[MOD] Sandrah Saga For EET

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#321 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

I just met up with Khalid and Jahiera.  He is a Ranger/Cleric and she is a Fighter/Druid.  I'm assuming these changes are related to the NPC Mod that was installed with my BWS install of EET.  I try to use the "choose kit" option and all it gives me for Khalid is a bunch of Cleric Kits, there isn't an option to just move him over to straight up Ranger.

If I make changes to him with EE Keeper will it break the Sandrah Saga component of my game?

Am I missing the options somewhere to change him back to a single class fighter or ranger?

Should I just go in and uninstall the mod that changes this and start a new game?

I would like to keep my current game and just switch him using EE Keeper as long as that doesn't break anything.  I don't see much need for him as anything more than a fighter.  Of course I could just keep the two of them and get Nashkel out of the way and then drop them for other NPC's but I would like to fix his class problem long term in case I pick him back up.

#322 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

I just met up with Khalid and Jahiera.  He is a Ranger/Cleric and she is a Fighter/Druid.  I'm assuming these changes are related to the NPC Mod that was installed with my BWS install of EET.  I try to use the "choose kit" option and all it gives me for Khalid is a bunch of Cleric Kits, there isn't an option to just move him over to straight up Ranger.

If I make changes to him with EE Keeper will it break the Sandrah Saga component of my game?

Am I missing the options somewhere to change him back to a single class fighter or ranger?

Should I just go in and uninstall the mod that changes this and start a new game?

I would like to keep my current game and just switch him using EE Keeper as long as that doesn't break anything.  I don't see much need for him as anything more than a fighter.  Of course I could just keep the two of them and get Nashkel out of the way and then drop them for other NPC's but I would like to fix his class problem long term in case I pick him back up.

This change is in no way related to Sandrah. So I cannot tell you where it comes from or how you switch it back.

As for gameplay, there is nothing in the Sandrah mod that is depending on those two NPC's classes. The only one who is evaluated by my mod is Imoen, who gets extra content if she has some magic abilities and becomes friends with my priestess of Mystra, goddess of all magic.

As far as I know the game, there is only the shadow druid quest for Jaheira in Cloakwood that makes reference to her being Druid but that one works just the same for Fighter/Druid. I would see no danger in changing them to what you prefer - but i  may not know everything.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#323 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Thats fine.  I was mostly worried about it conflicting with the Sandrah mod, but you just answered that for me.  I'm making notes of the mods I won't install thru BWS next time, I did a big install this time to just see how it rolled and for these reasons especially, so I can figure out what mods not to install next time.

I'm enjoying the Sandrah Mod and just want to make sure I don't do anything to break it at this point, so you answered what I needed.  Thanks.

PS - is this the primary Forum for Sandrah related discussions?  Not bugs or the BWS thing, just the Sandrah Mod.  I just found it and haven't had time to dig thru but I will later.

Edited by Caserius Tendook, 13 April 2018 - 12:34 PM.

#324 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

Thats fine.  I was mostly worried about it conflicting with the Sandrah mod, but you just answered that for me.  I'm making notes of the mods I won't install thru BWS next time, I did a big install this time to just see how it rolled and for these reasons especially, so I can figure out what mods not to install next time.

I'm enjoying the Sandrah Mod and just want to make sure I don't do anything to break it at this point, so you answered what I needed.  Thanks.

PS - is this the primary Forum for Sandrah related discussions?  Not bugs or the BWS thing, just the Sandrah Mod.  I just found it and haven't had time to dig thru but I will later.

The BWS topic is for support and issues with that tool specifically. Admittedly it is not always obvious for a player having an issue where the source of it may be. So many use the BWS topic to report things because they used BWS to install their game. Many people visit and read the posts there, so often you get help there faster and surer than in some more specialized topics.

As for the two Sandrah topics - I created the Bugs and Support forum for the purpose stated by its name. The [Mods] one is something created automatically by the forum software, I guess the idea was to give mods a *home*.  Both are not strictly related to the mod, because many players - just like yourself - use it for help with *a game that contains Sandrah*. Personally, I have no problem with that, it just makes things harder to find for others. (The search function of this forum is not very useful.)

