NTotSC for EET (and BGT and BG:EE) - Bugthread

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

Roxanne: thank you for the link, but it doesn't seem to be a problem from NTotSC.

#42 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:03 PM

(The end boss dropped Sarevok's Chaos Sword - two times. You can prepare the next complaining post about why I removed those.)

Actually he had the always undroppable version of the Sword of Chaos equipped. And that item never ended up in any player's inventory ever.

The version usable by players is sw2h16, the undroppable endboss version is sw2h05.
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#43 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:25 PM

You are right, the BGT version had the sw2h05. But in the version I worked with both NTGOTH1.cre and NTGOTHA.cre were equipped with sw2h16.itm, the droppable version.

And I just checked and I see that my changes regarding this didn't make it into the released version (Gremlins!). It's still Sarevok's choas sword being dropped two times.

I guess I'll change the two swords to sw2h05.itm for the next update, then. Thank you for the suggestion!

Edited by jastey, 01 March 2018 - 10:25 PM.

#44 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:44 PM

Aaand new version is up.

#45 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:03 AM

Aaand new version is up.

Just to make sure. This change does not affect the plot item NTSWD05, Ghotal's sword, right?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#46 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

No, it does not affect the plot item NTSWD05. It was a change of the weapon the General fights with.

#47 TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:32 AM

Does this new verison fix the bug during the last  quest where you enter the flaming fist room and it CTD after finding the dwarf and adding him to the party. This was during the oto's nephew quest.

#48 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 07:51 AM

Does this new verison fix the bug during the last  quest where you enter the flaming fist room and it CTD after finding the dwarf and adding him to the party. This was during the oto's nephew quest.

Which game classic, BGT or EET did you use when this happened? It is not a known bug for NTotSC and I never encountered it. neither in BGT nor in EET. It may has well have been caused by some other mod changing creatures or animations.

The Sandrah Saga

#49 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:19 AM

NtotSC adds no dwarf that can join the party. And I don't know what you mean with oto's nephew quest. Are you sure the quests in question are from NTotSC?

#50 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

NtotSC adds no dwarf that can join the party. And I don't know what you mean with oto's nephew quest. Are you sure the quests in question are from NTotSC?

This is DSotSC, the final quest for Otho's nephew. The *flaming fist room* refers to a mod area that uses the graphics of the BG1 Flaming Fist Prison. Some old BGT version once had an erroneous TIS-file for the area below this room when you went through the trap door.

Not relevant for NTotSC nor for current EET version of DSotSC.

Edited by Roxanne, 02 March 2018 - 11:35 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#51 TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:12 PM

Which game classic, BGT or EET did you use when this happened? It is not a known bug for NTotSC and I never encountered it. neither in BGT nor in EET. It may has well have been caused by some other mod changing creatures or animations.

EET, if that is the enhanced edition trilogy that is.

#52 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:29 AM

The mod updates to v2.3.0.

Greatest change is that some unrelated fighting encounters are moved into a new optional component "Fighting Encounters".

For detailed changelog see here: http://www.shsforums...he-sword-coast/

#53 Crosaith

Crosaith
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

Hello, long time lurker, finally making an account. XD

Having trouble with my new BWS install, an error occurs when trying to install Sandrah and Ntotsc together. Error = "Sandrah requires the Fighting Encounters component from the Ntotsc mod  - please install first!".

#54 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

Well it's clearly error on Sandrah part - that mod relies on the old and unsupported version of NTotSC - so it has nothing to do with NTotSC and should be reported on Sandrah's forum.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#55 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

How is it relying on an old, unsupported version of NTotSC? Jatsey just made the split in July so the Sandrah mod is relying on the most up to date version of the mod. Regardless, Crosaith, all you need to do to get the install going is select the "Fighting Encounters" component. The error would then be resolved.

#56 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:56 AM

How is it relying on an old, unsupported version of NTotSC? Jatsey just made the split in July so the Sandrah mod is relying on the most up to date version of the mod. Regardless, Crosaith, all you need to do to get the install going is select the "Fighting Encounters" component. The error would then be resolved.

Is it the version by K4thos, or the original by erebusant ? Cause only one of those is the "latest", while the other might not have the component at all...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#57 Crosaith

Crosaith
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:08 PM

Just double checked. There are only 6 selectable components showing in BWS for Ntotsc, no Fighting Encounters, only Ntotsc, Keelor, Lucky Arrow, Hunting Hounds, Pilar, and Torment. They're all enabled. Fighting Encounters is in the Ntotsc zip file though. Is there a way to manually add the Fighting Encounters component to BWS?

I can post in the Sandrah forum too if that's necessary? I'm no expert, so I don't know the the most efficient way/place to get this resolved. That being said, I appreciate the help. :)

#58 southfla79

southfla79
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Which version of BWS are you using? 

#59 Crosaith

Crosaith
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

Which version of BWS are you using? 

The current version on https://github.com/B...p/BigWorldSetup

#60 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:16 AM

Manual installation on BWS, as far as I know, can be done by pausing the BWS and manually installing mods before letting it continue. I have no experience with this, though.

If you are on EET and want to install the Sandrah Saga, then it might be preferalble to use Roxanne's EET Setup Tool. I am sure it will offer the new NTotSC component as a requirement for Sandrah.