave according to the rules you have installed on your game.

You can do this to solve the issue (hopefully)

1. Put this file Attached File  CVIMOD.SPL   346bytes   174 downloads into BG2EE/override

2. Via console do C:SetGlobal("profs","LOCALS",0) you must have Imoen selected when doing the input

3. You should now have this result:

ImoStats.jpg

The Sandrah Saga

#310 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

Unfortunately that did not help, tried it a couple of times :( she is still the only character (at least on the stats sheet) who misses the entire section of weapon proficiencies.

#311 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

Unfortunately that did not help, tried it a couple of times :( she is still the only character (at least on the stats sheet) who misses the entire section of weapon proficiencies.

I did some further testing and I think I found that we need an extra step if we want to repair it in a running game (This would not be required for Imoen joining in a normal way with the current mod's version.)

It looks like the proficiency menu is only updated on certain events (Joining party, level up, maybe others).

1. Put this file txt.gif  CVIMOD.SPL   346bytes   2 downloads into BG2EE/override

2. Make sure you have this block of code in your Imoen_,BCS

Spoiler
Make sure you are not yet in Chapter 3 or later, otherwise you need to delete the respective line from the code.

3. Kick Imoen out of the party but keep her in sight!!!

4. Via console do C:SetGlobal("profs","LOCALS",0) you must have your cursor over Imoen when doing the input

5. Let her rejoin and check the result.

I tested it with mage Imoen and mage/thief Imoen and it works for me.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 February 2017 - 12:42 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#312 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:14 AM

You mean the Imoen_.BCS from the override file? There are no if-then-else statements at all, seems more like a table:

"SC
CR
CO
TR
16399 0 0 0 0 "LOCALSprofs" "" OB
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ""OB

". Should i put the your statement at the end of the file? And im past chapter 3, should i completely remove "GlobalLT("Chapter","Global",3)" or just alter the chapter to fit my current chapter?

Its not such a big deal though, as long as her spells and thief abilities work out :)

Another question, I'm in Waterdeep for the first time and supposed to meet Elminster in his house but he is nowhere to find :(

#313 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:35 AM

You mean the Imoen_.BCS from the override file? There are no if-then-else statements at all, seems more like a table:

"SC
CR
CO
TR
16399 0 0 0 0 "LOCALSprofs" "" OB
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ""OB

". Should i put the your statement at the end of the file? And im past chapter 3, should i completely remove "GlobalLT("Chapter","Global",3)" or just alter the chapter to fit my current chapter?

Its not such a big deal though, as long as her spells and thief abilities work out :)

Another question, I'm in Waterdeep for the first time and supposed to meet Elminster in his house but he is nowhere to find :(

This is the file - and obviously you have that block in it. However to edit it, you would either need some game editor like Near Infinity or you need to decompile the bcs to baf with Weidu - make the chapter change (any ot those two you mentioned would do) - and re-compile it.

OR - you just C:SetGlobal("Chapter","Global",2) - then do the Imoen operations - then SetGlobal("Chapter","Global",x) x = your current chapter.

Elminster not at home.

You finished the shard quest and delivered the shard to E?

You received Sandrah's parcel?

C:GetGlobal("SanNarQ","GLOBAL") is 7?

If all is fulfilled and still no E - something got a hickup in that final quest scene...you need to C:CreateCreature("Elminsa") while you are near Landrel in that first room of E's house in WD.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 February 2017 - 05:42 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#314 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

Okay I have not finished the shard quest yet. I'm kinda stuck at cloud peak mountain... spend both waterfall areas a visit, but cant trigger any event and the diary isnt really helpful... can you give me a hint here?

#315 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:30 PM

Okay I have not finished the shard quest yet. I'm kinda stuck at cloud peak mountain... spend both waterfall areas a visit, but cant trigger any event and the diary isnt really helpful... can you give me a hint here?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#316 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

Spoiler

Nope, nowehere to find. Albert quest already solved if that is an issue here

#317 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:07 PM

Spoiler

Nope, nowehere to find. Albert quest already solved if that is an issue here

What is

GetGlobal("SanNarQ","GLOBAL") returning? Did you even get the quest from Elminster yet?

And without the quest - how did you get to Waterdeep?

Edited by Roxanne, 27 February 2017 - 01:15 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#318 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

it's set to 7. Yes i got a diary entry after talking to elminster at the friendly inn to check out cloudpeak mountains

#319 -Kvothe-

-Kvothe-

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

and i was told to go to waterdeep in order to check for Henning.

#320 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

There are only two ways that Global can go to 7

1.You do the shard quest and deliver the item to Elminster.

2. Sandrah leaves your party and solves the quest alone. You later rejoin with her at the Beregost temple

If you found a third way, you might have found a bug.

So how did Sandrah receive her Parcel from Elminster?

Edited by Roxanne, 27 February 2017 - 02:00 PM.

The Sandrah Saga