Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 12:53 PM

yes... a few, but I've already given too many spoilers:D hehe

Cuv

#43 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:55 AM

Just out of interest are you using British or American English?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#44 ak404

ak404

One-Armed Drunken Kensei

• 111 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 11:31 AM

I'd put money on American English for consistency. It's an ugly lurch of a language, but it transmits violence very well.

#45 Dyara

Dyara
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 01:00 PM

In fact we´re doing both :D ...

#46 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 04:17 AM

English (British)? I think you mean English (International).

We should release with English (International) (the language it's written in), English (American) and Deutsch.

#47 Mr.WeaseL

Mr.WeaseL
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 04:57 AM

the sword of kaas is a cool example. a +6 keen, unholy, vorpal longsword. 1d8+6 17-20/death (392,000gp)

Sword of cheese?! :blink:

Anyway, per D&D 3.5, that sword is 3,920,000 (*10 because of being epic), plus the abilities (caster level*spell level*(1800 for command word, or*2000 for use activated)/(5/charges per day)*2 for not taking up a slot.)
Oh, and Vorpal now only works on a natural 20.

Anyway, I think it's sad there are no +5 katanas. Is +1 average damage really that big a deal? (1d8 vs 1d10, and there are +5 longswords)

#48 -BlueNose-

-BlueNose-

Posted 21 January 2004 - 05:14 AM

What is it?

Kas and Vecna come from the Greyhawk setting. Vecna was a massively powerful wizard/lich. Kas was one of his lietuenants, a vampire. At some point Kas tried to destroy Vecna. In the battle that followed Vecna lost a hand and an eye (and I've always wondered how a longsword takes out just an eye) and Kas was destroyed. The Sword of Kas absorbed some of his essence and escaped, and is now a minor artifact. From memory a +6 intelligent longsword with the special purpose of destroying Vecna. Vecna went on to become a god, and his Hand and Eye are also artifacts - to use the hand you chop your own left hand off at the wrist and place the Hand of Vecna on the stump - I don't want to think about the Eye of Vecna.

#49 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:52 PM

I love it when people dig up old threads...

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#50 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:17 AM

I see nothing wrong with them doing so if they wish to contribute. Please leave moderating to the mods, and keep your comments related to the topic.

#51 -SlidMang0-

-SlidMang0-

Posted 22 January 2004 - 08:36 AM

Heh, Seifer is a moderator.

I'd put money on American English for consistency.

Bioware weren't consistent in their use of American/International English.

#52 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:32 PM

I see nothing wrong with them doing so if they wish to contribute. Please leave moderating to the mods, and keep your comments related to the topic.

I was doing just that actually, just making sure that old threads weren't being revived in the wrong trend as is more often the case then not, clearing out the fridge was a pain a while back.

Still, to respect the sanctity of the thread, I've only noticed a difference between British and American English with such words as color vs colour and so on. Pronouncation is really only a concern with some words (tomato, yoghurt and so forth) with voiced clips and the pool of words that are phonetically different isn't large enough to merit concern.

#53 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:15 AM

There are grammar differences I'm told, but I couldn't say what they are.

#54 Mr.WeaseL

Mr.WeaseL
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 09:34 AM

To recapitulate my point:

The argument for not including katanas with a greater than +3 enhancement (except for maybe vanilla +4 ones) was so they wouldn't unbalance the other mods (Ascension). Howeverm there are already +4, +5, +6 longswords in the game, and the average damage is only one less (1d8 vs 1d10). I'm probably missing something, but that doesn't strike me as unbalancing...

#55 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:46 PM

The fact is that RtW wouldn't want to join those other mods who present loads of +5/+6 weapons to the game. A very proud thing to do, mods like this and modders like those working on this project keep the spirit of the original game alive against powergaming effects.

Keep up the good work folks, you are doing it perfect so far. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#56 Xyx

Xyx
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:03 AM

We wish to be assured that people will play our mod purely for the right reasons. Getting your grubby paws on uber equipment is not a good reason for playing a mod, in our most humble (and in some cases not so humble :P) opinions.

#57 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 07:47 AM

We wish to be assured that people will play our mod purely for the right reasons. Getting your grubby paws on uber equipment is not a good reason for playing a mod,

Completely agree. Sentences like these make me feel it is worth waiting for this mod ;) .
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#58 Raistlin

Raistlin
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:23 PM

We wish to be assured that people will play our mod purely for the right reasons. Getting your grubby paws on uber equipment is not a good reason for playing a mod,

Completely agree. Sentences like these make me feel it is worth waiting for this mod ;) .

I second that. Jet black robes are all a Mage needs to succeed. That and patience, it would seem.

#59 Necaradan

Necaradan
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

If equiping both swords drains 2 CON points I wouldn't worry about being unbalanced

#60 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:04 PM

Exactly my feeling. There are certainly more powerful swords in the game already, but I like to play my games with a theme... so a pair of swords with a story can be roleplayed. Just as a paladin playing with Carsomyr, how you got the sword is a story to remember... not just the fact that you have an uber item. The two points of Constitution you lose are a small price to pay... imho.