• 983 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

What does that do?

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

Identifies the character in the first party slot as opposed to Player1, e.g if you make Player3 lead your party.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

That's what I thought it would do, but no dice. I had a script that was supposed to kill (just for testing an action) Player2. I mean, the action targeted Player2, so that character, the first to join, Imoen in my case, had to be in the party. When I told her to get out, the script stopped working. I tried getting Kagain and Imoen both out, then inviting Kagain back in, and he filled the Player2 role. That's how the engine does it, fills missing Player roles with the next character to join. Well, this wasn't too handy, because what if the player didn't have Imoen (or Xzar, or Montaron...) with him anymore? What if he'd filled a party, then, after some adventuring, kicked them out and didn't invite anyone instead? I've done so myself. In that case a script targeting Player2 would fail.

So it seemed like a good idea to go with slots instead - "whoever is in the second slot" instead of Player2. Then, at least, I could just explain in my readme that this mechanic does not apply in solo play, there must be another character with the protagonist. Honest and clear. This was my plan. Well, guess what? The killing kept happening to Player2, Imoen, even though she was in slot four. I don't think those objects work correctly.

#4 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Use PartySlot1 instead of Player1Fill.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#5 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:41 PM