Photo

Incorrect starting HP and lack of mod documentation (questions).

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Damianus_NT

Damianus_NT
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

A newly made fighter/mage (18 con) starts with 16 hp instead of 11. Why?

For comparison, a pure fighter gets the usual 14 hp, and fighter/mage/thief gets 10 hp (I also remember getting 15 hp on cavalier, but surprisingly, I cannot replicate that one). Is this a bug or just some usual mod behaviour?

Another question... is there any detailed 'CA' documentation, where one can read about the core components, included in the mod? The readme is pretty lacklustre and I could not find any specific information (in example, regarding obligatory and optional components).

Edited by Damianus_NT, 04 April 2017 - 03:19 AM.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:41 AM

That's a ... bug. Or you have another mod that screws around rulesetting that does this. As the CA comes with it's OWN ruleset and so no other is recommended.

Only the main component is the mandatory one... and the patch that has also just onemain component. The others are tweaks. But as it's a total conversion mod...As of the other components, Examn's Items waz rather unbalanced mod... this one adds a rather large portion of randomized items around, it's not entirely as bad as the original version of it, but I wouldn't recommend installing this one either.

As for the others, they pretty much do what they say in the tin, so choose however you wish.

And of course you can use the Widescreen mod, if your eyesight is likes to see more than 1024x768, as you'll need this for that, but install it after the CA mods...

The main component is the ruleset, adventures aka multiple paths and so forth.

And provide your weidu.log's content(aka open the file with Notepad for example) if you want to know what's up with the above HP issue...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 Damianus_NT

Damianus_NT
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Thank you, for the reply. The problem is... there is barely anything, other than the core component. Here you go:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DDRAWFIX/DDRAWFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // DDrawFix -> Force DirectDraw Emulation: v1.0
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, version 0.53
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install 1PP's Flaming Sword animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS053.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install the Ion Stone animations pack
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.07
~SETUP-CA053A.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod patch, version 0.53a

HP issue aside, it would be good if the authors provided players with some more data about mod's content. It is always nice to know what sort of changes/mods were implemented in the game.

Anyway, it's a shame that the 'Classic Adventures' project is frozen.

Edited by Damianus_NT, 04 April 2017 - 11:51 AM.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

Go to the <game install folder>/override/ -folder and find out if there's any hp_____.2da files in it ? The _ can be any character from abcd...xz ..

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 Damianus_NT

Damianus_NT
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

There is only one .2da file, in the override folder, but it's not helpful in any way.

Well, if there is no fast, clear answer to my question, then I shall simply ignore the hp bug and enjoy the mod as it is. A few extra health points should not be that bad ; )