The Sandrah Saga

#325 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

So a little more research shows me that the Class Changes for Kahlid and Jaheria are part of the NPC_EE mod installed during BWS.  Apparently the choices to change Classes is done during that install.  I can apparently modify it by re running the weidu file and making the appropriate choices.  Is it ok to just go ahead and re-run it from within where it is for EET?  I'm not sure if doing so would goof up the Mod install order of things and therefore break the game.  I wouldn't think so since I have been able to rerun other mods like the UI mod, and the Hidden Gameplay mod without any problems.

Again, my #1 concern is trying to not break the Sandrah game I have running.  I'm going to try and set up another EET game through BWS next week on a different part of my PC to have the ability to play on multiple modded platforms.

#326 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

Hello! 

Little question about Shauhana:

Spoiler

And while talking about her, I just have to say that it's one of my favourite part of all Sandrah Saga, I really love Shauhana, her interactions and quests :)

#327 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:55 PM

Hello! 

Little question about Shauhana:

Spoiler

And while talking about her, I just have to say that it's one of my favourite part of all Sandrah Saga, I really love Shauhana, her interactions and quests :)

Did you talk to the blind orc in the slums after you broughtt Shauhana to Amn?

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 15 April 2018 - 08:03 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#328 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

Thanks a lot!

#329 gmargaro

gmargaro
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Hi Roxanne,

First, Thank you for your dedication to BG modding, especially to EET.

I have a question about sandrah : In the readme you say that the story mode is incompatible. Is there a technical reason to that ? and is ther a possible workaround to this incompatibility ?

I ask that because I play games for the stories, like i read a good book, not for the challenge.

I'd like to play a full (with as many mods as possible) EET install, but i don't want to get stuck with a unbeatable (for me) combat.

#330 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

Hi Roxanne,

I have a question about sandrah : In the readme you say that the story mode is incompatible. Is there a technical reason to that ? and is ther a possible workaround to this incompatibility ?

I ask that because I play games for the stories, like i read a good book, not for the challenge.

I'd like to play a full (with as many mods as possible) EET install, but i don't want to get stuck with a unbeatable (for me) combat.

Please remind me of the details, this was written long time ago - if I remember correctly, story mode was a cheat that prevented the protagonist and party members to die, correct?

There is also a mod with some similar idea where the PC only dies when all party members are dead.

Actually those cheats are no problem for the Part1 of Sandrah Saga. You can even use the EET_Tweak component that does a similar thing (EET_Tweak uses a global to control the cheat and this global is just changed at ToB end, so the rules are adjusted to fit the reamaining parts - this is not the case for story mode.)

However if you decide the continue beyond ToB with the Part 2 and 3 you will get stuck because 1) in SandrahRTF, the plot is for you and Sandrah and both of you need to stay alive to succeed and 2) in SandrahToT the challenge is to keep those four party members alive you need for success, i.e. Cyric, Kelemvor, Midnight and Adon..

Story mode or some undying mod change the rules in a way that disables the challenge but it also leads to situations that are not covered, e.g. if someone dies but the game continues, you may be stuck in a plot that has no more solution. The remaining party will be alive with nothing more to do.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 08:32 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#331 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:39 AM

Hello!

I have a little question! For the BG2 part:

I have Haer'Dalis in my team for now and I want to dump him to have another npc. But I don't want to dump him before i've done the special quest for him in Sandrah Saga. That particular quest are mentionned in the readme but i've not find anything on the web that mentionned when that quest start. When are that quest taking place? I'm 1-2 days after doing the planar prison quest now. 

Since i'm writing a question, I will ask another one: Are there any walkthrough for BG2 part of Sandrah Saga? I know the one from BG1 but that's all. Are one existing for BG2

Thanks a lot for everything!

#332 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

Hello!

I have a little question! For the BG2 part:

I have Haer'Dalis in my team for now and I want to dump him to have another npc. But I don't want to dump him before i've done the special quest for him in Sandrah Saga. That particular quest are mentionned in the readme but i've not find anything on the web that mentionned when that quest start. When are that quest taking place? I'm 1-2 days after doing the planar prison quest now. 

Since i'm writing a question, I will ask another one: Are there any walkthrough for BG2 part of Sandrah Saga? I know the one from BG1 but that's all. Are one existing for BG2

Thanks a lot for everything!

Check what Global("SanHaerRel1","GLOBAL") returns. The quest starts when it has reached 10 and you are in an overland outdoor area with no enemies around.

