Photo

Megamod without 3rd party spells

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jakar

Jakar
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:13 AM

My long time rage playing various megamods is seeing those unpolished spells in game. Almost all the big mods for me are unplayable because of that. Also i don't suspect to learn everytime new tactics with new spells, which varies with those mods.

Is there a some way to install big mods and keep default cleric and mage spells? Overwrite the changes at the end of install? Changes to default spells are ok, how could i avoid new spells in the game?

#2 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 01:39 AM

My long time rage playing various megamods is seeing those unpolished spells in game. Almost all the big mods for me are unplayable because of that. Also i don't suspect to learn everytime new tactics with new spells, which varies with those mods.

Is there a some way to install big mods and keep default cleric and mage spells? Overwrite the changes at the end of install? Changes to default spells are ok, how could i avoid new spells in the game?

Your post does not make it clear whether you talk of classic game or EE.

In the EET version of many mega-mods you have those spell/kit/gameplay tweaks now either removed or selectable as options. In EET you can have the mod's contents and combine it e.g. with SCS tactics. If you leave out spell mods from your mod selection you thus can come close to what you ask for.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:38 AM

If you play Classic game with BWP then:

1) look in BWP manual and choose mods which you want. Skip those spell revisions and options which have "spell" in them.

2) edit BiG World Installpack\install\individual.bat according to your selection.

I play with all the big mods and my spell book looks mostly the same as in original game. Some mods added a few spells but it is nothing game breaking.

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.