Photo

How to quickly stop music?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

I'm interested in cutting short music playing in an area, if any. I don't know exactly how the StartMusic action works to make it universal for any area, even with QUICK_FADE. It's not for something that's going to happen during combat, but even for daytime-nighttime music, taverns etc., I need a way to plug them without having to enter exact tune names or however that's supposed to work. Anybody care to explain?

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Play the default empty song/sound file... this one: spc1.acm it lasts for 60+seconds, so...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:10 AM

I wish you knew what you are talking about at least some of the time. That action takes only values from MUSIC.IDS, where you have to choose from set tune types. The best chance I have is with MISC4, hopefully most areas will have nothing there.

#4 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 12:21 PM

I wish you knew what you are talking about at least some of the time. That action takes only values from MUSIC.IDS, where you have to choose from set tune types. The best chance I have is with MISC4, hopefully most areas will have nothing there.

Actually, doing StartMusic(9,1) or PlaySong(0) would achieve the same, except as you said, StartMusic(9,1) would depend on what's in the area's misc4 slot. But, this isn't really a problem, official areas have those all empty.

Avenger

#5 temnix

temnix
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:58 AM

Okay. Thanks. PlaySong sounds like the better choice.