There is a kind of guide written by some EET fans but I do not know how far they advanced with it. I made a link on the mod download page to it.

PS The Haer'dalis thing with Sandrah will not happen if you either have Aerie in party or the protagonist romances the bard.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 10:44 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#333 -Valek-

-Valek-

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Thanks, that file have a lot more content for BG2 that the one I've find previously. It's exactly what I was looking for

Have a nice day!

#334 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:33 PM

There is a kind of guide written by some EET fans but I do not know how far they advanced with it. I made a link on the mod download page to it.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong download page or something but I can't find the link to this guide your talking about.  I'm looking at the SHS Download page that has all of your instructions, the download, file history, links to the readme, etc.  What am I not seeing here, or am I on the wrong site/page?

#335 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:59 PM

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong download page or something but I can't find the link to this guide your talking about.  I'm looking at the SHS Download page that has all of your instructions, the download, file history, links to the readme, etc.  What am I not seeing here, or am I on the wrong site/page?

First post of this here topic, last line.

The Sandrah Saga

#336 Caserius Tendook

Caserius Tendook
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

Got it Thanks!

Quick question for my education.  I downloaded the Alt Port for Sandrah into my overdrive folder.  In the past when I had portraits i put them into the portrait folder and they were available, is there a specific reason to extract these into overdrive instead of the portrait folder like the others?  What is the overdrive folder main purpose, I see it used to fix various things, I was just wondering.  Thanks.

#337 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

Got it Thanks!

Quick question for my education.  I downloaded the Alt Port for Sandrah into my overdrive folder.  In the past when I had portraits i put them into the portrait folder and they were available, is there a specific reason to extract these into overdrive instead of the portrait folder like the others?  What is the overdrive folder main purpose, I see it used to fix various things, I was just wondering.  Thanks.

It is override not overdrive. The purpose of this folder is to store those files and resources that are not part of the original game. Original game files are in /data in the bif-files you see there. Override contains new files added by mods AND the modded versions of original files, e.g. the dialogues of original NPCs that have been appended by the mods.

Everything in override has a higher priority in the game than the biffed resources. A Coran.cre in override (if there is one) is the one you meet in the game, not the one that came with the original game.

When you install Sandrah (or any other mod) all her files are in override, including her portrait. Putting the alternative there makes the game use that. Portraits are a special type of files, because, yes, you can also put them into portraits and that has an even higher priority than override, but there is no advantage to do this in Sandrah's case.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 11:41 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#338 gmargaro

gmargaro
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:47 AM

Hi Roxanne,

Please remind me of the details, this was written long time ago - if I remember correctly, story mode was a cheat that prevented the protagonist and party members to die, correct?

There is also a mod with some similar idea where the PC only dies when all party members are dead.

Actually those cheats are no problem for the Part1 of Sandrah Saga. You can even use the EET_Tweak component that does a similar thing (EET_Tweak uses a global to control the cheat and this global is just changed at ToB end, so the rules are adjusted to fit the reamaining parts - this is not the case for story mode.)

However if you decide the continue beyond ToB with the Part 2 and 3 you will get stuck because 1) in SandrahRTF, the plot is for you and Sandrah and both of you need to stay alive to succeed and 2) in SandrahToT the challenge is to keep those four party members alive you need for success, i.e. Cyric, Kelemvor, Midnight and Adon..

Story mode or some undying mod change the rules in a way that disables the challenge but it also leads to situations that are not covered, e.g. if someone dies but the game continues, you may be stuck in a plot that has no more solution. The remaining party will be alive with nothing more to do.

As i recall, the story mode prevent all your party to die, so it'll be safe to use in this case ?

#339 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:14 AM

Hi Roxanne,

As i recall, the story mode prevent all your party to die, so it'll be safe to use in this case ?

I think it should be fine until ToB. It was the Legacy of Bhaal mode that you cannot change anymore after you started the game, but Story Mode can just be disabled from the options screen.

The Sandrah Saga

#340 Samriel

Samriel
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:36 AM

A few questions:

1) Any new when ver 2.06 might be out?

2. I saw you uploaded a Tamoko mod on you Github page. Does it feature stuff like quests, romance, multiple outcomes regarding her fate, banters and/or Player Started Dialogue?

Edited by Samriel, 29 April 2018 - 05:42 AM.