Expanded Thief Stronghold - names gone bad

NPC name bug

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 szmatan

szmatan
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:47 AM

For some time I'm experiencing strange changes in NPC characters created by mod (barmaid and the drunkards), also drinks served by Rattell are affected.

Barmaid Jancie is now "Ouch!"

One of drunkards is now "The darkest day in your life".

Also, the names of drinks are changed into qoutes out of context.

Only names of characters made originally by Bioware (Rattell, Jariel, Lathan and five thieves) seem to be intact.

It happens every time I reinstall BG2 for some reasons, it also hapened once when I had installed mod Fading Promises. (Fading Promises seem to taint also Ribald's quotes (change of the language or empty lines) and music in every location. But sorry for an offtop.)

My installed mods are:

1. Almateria's Restoration Project v8.2.8 (all components)

2. Unfinished Business v26 (all components)

3. BG2 Tweaks v16 (components:

-pause dialogues

-silent "you must gather you party before leaving"

-Jaheira's alignment is Neutral Good

-Korgan's alignment is Neutral Evil

-party members may whine about reputation, but don't leave

-party members don't fight each other

-multiple strongholds

-remove experience limit

-high-level abilities for tri-classes)

(My character is female fighter/thief/mage, so I want her to being able to achieve advanced abilities.)

4. Berelinde's Keldorn Romance v3 (all components)

(I don't want my Charname to be molested by Annoyman - I'm sick of being his psychotherapist. Besides, I'd always preferred rather mature "silver daddies" like Keldorn.)

5. RezMod v2.6 (component: Masamune for SoA & ToB)

6. Expanded Thief Stronghold v2.20

7. Minotaur and Lilarcor

(Earlier I also tried Quest Pack, COM Encounters and Tortured soul Quest, but for some reason I've uninstalled them.)

Everything was going fine until the quest for Jaheira, who was cursed by evil baron. Not only the language changed from my native into English, but also there was a problem after the end of quest (normally, when your quest is "completed", all of the "incomplete" part's notes vanish from your diary, and there was present BOTH incomplete and complete notes in my diary).

So I had to uninstall BG2. And after that, I found Jancie, drunkards and drinks' names changed into senseless quotes.

Even restoring earlier Override (I had it saved for a case like this) didn't help.

When/where I made a mistake?

And how I can fix it?

I would add my WeiDU.log, but it's in non-English language.

Edited by szmatan, 16 August 2017 - 09:03 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NPC, name, bug