Need Help With Debugging my BWS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:31 AM

Hi,

Firstly, I would like to apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. Just point my to the right direction and I'll continue there.

Now for the problem: My current BG2EE +BWS installation has been running smoothly till now. I have not the slightest idea what would cause this aside from the possible failure to save prior to moving to another map or a buggy side encounter. I've provided a link to the file. It was too big to be attached here. Unfortunately I have no idea how to unpack this even though I've search around the web. Before, I used ToBEx to debug my game. Now I have no idea how to.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

So if anyone could look at it, It'll be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Aeviannce, 27 August 2017 - 12:47 AM.

#2 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:35 AM

Here is the save file...

Attached Files

• Attached File  Save.rar   255.01K   141 downloads

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

In case you want to post a savegame, you need to zip/rar the whole folder, e.g. 000000001-Quick-Save.

Also, you never describe what exactly your problem is. *There is a bug* is not helpful.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

In case you want to post a savegame, you need to zip/rar the whole folder, e.g. 000000001-Quick-Save.

Also, you never describe what exactly your problem is. *There is a bug* is not helpful.

Right. Sorry about that.

Well the problem is that the game crashes whenever I try moving to a new map (lets say from bridge to temple or any) via exiting a map and proceeding to the world map. I've tried using console and the areas load up with no problems.

Here is the complete folder.

Thanks for the help!

Attached Files

Edited by Aeviannce, 27 August 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#5 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

Try the following with console:

C:MoveToArea("oh6010")

You should land in some backstreet where you find Neera. See if that conversation runs without CtD. Check if afterwards you can travel again.

If Neera is not there

C:SetGlobal("OHN_NEERA_RENC","GLOBAL",1)

Edited by Roxanne, 27 August 2017 - 06:02 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#6 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:19 AM

You should land in some backstreet where you find Neera. See if that conversation runs without CtD. Check if afterwards you can travel again.

If Neera is not there

It worked! Thank you! Any idea why it does that?

#7 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

If Neera is not there

It worked! Thank you! Any idea why it does that?

Nothing that I can explain, too technical for my understanding. Something with grahics and colour depth and effects and your hardware.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 September 2017 - 03:28 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#8 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:43 PM

Welp~

Seems like this problem will happen quite often then... It happened again. This time I think it has something to do with Viconia after having a banter about "feeling the earth"

#9 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

Welp~

Seems like this problem will happen quite often then... It happened again. This time I think it has something to do with Viconia after having a banter about "feeling the earth"

Attached Files

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Welp~

This time it is Rassad's scene

C.MoveToArea("oh4010")

It is something in your install that affects all the cutscenes for the new NPCs, obviously.

PS - Your thread title is WRONG and a defamation because this has NOTHING TO DO WITH BWS.

Edited by Roxanne, 11 September 2017 - 01:01 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#11 Aeviannce

Aeviannce
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

Welp~

This time it is Rassad's scene

C.MoveToArea("oh4010")

It is something in your install that affects all the cutscenes for the new NPCs, obviously.

PS - Your thread title is WRONG and a defamation because this has NOTHING TO DO WITH BWS.

Yeah, I noticed that as well when I skimmed at Rasaad's walkthrough. Thanks for always replying, appreciate it very much!

Hmm well this configuration of mods called a Big World Setup? Just clarifying. I don't mean to defame or anything. I really love the work and effort made by the team behind it. Would it rather be called just "mod setup" then?

#12 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

Would it rather be called just "mod setup" then?

Nope, cause you didn't include the defining things in the name, Infinity Engine or Baldur's Gate ... and Megamod setup. As there's mod setups that have fallen to the hillside, for the lack of general interest. And the "BiG World" actually defines this well as it comes from the original concept of the compilation, which was Big Picture mod+, which itself was a compilation of smaller mods combined.

So there's actual history behind all this name mumbojumbo.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.