Photo

Breakable or fragile items

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

Weren't there some items or some property of items along these lines? I'm not talking about the chance of a weapon getting ruined by the iron plague, that's separate. I don't see anything like this in the flags, though.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

Yeah, sorry to break your bubble, but the iron plague is done with the break up effect. See the item itself features alternative item reference at offset 0x10 (of the main header)... it's the broken, replacement or "used up" item, and while the transition is made via opcode(#243) that drains one charge of the item, and as the items have only one charge, the breaking can happen during the first or the  99999999....99 hit.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Dude, I said I know how iron plague happens. I don't see any flags for "fragile" or what-was-the-name of that elusive property. Was it "destructible"? Anyway, it's not there. And there was, I recall, even an effect or an action that destroyed all of these fragile/breakable items. I've never used it or looked into it, until now.

Edited by temnix, 30 August 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#4 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

Yes, here is what I was talking about:

DestroyAllDestructableEquipment()

DestroyAllFragileDestructableEquipment(I:Type*ITEMFLAG)

Apparently anything not flagged Magical is destroyed with this. I wonder if that flag by itself does anything else like prevent an item from being sold or...? If not, then why don't we get Weidu to flag all items as magical except those that are clearly brittle or tearing - gems, potions, scrolls, wands? It would let is introduce some new dynamics, like fireballs blowing up all that.